We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

new beginnings bring old players?

KK so im pretty sure i remember reading somewhere in the anti freep blah blah blah thread that tarbosh would consider a white hand return or day out but the whole audacity thing prevented it.

-For Creeps, ranks 2 through 6 of Audacity cost a total of 1125 Commendations (all Creeps start off with rank 1). Ranks 7 through 14 cost 6000 Commendations each.

That was copied and pasted from the RoR dev diary.

rumor has it alot of creeps are leaving. would be nice to get TWH to come back
    I do it for the lulz. ~SnH~
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.
    " When enough scrubs get together, they accomplish great things "

They could just be stating the obvious, saying that the ranks from 1 to whatever cost 1125 each now. Would give a large advantage to freeps, who keep their audacity gear even though it only puts them at half of max. I doubt they would do the same thing, but not real sure. Just the way I interpreted that passage
    Rugburnz r8 Warg Landroval || Bertreynoldz r6 Blackarrow Landroval || Rashburz r10 Reaver Meneldor || Undamil r6 Meneldor Spider

Scrugso r8 Landroval, Retired

Because all creeps AND freeps do, start at 1. (before purchasing any)
    Rugburnz r8 Warg Landroval || Bertreynoldz r6 Blackarrow Landroval || Rashburz r10 Reaver Meneldor || Undamil r6 Meneldor Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Hamfredstar View Post
    Would give a large advantage to freeps, who keep their audacity gear even though it only puts them at half of max. I doubt they would do the same thing, but not real sure. Just the way I interpreted that passage
    I suspect this isn't true: few freeps are likely to use level 75 gear in a level 85 zone, audacity or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamfredstar View Post
    They could just be stating the obvious, saying that the ranks from 1 to whatever cost 1125 each now. Would give a large advantage to freeps, who keep their audacity gear even though it only puts them at half of max. I doubt they would do the same thing, but not real sure. Just the way I interpreted that passage
    It said there would be a discount for lvl 85 audacity gear if you have pieces of the 75 set.
    Dirtluk~r12 Lukdirt~r9 Silencing~r11 Shilowadan~r10

Really depends how much they increase the stats on the gear. Considering there is no raids/instances, i doubt it will be increased significantly, meaning the benefits of audacity will probably outweigh the stat difference. Just my prediction, will have to see when the time comes.

For what I can tell, RoR is mostly focused on PvP rather than PvE. The immediate changes on launch (freeps) seems to be:

1) Get 10 levels through new PvE zones.

2) New LI's (Relics, IXP Runes, Crystals?).

3) New off-hand (for those that use them).

There is no Raid or cluster of instances coming right off the bat, and the changes to stats is not like SoM > RoI transition, in fact I see this more like MoM > SoM transition, where a lot of people were still using sets and jewelry from old lvl 60 cap, because the difference between Moria's sets and BG sets were not that big or even useful to many classes.

This makes it more viable for people to spend less time in PvE understanding an overwhelming change in classes and system, and more time in PvP which is the intention of RoR vs GW2.

So my foreseeable plan on launch date is to: Level up; Work towards a new LI weapon; Grind some skirmishes for new Jewelry/cloaks/2nd Ages/Off-hand ; and possibly some new rep jewelry with whatever new faction(s) is/are out.

PvP will be grind with my current 7 audacity towards 14 and figure out what this new Moors will mutate to =/

All of the above is only my opinion, I am pretty sure I missed a couple of points, but that's what I see so far.
    You don’t like it? Go somewhere else! To another universe, where the rules are simpler.-Feynman.

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    KK so im pretty sure i remember reading somewhere in the anti freep blah blah blah thread that tarbosh would consider a white hand return or day out but the whole audacity thing prevented it.

-For Creeps, ranks 2 through 6 of Audacity cost a total of 1125 Commendations (all Creeps start off with rank 1). Ranks 7 through 14 cost 6000 Commendations each.

