We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

costs are that different ?

First thanks Fredelas and Lunasa great job. Here is my problem Luna could you check the excel sheet and tell how much bowmaster set costs for unlocking all pieces and huntsman respectively. What im doing wrong to find that bowmaster costs half of what is posted and others?

All dailies that give rep should give 1200. Any that give less than that should be /bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by sikecifener View Post
    First thanks Fredelas and Lunasa great job. Here is my problem Luna could you check the excel sheet and tell how much bowmaster set costs for unlocking all pieces and huntsman respectively. What im doing wrong to find that bowmaster costs half of what is posted and others?
    The way Lunasa counts tokens in the spreadsheet is different than how I count tokens in the class armour set summaries.

In my count, I include the 25 tokens to rebuild the Mead Hall (which everyone essentially gets for free the first day, and everyone must do anyway), the 130 tokens needed to actually barter for the six armour items, and the tokens needed to complete the rebuilding quests for those items. If two armour items in a set share a prerequisite quest, I only count the tokens needed to complete that prerequisite once.

I felt this was the most accurate way to compare the time and effort needed to acquire a single set of armour. Some sets require more reputation than others to unlock their rebuilding quests, and some require more tokens than others to complete their prerequisite quests.

I wouldn't get too caught up in the actual number of tokens needed. In most cases, players will have more than enough tokens by the time they're reached the reputation standing needed to complete the quests.

The class armour summaries are intended mostly to answer the following questions for players who only want to efficiently acquire a single set of armour for their main characters and don't want to fully rebuild the town:
    1. What factions should I focus my daily quest efforts on for this set?
    2. Which rebuilding quests should I do to unlock the barter options for this set?

Bravo! If I could add reputation x10 I would.

Much appreciated by my whole kinship.

Fara

Seems massively unfair that some classes require kindred on at least 3 factions and others can get full sets with only ally on all 4 factions. Complete and utter design flaw if this guide is accurate, allowing some people to earn a full set in much less time than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred2011 View Post
    Seems massively unfair that some classes require kindred on at least 3 factions and others can get full sets with only ally on all 4 factions. Complete and utter design flaw if this guide is accurate, allowing some people to earn a full set in much less time than others.
    Yes, it might seem unfair if all a player is trying to do is get a single set of armour as quickly as possible.

For example, it takes at least 25 days to get the rune-keeper's Armour of the Hytbold Cleanser set, whereas it could take as little as 7 days to earn the warden's Armour of the Hytbold Fist set.

However, the larger goal of Hytbold is to rebuild it completely and experience the culmination of East Rohan's story. When this happens, players can also barter for gear for their alts (approximately one set a week), who will never even have to set foot in Hytbold to wear it.

It takes about half an hour a day to do five Aiding the Eastemnet dailies after you get the hang of them. That means it will take about 24 hours total of doing those dailies spread out over about six weeks to rebuild Hytbold completely.

Think about it this way: If you could spend 24 hours total running the Tower of Orthanc raid over six weeks (let's say four hours a week), would it be worth it knowing you could then buy an entire set of armour for yourself or for any of your alts every week after that? I know I've spent way more than 24 hours in that place, and I still only have a single set of armour from it, and have never won a broken clasp or first age symbol, either.

All of a sudden, these leisurely daily activities seem a lot more attractive to me. For players who are uninterested in rebuilding Hytbold, several types of crafted gear and PvMP sets are an alternative now, and there might be another batch of crafted armour and new dungeon and raid sets to look forward to in Update 9.

Quote Originally Posted by sikecifener View Post
    As Fredelas explained, my spreadsheet does not include the initial 25 tokens for the Mead Hall Rebuild and the 130 tokens needed for armour pieces because they are identical for all sets.

I will add the price per piece as an additional column today.

UPD:
    The barter price is now included though I still do not put the 25 tokens for the initial Mead Hall rebuild. While comparing the results I found a few mistakes both in mine and Fred's calculation. I was only cross-checking the sets where our resulting sum was different. Here are a few notes:

Quote Originally Posted by Fredelas View Post
    Armour of the Hytbold Gambler

• Norcrofts Tents: Rebuild (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
      • Norcrofts Tents: Enhancements I (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
      • Norcrofts Tents: Enhancements II (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally) - [Helm of the Hytbold Gambler] (35)
    You don't need to rebuild Enhancements I. So it is -5 tokens.

