We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

PLEASE get rid of the idiotic nattering in background in AH Crafting Halls etc

(sorry to restart this.. but im not curious who Isobel is.. I just want rid of her please!)

This has started to happen since the last patch....

Can we PLEASE get rid of it!

ITs irritating as hell! I dont want to listen about Isabelles holiday or other non Middle Earth ppl blithering on

Can you PLEASE put a button somewhere so I can choose to get rid of the idiotic nattering..

Im having to search places to do crafting that are outside now.. its AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHH
    Second Marshal Jevyan of Eldar
    : Mini LM RK Capt Champ Hunt Burg Guard Beorn R7: WL Def. Player from the beginning in 2007
    I can heal lots but I can't heal stupid

lol I noticed the change, too. Everything sounds so...modern now...like the noises you'd hear in your college cafeteria.

I swear, I heard someone pop the top on a soda can.

I agree on the sound track...

Keep track of how many times you hear the "we got in at 2AM..." comment the next time you craft for an hour...

It not only appears to be a recording of a meeting, it seems to be a very short 2 minute loop...
    I've tried turning the sound down, but now you don't hear the angelic "ring" when you crit....

btw Can you add a crafting command to NOT stop to name crits? The other day I was grinding the last 160+ brushed leather boots on my tailor and had to restart every THREE tries because I critted and it offered me a chance to name...

What am I going to name it; "Same old stuff I'm grinding on"?

Jammer
    Last edited by Isdring; Aug 08 2012 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jevvy View Post
    (sorry to restart this.. but im not curious who Isobel is.. I just want rid of her please!)

This has started to happen since the last patch....

Can we PLEASE get rid of it!

ITs irritating as hell! I dont want to listen about Isabelles holiday or other non Middle Earth ppl blithering on

Can you PLEASE put a button somewhere so I can choose to get rid of the idiotic nattering..

Im having to search places to do crafting that are outside now.. its AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHHHH
    Times like these I'm glad to be among the deaf players in game, you make it sound so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Jammermon View Post
    Keep track of how many times you hear the "we got in at 2AM..." comment the next time you craft for an hour...

It not only appears to be a recording of a meeting, it seems to be a very short 2 minute loop...
    I've tried turning the sound down, but now you don't hear the angelic "ring" when you crit....

btw Can you add a crafting command to NOT stop to name crits? The other day I was grinding the last 160+ brushed leather boots on my tailor and had to restart every THREE tries because I critted and it offered me a chance to name...

What am I going to name it; "Same old $chit I'm grinding on"?

Jammer
    I couldn't agree more. Especially when the bars get longer and longer. I can't crit without using items and lore except when I'm just crafting &&&& to level. Then I crit ever other one...

Didn't realize people actually ran with sounds turned on. I go with light battle sounds and all other music, etc turned off. Makes it too hard to hear in raids. Makes me happy with my audio choices based on what you are saying.
    Used to show a pic... Seems to be broken links now. Good Ole Turbine.

Yeah the Dev who added the annoying chattering obviously doesn't play with a headset, they must play with desktop speakers instead.
    [SIZE="1"]Just realize that while champions are awesome, we want you to be awesome too. That's why we do the things we do. - Harumph[/SIZE]

[size=1]I'm fairly certain no one is leaving the game due to confusion of what a strawman is or isn't. Which tells me we're done here.
    [color=blue]Last edited by Sapience; Aug 16 2010 at 12:12 PM.[/color][/size]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000fec66/01008/signature.png]Vysion[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Vysion34 View Post
    They must play with desktop speakers instead.
    Yeah, really, really small, outdated ones because we all know that Turbine only uses the good stuff for when they need a backdrop for a video.

And then they keep it turned off.

But that would just get rid of all the subliminal messages that Turbine is sending us through that seeming-babble. If you listen carefully, you can hear, “Buy stat tomes! Apparel dummies are cool! Store pots are great! Big Store sale! Buy stat tomes!”

The top popping on the soda can is obviously encouraging us to buy Store food.

What am I going to name it; "Same old $chit I'm grinding on"?