That was copied and pasted from the RoR dev diary.

rumor has it alot of creeps are leaving. would be nice to get TWH to come back
    /em scratches head... Based on what you posted, every TWH player would need to grind out 54,750 comms in order to be able to compete. I wouldn't hold your breath. It would be cool and groovy if they would show up now and then, both creeps and freeps would enjoy it, but the "You Must Be This Tall In Order To Ride This Ride" bar has only gotten taller.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0100001fe8a8/signature.png]Wyver[/charsig]
    [B]
    Xnoy [/B]- rank something or other Warg, and [B]Wyver [/B]- rank mango fiesta delight Defiler

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000017023f/signature.png]Vigrith[/charsig]

Straste Rank 7 Burglar - Foyfe Rank 8 Rune-Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Fraegster View Post
    /em scratches head... Based on what you posted, every TWH player would need to grind out 54,750 comms in order to be able to compete. I wouldn't hold your breath. It would be cool and groovy if they would show up now and then, both creeps and freeps would enjoy it, but the "You Must Be This Tall In Order To Ride This Ride" bar has only gotten taller.
    But... but... it's TWH! I'm sure they'd figure out some way to pull it off!

I'd love it if TWH came back -- I only started playing in the Moors after they left. If Ugmog's open raid the other night was anything like a TWH raid, I'd cry for joy.
    [center]LANDROVAL: Anarwald, Hunter - Rank 7 ~ Dwinobald, Burglar - Rank 7
    [color=red]Anoarnakh - Rank 7 - Pouncing Pwny[/color]
    (Retired -- currently playing Real Life)[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by dniv14 View Post
    But... but... it's TWH! I'm sure they'd figure out some way to pull it off!

I'd love it if TWH came back -- I only started playing in the Moors after they left. If Ugmog's open raid the other night was anything like a TWH raid, I'd cry for joy.

Only if they finally wash their hands...
    Karathyn Thrace
    Psycho Mania
    Omnia illa et ante fiebant, omnia illa et ante fient
    Ita dicimus omnes

Quote Originally Posted by Anarionadama View Post
    Only if they finally wash their hands...
    Be nice...

But seriously, it would take so much effort for people to get up to standards that I just can't see it happening anytime soon...
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

well, as we all know freeps wont be out there in the moors for about 2 months which by then im pretty sure that every creep can get to 7-8 audacity with quests.

freeps will need to get the new audacity unless they feel like running around in old pvp audacity gear of lvl 75 which if they do they are choosing to have half the amount of incoming damage that of a freep with th new audacity gear of 85
    People @ turbine/WB are a huge tease, but dont worry they end up screwing you on every update/expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by sebo2yoface View Post
    well, as we all know freeps wont be out there in the moors for about 2 months which by then im pretty sure that every creep can get to 7-8 audacity with quests.

freeps will need to get the new audacity unless they feel like running around in old pvp audacity gear of lvl 75 which if they do they are choosing to have half the amount of incoming damage that of a freep with th new audacity gear of 85
    Don't you have to kill freeps to get the comms to earn the audacity levels?
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a01000008caad/signature.png]Tarbosh[/charsig]
    [/CENTER]

Well atm you can gain comms for just about every quest given by npc's..even killing slugs in grams ends up giving you like 40.

That will change with expansion, I think the amount you receive from quests will be cut in half or something like that.

We all know very well though that there is always those derp freeps that will go out there the second if not first day of expansion to check out the moors while not being maxed lvl so...

Free nomms = free comms = quick audacity

Getting commendations will be EXTREMELY easy. Atm every kill gives you half the commendation that person is worth in renown/infamy. For example you'd receive 60 comms from someone worth 120 renown/infamy but that changes with expansion to giving full amount so you would get 120 commendations.

Also let's be honest here just about everyone else that has gone to swtor has come back already
    Last edited by sebo2yoface; Aug 05 2012 at 06:36 AM.