Armour of the Hytbold Peace-caller
    • The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements IV (10) - Harsterre (Sutcrofts Kindred)
      • The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements VI (10) - Harsterre (Sutcrofts Kindred) - [Leggings of the Hytbold Peace-caller] (15)

• The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements V (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
      • The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements VII (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
      • The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements VIII (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
        completing both of the above unlocks
        • The Mead Hall: Inhabitants V (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally) - [Gloves of the Hytbold Peace-caller] (15)

• Tower of the Norcrofts: Rebuild (5) - Warin (Norcrofts Ally)
      • Tower of the Norcrofts: Enhancements I (10) - Segwine (Norcrofts Kindred)
      • Tower of the Norcrofts: Enhancements II (10) - Segwine (Norcrofts Kindred) - [Helm of the Hytbold Peace-caller] (35)
    There are always 2 Outdoor Enhancements before any Indoor Enhancements. +15 tokens.
    Tower of the Norcrofts: Enhancements I is not needed. -10 tokens.

Armour of the Hytbold Fist

• The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements III (5) - Oseg (Wold Ally)
      • The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements III (5) - Oseg (Wold Ally)
      • The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements IV (5) - Oseg (Wold Ally)
        • The Mead Hall: Inhabitants III (5) - Oseg (Wold Ally) - [Jacket of the Hytbold Fist] (35)
    Same as above. The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements IV (5) is missing. +5 tokens.
    Last edited by Lunasa; Oct 22 2012 at 04:05 AM.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtara - Beorning | Ishtari - Rune Keeper | Ishtarel - Hunter
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Fred2011 View Post
    It would be extremely difficult to make sure that every class has the exact same need what comes to reputation in all cases, especially when you think that there are three armour sets per class. The amount of tokens needed depend which class set you are aiming for: one class set might require more tokens than another set for the same class. Also, you can mix and match, take three pieces from one set and three pieces from another set, which again changes completely the reputation requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    All dailies that give rep should give 1200. Any that give less than that should be /bugged.
    There are a few. Because there were so many, even if we kept track, we just lost rep those days? No chance you'll add rep to say, war bands, because I would think that might be appropriate. 300 apiece. I feel a little cheated out of my time already.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilean-EU View Post
    It would be extremely difficult to make sure that every class has the exact same need what comes to reputation in all cases, especially when you think that there are three armour sets per class. The amount of tokens needed depend which class set you are aiming for: one class set might require more tokens than another set for the same class. Also, you can mix and match, take three pieces from one set and three pieces from another set, which again changes completely the reputation requirements.

That might be so, but when some classes need kindred x3 for ALL of their sets, and other classed have full sets available with not one piece neeeding kindred, its badly done. I look at this and think that the designer should be going back to the drawing board and reworking some of this. It really should not be possilbe for it to be this lopsided and if this was the best they could do, should have had a reputation requirement to barter for some pieces as well as the building requirement. I don't want it easier, but I do believe it should be fair. Looking at the Hunter and RK requirements (glad I'm not one of them) makes me think the Dev has a bias against them, and has taken bribes from the Warden community.

RK has a minimum of 3 x kindred and one of 4 x kindred.
    Warden has 1 x 3 kindred, 1 x 1 kindred, and 1 x no kindred and only 3 ally (other is NO req).

There is no way that such an imbalance in requirements should have been allowed, and I dont play either of these classes, so thats not personal bias speaking, just my sense of an injustice prompting me to speak up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardineck View Post
    There are a few. Because there were so many, even if we kept track, we just lost rep those days? No chance you'll add rep to say, war bands, because I would think that might be appropriate. 300 apiece. I feel a little cheated out of my time already.
    I wonder if this means that it will take more than 44 days minimum to rebuild because of this.

Woohoo.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    I wonder if this means that it will take more than 44 days minimum to rebuild because of this.

Woohoo.
    No.

After completing all quests while levelling, you will have at least 18k reputation towards Ally status with every faction. (it is exactly 18k for Sutcrofts and a bit more for all three other factions.)

So you need 37k reputation to be Kindred.

Each day you can do 4 quests for any faction for a total of 1200*4=4800 rep.

Assuming that you want to increase you reputation with factions one-by-one, it is 7.5 days. Or 30 days for all factions as the most rough estimate. Keep in mind that there are 5 dailies instead of 4, so each day you would slightly increase reputation with some other faction too. this also means that the total number of days you will need to get all 4 kindred standings is 24.5 days. It is still less than the 44 days you need to collect all the tokens.