Jammer
    I use a vendor bought tool ... they dont crit (well not often anyway)

btw Can you add a crafting command to NOT stop to name crits? The other day I was grinding the last 160+ brushed leather boots on my tailor and had to restart every THREE tries because I critted and it offered me a chance to name...What am I going to name it; "Same old $chit I'm grinding on"? Jammer
    One time to use a default tool with no crit bonus, it helps but doesn't remove it completely, you still have the basic 5% chance but even that can give crit runs in a row. So all they need to add is a tool with minus crit chance for those times when we craft to max out a tier

Agreed. This is extremely annoying and I've heard several complaints already.

Please remove this, Turbine.
    And then, forever remains that change from G to E minor.

I agree, the nattering is annoying. It would be very nice if it was removed.

Agreed.
    Say NO to Isobel!
    "Aurë Entuluva!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuaje View Post
    Didn't realize people actually ran with sounds turned on. I go with light battle sounds and all other music, etc turned off. Makes it too hard to hear in raids. Makes me happy with my audio choices based on what you are saying.
    Really? You really thought everyone else turned all their sounds off?

You didn't realize that some people like to hear the game they are playing, didn't know the game's sound engineers had a viable product?

It's no problem, I am hear to tell ya that from hear on out all sound from hear to there will be blocked by those that don't want to hear it.

/rolleyes
    We tend to become like the worst in those we oppose.

not signed.

honestly, that chatter in the background doesn't affect whatever crafting i'm doing. <shrug>

Yep. I wholeheartedly agree!

WE NEED A NEW CONVERSATION!

I too am sick of hearing about Isabel for the last 4 years...:P
    There and back again since April 2008.

/signed

It's unbearable in the Combe Crafting Hall. There's like 7 NPCs in there at max and you can see them all not talking. Where does the chat come from?
    [CENTER][I][FONT=georgia]"Never laugh at live dragons"[/FONT][/I]
    [/CENTER]

/signed, it was much better when it sounded like load of random high pitched noises
    Quote Originally Posted by Curandhras View Post
    /signed

It's unbearable in the Combe Crafting Hall. There's like 7 NPCs in there at max and you can see them all not talking. Where does the chat come from?
    its supposed to be random background noise but its been getting worse and more nonsensical overtime
    Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on Snowbourn since 14/04/07
    spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold

Quote Originally Posted by Celebria View Post
    lol I noticed the change, too. Everything sounds so...modern now...like the noises you'd hear in your college cafeteria.

I swear, I heard someone pop the top on a soda can.
    I recall seeing it said that it WAS recorded in the Turbine Cafeteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggis View Post
    I recall seeing it said that it WAS recorded in the Turbine Cafeteria.
    I wasn't aware of that, but it's no surprise if this is true, because that's exactly what it sounds like.

The recording feels really amateurish, it's too loud compared to the other ambient noises to work as unintruding background chatter, the stuff being said doesn't fit in with the setting (and it's too easy to make out), the track seems to be on a really short loop and on top of that half the places where this track plays are nowhere near busy enough for it to work and that's an instant immersion breaker even without all the other stuff...

Simply put, if I could kill this track - kill, kill it with fire - I would...

I'd just settle for muting Ravens indoors myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Amarinth View Post
    I wasn't aware of that, but it's no surprise if this is true, because that's exactly what it sounds like.
    I found the thread where I thought I'd seen someone blue say that... but there wasn't anything there, so I can't back that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vysion34 View Post
    Yeah the Dev who added the annoying chattering obviously doesn't play with a headset, they must play with desktop speakers instead.
    Thse have always been there and there have been countless threads about it. But now they are even louder, clearer and more annoying.

How many intern hours would it have taken to mock up a background murmur? Hardly any. But instead some bozo just strolls down to the cafeteria, holds his cell up for a few seconds of recording and job apparently done. No background chatter at all would be preferable to this inane, insulting stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzban View Post
    Really? You really thought everyone else turned all their sounds off?

You didn't realize that some people like to hear the game they are playing, didn't know the game's sound engineers had a viable product?

It's no problem, I am hear to tell ya that from hear on out all sound from hear to there will be blocked by those that don't want to hear it.

/rolleyes
    You absolutly lost me on your post, but yes I am serious. I had no idea people maybe other than new players listen to all the background noises. Granted I spend most of my time grouped up or raiding and hearing the people in a raid is more important than some music or birds tweeting. Most everyone I run with has their audio set the same as well. A few even turn off the battle sounds.....
    Used to show a pic... Seems to be broken links now. Good Ole Turbine.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast