We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Character log in fail

Is anyone else experiencing character log in failures?

I.E. Mine won't go past the loading screen for my main & then loses connection & I have to close the game. Already sent a ticket in but no reply as of yet, wondering if any of you had any ideas.

This happens alot with my Warden. I log out in an unpopulated area and not inside of any structures, like a vault, this seems to fix it 99% of the time. If that doesnt fix it, log in with a low level character...then log in with your main.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by corneilius View Post
    This happens alot with my Warden. I log out in an unpopulated area and not inside of any structures, like a vault, this seems to fix it 99% of the time. If that doesnt fix it, log in with a low level character...then log in with your main.

Good luck.
    I logged my 2 alts yesterday, levels 56 (now 57) and 41, but was still unable to log my main. I can't remember where I logged out exactly, but I know it's in an Auction Hall. Thanks for the advice though, much appreciated.

Cannot get in either

Quote Originally Posted by JayRiot View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing character log in failures?

I.E. Mine won't go past the loading screen for my main & then loses connection & I have to close the game. Already sent a ticket in but no reply as of yet, wondering if any of you had any ideas.
    Same with me for 2 days now. Have no idea what to do, since not all have the problem and I don't know how long it will take for them to look at it, if ever.

It never happened to me, but my gilrfriend have this problem almost every day. Shes just able to log on her main after the second try.
    I guess the only way is send tickets to the Turbine support team.
    Hope you have this problem resolved.
    "[...] I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: [...]"

Happens only with my warden all the time now. It takes multiple attempts to log in and often I have to log a different character first, and then switch to the warden. Also, I keep getting the inventory help tip every time I log my warden in. It's annoying!
    "It is good to have substance to one's existence, but if fate denies one substance, one can yet do a lot with style."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000d7e65/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have had a similar problem on my Captain from level 56, at which I also parked it (because of the annoyance). What I have found out, with the help from Turbine is, that the culprit is my newest Legendary weapon. There seems to be a known problem with some Legendaries that they are working on (most problems seem to be with Warden Legendaries), and the suggestion was to put all the non-bound Legendaries to your bank until the fix is made. Of course that doesn't help with the Legendaries that you are using, as they cannot be put into your vault, and you would be fighting with your bare hands anyway.

Unequipping them to my bag helps in my case, but might not for others, expecially if the bug affects toons that don't even have Legendaries yet.

Just for comparison, the bug I have crashes to desktop when loading the toon, and sometimes takes even 10 tries, sometimes I can log into the toon on the first try. Some others have been avoiding the bug by logging into an alt first, but for me it didn't help at all. Also it's one single toon from 12 total on 2 servers. Not a single crash otherwise in months, and I play quite a few hours every day.

Hope this helps.
    Bravery calls my name, in the sound of the wind in the night. My sword will drink blood, and I will fight, yes I will fight, in the Dawn of Battle!
    - Manowar, Dawn of Battle

This Unresponsive message

Quote Originally Posted by Henshaw135 View Post
    I have had a similar problem on my Captain from level 56, at which I also parked it (because of the annoyance). What I have found out, with the help from Turbine is, that the culprit is my newest Legendary weapon. There seems to be a known problem with some Legendaries that they are working on (most problems seem to be with Warden Legendaries), and the suggestion was to put all the non-bound Legendaries to your bank until the fix is made. Of course that doesn't help with the Legendaries that you are using, as they cannot be put into your vault, and you would be fighting with your bare hands anyway.

Unequipping them to my bag helps in my case, but might not for others, expecially if the bug affects toons that don't even have Legendaries yet.

Just for comparison, the bug I have crashes to desktop when loading the toon, and sometimes takes even 10 tries, sometimes I can log into the toon on the first try. Some others have been avoiding the bug by logging into an alt first, but for me it didn't help at all. Also it's one single toon from 12 total on 2 servers. Not a single crash otherwise in months, and I play quite a few hours every day.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your thoughts, this bug is since the update. I can log in but it goes unresponsive and I am kicked out. Every time and on every character. I actually log in unresponsive. People can see me flitting in and out.

Unresponsive

The trouble with the tickets is, that the Support team spends an awful lot of effort trying to convince one that is their computer with the problem, when it is after an update. The problem is on LOTR end, but so, far it has not affected enough people to make anyone listen yet.

Has anyone noticed the predeliction for this to be Wardens? This has happened on my Warden suddenly but not on other chars. Weird. They tweek the class to be almost infallable and then make it impoaaible to log in.
    Nature is amazing, Nature is in Trouble, Together we can save it....
    If we kill all the Orcs in the world.
    Play nicely and don't call me Mum.