We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

RoR Craft APIs and Multi-output recipes

I've been toying around with this all day and whilst it's really a fantastic set of APIs to have, I have one small pointer I would like to bring to the devs attention, and that would be the issue of multi-output recipes. Everything else works perfectly, however when a recipe should have more than one possible output, there seems to be no way to distinguish between these outputs.

Perhaps an additional call in the 'Recipe' group called something like GetOutputCount()

Then for GetResultItemInfo() you could simply enter the number of the item you wish to get as an index.

Though this wouldn't help if the ingredients were different (as I believe they are in some recipes e.g. Minstrel multi-output instruments). It would in someway help at least to be able to see what the multi-output results are.

Thank you.

edit1:
    I would also like to request access to all the recipes if possible, not just those known, but with an IsKnown() call in the Recipe group. It would be nice to have access to recipes from other professions, or to view the items that can be made from unknown recipes. At present you can only access the known recipes for your vocation.

edit2:
    For recipes that have a cooldown, could we also please have a call to get the cooldown remaining when a recipe is not ready for use.
    Last edited by Galuhad; Sep 17 2012 at 10:39 AM.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    edit1:
    I would also like to request access to all the recipes if possible, not just those known, but with an IsKnown() call in the Recipe group. It would be nice to have access to recipes from other professions, or to view the items that can be made from unknown recipes. At present you can only access the known recipes for your vocation.
    I don't believe this information is available at runtime in the client at all, and I'm not convinced it should be made available. There are a lot recipes in the game's data that can't be acquired by players, were never fully implemented, or have been deprecated. There's no way in the game data to tag those recipes as such.

Either way, you'd end up writing your own library of recipes just to keep track of which ones are actually implemented.

2nding the request for a recipe Cooldown API call

It'd be nice to be able to select specific recipes across all of my characters and track their cooldown (for example the T5/T6/T7 Larges, and specific Craft Relics).
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    I don't believe this information is available at runtime in the client at all,
    This depends on what you mean by "run-time."

The Game Client has zero knowledge of a character's crafting... it might maintain a list of "known" recipes, but that is not completely clear either. It clearly does NOT know any details about any recipe in the character's inventory.

While crafting, when you click on any given recipe, the detail of that recipe are retrieved from "data central." (Wherever/whatever that is.) Once retrieved in any given session, it is clearly cached. One needs only to watch the time it takes to display the information for say a Westfield Master Pattern when one first logs in -- to how long it takes to display that information on subsequent queries in that session. I don't know if this is specific to those recipes with timers on them or not, as I've not thought about it and checked. But clearly the "time remaining" information, or more accurately the time stamp of when the recipe was last executed is not stored in the client. Are the ingredients stored locally? I doubt it, as many recipes DO CHANGE as a result of "back end" updates. But I have also seen situations where (my jeweller for instance) multiple copies of "the same" recipe exist in the character's inventory representing different points in time. (These happened to be all single-use recipes, they type which can be stacked in one's vault.)
    and I'm not convinced it should be made available. There are a lot recipes in the game's data that can't be acquired by players, were never fully implemented, or have been deprecated. There's no way in the game data to tag those recipes as such.
    This is an interesting point, although, I don't believe entirely accurate. As a Founder/Lifetime Crafter, I have seen many recipes for different items "dropped" from circulation... although their "necessary components" live on in the game. Many of the "named animal parts" found in the "under 40" areas still exist because, at one time, they were used in "rare" recipes. (Many of this type of component were "exchangeable" by brokers, one still stands outside the Esteldin Crafting hall.

There are also recipes which are, in fact, EXTREMELY rare drops... i.e. they are available only from Raid instances. Other recipes are actually frequent drops, but which require rare components. There is one in particular in Forochel that comes to mind immediately. I must have 4 or 5 copies of ?sp?Tormaquada's Cloak... but even at 75 cannot solo the Mob where it drops.

As for "tagging" such recipes -- if they exist in the game's database, they must be tagged "somehow." Otherwise, they "would drop" on some basis. So, either they exist and are already tagged or don't exist anymore.

As an example, if one assumes that "there is only one" Database for LOTRO, then items which are "release controlled" must be in it and flagged somehow. I.e. all of the items (including recipes) for RoR, "exist somewhere." It is not really "good computing practice" to require that the "live-game" servers database needs to be "updated" or "merged" with the database associated with Riders of Rohan during the "short window" of down-time for the update. Such a significant "update" would lay one open to the potential for catastrophic errors if any problem arose during the update. And we know for a fact that the RoR database, not only includes "the new stuff," but it does include all of the "old stuff" as well... i.e. it is already merged.
    Either way, you'd end up writing your own library of recipes just to keep track of which ones are actually implemented.
    But then, that is exactly what Alt-inventory already does. It's not that big a deal.

Now of course, sigh, if we could get Turbine to get "data.lotro.com" working again....
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    For recipes that have a cooldown, could we also please have a call to get the cooldown remaining when a recipe is not ready for use.
    I give a 3rd to this request!

probably the wrong place...

what i used to do is go through the wiki for a list of all "drop" related recipes for each tier that i jot down in notepad.. so i know when i've collected the whole lot (excluding the single use ones) and stop opening scroll cases.

isn't there some way for plugins to let you know if you've completed your basic set? i've started using "recipe tracker" atm, whilst it's useful in that i can search through all alts to see if a recipe is in my collection when someone in the kin asks who wants "this lot of recipes", afaik, i can't tell whether i've collected all non-single use recipes or not, without going back to some note-taking exercise. which was what i was trying to get away from in the 1st place.

i hate opening scroll cases to get a load of duplicates that don't stack. if only there's such a thing as kinship library where all recipe stacks into a single book. (some sort of special furniture item)

Quote Originally Posted by Weld View Post
    isn't there some way for plugins to let you know if you've completed your basic set? i've started using "recipe tracker" atm, whilst it's useful in that i can search through all alts to see if a recipe is in my collection when someone in the kin asks who wants "this lot of recipes", afaik, i can't tell whether i've collected all non-single use recipes or not, without going back to some note-taking exercise. which was what i was trying to get away from in the 1st place.
    This was one of the major benefits of AltInventory 2.x which has not yet been implemented in AltViewer - the ability to see ALL recipes, not just those that the character knows. Unfortunately, gathering that data for all recipes is a significant task since Lua does not expose that information. Additionally, there is no reliable programmatic way to match the known recipes exposed by Lua to the entire list of recipes since there is no "ID" value available and the names not only have duplicates, but in many cases, the name on the actual recipe item does not exactly match the name of the recipe once it is learned. This last part, automatically matching the database of recipes to the list of known recipes exposed via Lua is what is holding up the publication of the Recipes tab for AltViewer. That and a number of RL issues which require my time. However, once this is resolved, you will again be able to view the list of all recipes in the game for each profession.

good to hear that and looking forward to it.