We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
    webrender is offline Wondering & only a little Lost

Pax Prime LOTRO Event - 2012 - Thank you LOTRO

Just got back from a very enjoyable evening at the PAX Prime LOTRO event and I just wanted to say thanks. It was a fun time with good food and great company. And even though I did win any of the raffles (that was left to you “618” folks…and you know who you are ) , there was great swag for all.

Thank you Sapience (and your co-host/team), for putting this together.
    Galrin on Landroval
    ~Lore-Master

Quote Originally Posted by webrender View Post
    Just got back from a very enjoyable evening at the PAX Prime LOTRO event and I just wanted to say thanks. It was a fun time with good food and great company. And even though I did win any of the raffles (that was left to you “618” folks…and you know who you are ) , there was great swag for all.

Thank you Sapience (and your co-host/team), for putting this together.
    Agreed! Thank you for putting the event on!

And speaking as one of those "618" folks who won no raffles, seemed to me that there were puh-lenty of 388 and 389 numbers being called.
    Claribel~Abelwise~Amanaros~Cyl eth~Ellinia~Findalia~Hamlova~I orana Yelsalot~Lunella~Saeltha~Adama rit~Barannar~Brankle~Freogar~G will~Halenborn~Pentirith~Tafr~ Thanderic~Elladon Yelsalot~Caronas~Dryla~Hamor

I had a great time at the party as well, I thank Turbine for that. I also was not one of the "618" but I did win a great time with my Kin mates that attended, and a couple of free Beers! Cheers Turbine! And It was cool to meet Sapience!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a00000025b84f/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Awesome PAX PRIME 2012

I am an Original Founder that was able to purchase the Lifetime Memberships when LOTRO first came out. I bought one for my son, as well. We thoroughly enjoy the game and friends we have forged. My daughter was a little young, and I thought she might just be going through a phase when she played, and, thus, I did not get her a Lifetime Membership. Well, that wasn't a good idea. She still loves the game after all these years.
    So, I went to the Turbine party at Gameworks (Over 21) without the kids, in hopes of winning her a Lifetime Membership. The event was awesome. Great swag, food, beers and time well spent with LOTRO, DDO, and the one token Ascheron's Call guy (he was great) friends. The time came for the prizes....all my tickets were in the Lifetime Membership container....the various gifts were nice, but all I could think about was the smile on my daughter's face, should I win. The numbers came...close, then again, way off...then again, oooh, here it comes and the last number is ..... damn! It was not meant to be. Still enjoyed the evening...to be continued...
    The next day, I met up with Sapience at the WB/Turbine area (of course wearing my Rohan swag shirt from the night before) and told him of the awesome time the night before and my failed quest for my daughter. Then he pulled out a large bag and asked me what was my favorite character class. Well, I have one of each character on Firefoot, I told him. He asked, which was my favorite. It was tough, they all play so well. I finally relented and told him a hunter. He then told me that the bag contained a bunch of butttons. I was to reach in the bag and pull out a button. If I pulled another class badge that was on a button, he would give me 500 turbine points (ooh, score); if I pulled the chosen class badge button, he would bless me with a 1000 turbine points (ooh, scorier); however, he had also blessed the bag with a button that could get me 5000 turbine points, maybe a 10000 turbine point button, but also a 25000 turbine point button (ooh, scoriest). Before I reached in to assess my fate of luck, he professed he had also put a button in the bag that was the "One True Ring." A Lifetime Membership..... (ooh, gulp, sweat, uncontrolled twitching).
    I reached in, prayed..., swished around the sea of buttons (maybe 50 or more). Prayed again, swished them around some more. They all feel the same...the suspense is killing me. Okay, this is the one....here it comes....I pulled it out, knowing statisically it was a class button. I stared at the button....I don't recognize this class....what is it? I actually paused not realizing what I was looking at....it was the "One True Ring."
    This story actually ended with a little girl (she's 17 now) with one of the biggest smiles I've seen on a child.

Thank you LOTRO for a, yet another, adventurous fulfilled time with an awesome reward at the end of the "not so easy a task" epic quest.

Kanthros
    Last edited by abcox; Sep 03 2012 at 02:57 PM.

I also had a great time! Thanks everyone for a really fun party, and I hope to be there for may years to come!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000049a40c/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by abcox View Post
    I am an Original Founder that was able to purchase the Lifetime Memberships when LOTRO first came out. I bought one for my son, as well. We thoroughly enjoy the game and friends we have forged. My daughter was a little young, and I thought she might just be going through a phase when she played, and, thus, I did not get her a Lifetime Membership. Well, that wasn't a good idea. She still loves the game after all these years.
    So, I went to the Turbine party at Gameworks (Over 21) without the kids, in hopes of winning her a Lifetime Membership. The event was awesome. Great swag, food, beers and time well spent with LOTRO, DDO, and the one token Ascheron's Call guy (he was great) friends. The time came for the prizes....all my tickets were in the Lifetime Membership container....the various gifts were nice, but all I could think about was the smile on my daughter's face, should I win. The numbers came...close, then again, way off...then again, oooh, here it comes and the last number is ..... damn! It was not meant to be. Still enjoyed the evening...to be continued...
    The next day, I met up with Sapience at the WB/Turbine area (of course wearing my Rohan swag shirt from the night before) and told him of the awesome time the night before and my failed quest for my daughter. Then he pulled out a large bag and asked me what was my favorite character class. Well, I have one of each character on Firefoot, I told him. He asked, which was my favorite. It was tough, they all play so well. I finally relented and told him a hunter. He then told me that the bag contained a bunch of butttons. I was to reach in the bag and pull out a button. If I pulled another class badge that was on a button, he would give me 500 turbine points (ooh, score); if I pulled the chosen class badge button, he would bless me with a 1000 turbine points (ooh, scorier); however, he had also blessed the bag with a button that could get me 5000 turbine points, maybe a 10000 turbine point button, but also a 25000 turbine point button (ooh, scoriest). Before I reached in to assess my fate of luck, he professed he had also put a button in the bag that was the "One True Ring." A Lifetime Membership..... (ooh, gulp, sweat, uncontrolled twitching).
    I reached in, prayed..., swished around the sea of buttons (maybe 50 or more). Prayed again, swished them around some more. They all feel the same...the suspense is killing me. Okay, this is the one....here it comes....I pulled it out, knowing statisically it was a class button. I stared at the button....I don't recognize this class....what is it? I actually paused not realizing what I was looking at....it was the "One True Ring."
    This story actually ended with a little girl (she's 17 now) with one of the biggest smiles I've seen on a child.

Thank you LOTRO for a, yet another, adventurous fulfilled time with an awesome reward at the end of the "not so easy a task" epic quest.

Kanthros
    Wow, what a story. I'm glad everything worked out man. Those lifetime memberships sure sound nice.