Even if a few quests are bugged and give less reputation (I did not see any bugged quest in Eaworth or Harwick so far), we still have plenty of time until all tokens are collected
    Last edited by Lunasa; Oct 22 2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Lunasa - Minstrel | Cabernetta - Guardian | Ishtaridas - Lore Master | + many more
    Eldar -> Evernight

jeeez so much grind...

anw tyyy

Tangaar
    Captain] [Acidglow Weaver]
    -->Black Glass Remix skin<---

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    There are always 2 Outdoor Enhancements before any Indoor Enhancements.
    The only time that is true is with the first pair:

The Mead Hall: Rebuild (25) - Edgal (no rep) - [Shoulderpads of the Hytbold Spear]
    • The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements I (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    • The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements II (5) - Edgal (no rep)
      • The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements I (5) - Edgal (no rep)
      • The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements II (5) - Edgal (no rep)
    All the remaining pairs of The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements quests only have a single The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements quest (and The Mead Hall: Rebuild, obviously) as their prerequisite. I'm quite certain of this.

The only time that is true is with the first pair:

All the remaining pairs of The Mead Hall: Interior Enhancements quests only have a single The Mead Hall: Outdoor Enhancements quest (and The Mead Hall: Rebuild, obviously) as their prerequisite. I'm quite certain of this.
    You are right again...

/gone to look for my mistakes

UPD: found. fixed.
    Last edited by Lunasa; Oct 22 2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    You are right again...

/gone to look for my mistakes

UPD: found. fixed.
    Not right again, right for once.

I've found and corrected 14 errors in the guide so far since I initially posted it, mostly thanks to feedback from players in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaar View Post
    jeeez so much grind...
    This is totally NOT a grind. You can have a set of armor in a week or less in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    This is totally NOT a grind. You can have a set of armor in a week or less in some cases.
    The difficulty is that you need to know certain things coming from day 1, and most of us didn't know we'd need to prepare that far ahead.

#1: We need to know that we need to have enhanced rep supply the entire way up. It's the only way to reach kindred in those factions without a rep grind that can only exist of 5 total quests each day. This is in my opinion the biggest single planning failure on Turbine's part. They intend it to keep us interested in the game until December, but we only need to play for 20 minutes a day with the current setup, and we'll get bored with that really, really quickly.
    #2: We need to know exactly what quests are available for rebuilding in Hytbold and plan our building accordingly. This thread has helped tremendously with that.
    #3: We need to know exactly what daily quests are available, and plan those out so that we can hit each only once all the way through, so that we get the bonus tokens quickly. This thread has helped tremendously with that.

Without those three pieces, there's a huge grind. I missed #1, so I'm probably not going to have the armor until ... a month from now.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Well, you can have 6 pieces of L85 armour in a week in some cases, but not so much a "set".

But yeah, it doesn't really feel like a grind to me yet. It takes very little time per day. And for the first time, I may have time to build sets for secondary roles for my characters. All my characters will take between 10-21 days to get the set/sets I want, and in the meantime, I probably built up enough tokens and rep to at least get close to getting the tank set on my champ or a DPS set on my tanks.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

The Lumber Mill: Inhabitants I is actually available from Hereswith

Thumbs up great job

thanks again both of you for all work and making things that clear This should be the hottest thread of forums if it wasnt for bug reports

I apologize if I just missed it somewhere, but I'm having an RP dilemma.

So, to clarify: Only *one* character per account can rebuild Hytbold? And is that the only character who then gets the thane title?

Sorry if I'm asking questions already answered, but thanks for the help.
    Children of Arda, an RP kin for all your needs!
    Member of the Player Council -- please feel free to send PMs or in-game messages.

Quote Originally Posted by akiira_aleeann View Post
    I apologize if I just missed it somewhere, but I'm having an RP dilemma.

So, to clarify: Only *one* character per account can rebuild Hytbold? And is that the only character who then gets the thane title?

Sorry if I'm asking questions already answered, but thanks for the help.
    All of your characters can rebuild Hytbold completely and get the Thane of Hytbold title. (You also get the Thane of the Eastemnet title for the same quest, but I didn't originally include that in the guide as a nice surprise for players.)

There's no requirement for a character to rebuild Hytbold to actually wear the armour though, in case you want to purchase it for an alt after rebuilding Hytbold completely on your main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Reillan View Post
    The Lumber Mill: Inhabitants I is actually available from Hereswith
    It looks like I mixed up the bestowers for the Inhabitants: I and Inhabitants: II quests. I've corrected that in the applicable sections now. Thanks!

I don't have a burglar or a champion to see if those armour barter prerequisites are still correct, though.
    Last edited by Fredelas; Oct 22 2012 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChromiteSwiftpaw View Post
    The reputation gating is the reason of the grind, not the quest gating or token acquisition. The vast majority of the sets require Kindred in 2 or 3 factions and Ally in the others. That alone requires at least 18-23 days of questing.

Of course, you could accelerate your reputation gain from the skirmish camp or the store and manage to get it in a week. But that hardly says anything good about the situation.
    Yalras - Burglar
    Eldar to Evernight

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast