We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Get to examine game data then get *unable to decrpyt and de-serialise the data downlo

I get to examine game data but then get error *unable to decrypt and deserialise game data downloaded from the server*

error code 40001.

anyone else getting this or able to help?

this updating is starting to piss me off
    Hettar - Champion - Snowborn

- ELEMENT ZERO -

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I had it happen once early on today. I restarted the client and everything worked after that point. Compared to my memory of Rise of Isengard's launch day, this one has been much better.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Mine does it too. I've been trying for hours. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hettar_EU View Post
    I get to examine game data but then get error *unable to decrypt and deserialise game data downloaded from the server*

error code 40001.

Still having a problem? Go to your Turbine folder in your Program Files (X86). Open The Lord of the Rings Online. Delete or move client_anim.dat through client_surface.dat. There are about 13 files. Restart the game. It'll update, get new files and start you on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Testis View Post
    Still having a problem? Go to your Turbine folder in your Program Files (X86). Open The Lord of the Rings Online. Delete or move client_anim.dat through client_surface.dat. There are about 13 files. Restart the game. It'll update, get new files and start you on your way.
    Anyone else got experience with this? I guess i whould prefer reinstalling the whole game since these 13 files are like 12+ GB.
    There are two ways of getting what i want, booth involve getting on my knees.

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Hettar_EUI get to examine game data but then get error *unable to decrypt and deserialise game data downloaded from the server*

error code 40001.

ugh same dam problem, but will try to deleteing or moving the files, but hell thank got my IP reset this week, or his would cut way into it willl report back on how i went i was going to incude a small image , but hetter , explains quitte clearly
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][I][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Dont knock on Death's door, Hit the door bell and run, he hates that
    ;):p;)[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Celurian View Post
    Anyone else got experience with this? I guess i whould prefer reinstalling the whole game since these 13 files are like 12+ GB.
    Mine is updating. It's better than waiting & waiting & waiting & waiting................

Red face

yay that seems to have worked removing those files, game launchers now 37 % on Update game data, and still moving , so guys try it has worked it seems =D
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][I][B][COLOR=#FF0000]Dont knock on Death's door, Hit the door bell and run, he hates that
    ;):p;)[/COLOR][/B][/I][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Oh. My. Gawd!... That worked! How come this simple solution couldn't have been posted in some official manner at some point EARLIER in the day? What's with the hold-up, Turbine?

Yeah, I'm still mad. This is not good customer service. But, go update! Hopefully I can finally get in the game... 12 hours later.

I deleted the files as indicated, moved from examine game data to update game data, but I get stuck at 515/9245 client_cell2.dat-11089. Happens each time I shut down and restart the launcher. Solutions for this problem?

nothing is working for me I have tried everything...

I never got stuck on game date, I get to the very last process on my launcher and get "an error occured, can not save file data" then my launcher complete freezes..I've shut down launcher, made sure the program was closed in my task manager, restarted computer.loaded launcher...TEN FREAKING TIMES now and NOTHING is working.

good job turbine
    -Retired- 5/19/2013

This got me to updating game data, thanks!

Getting stuck at the same spot as well, 515/9245 unfortunately. The fix works... to a point.

Running windows 7 64 bit 4G ram dx9 settings

Worked nicely on the two of ours that weren't updating yet. Thanks!
    Beretel - Champ; Eleazer - LM; Shammoo - Hunter

@Ostev: i've had the same problem as you for about 12 hours mate, tried everything..

then decided to completely un-install Lotro from my computer and re-install the client..

it now doesn't say 'cannot save file data' but it is what appears to be permanently stuck on 'Examine game data'

hopefully a blue name can reply to this and give some feedback on how to resolve this!

-- First rank 12 warden on server -- [EN] ELdar (gone but we remain)

I got stuck on english.dat. Originally I copied the files to a folder on my desktop. So I copied & pasted that file and it worked. Try that with the file you're stuck on.

I noticed that after I updated, there were only 3 files instead of 13.

cell_2
    local_English
    map_2
    Last edited by Testis; Oct 16 2012 at 01:09 AM.

+rep

This works. Leads me to believe that a lot of the Examine Game Data problems, including mine, are due to some sort of client-side infinite loop where, perhaps, something like the launcher tries to read a locked file.

Makes me wonder why they don't build a timeout into the program so that if a file isn't responding (on the client, not the server) by X seconds it deals with the issue (either by writing an error log or coming back to the file, for example).
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Creepkilla View Post
    hopefully a blue name can reply to this and give some feedback on how to resolve this!
    Sorry I don't have a blue name. But it's working for me. Try it. It may work for you.

I should know better than to take a vacation day on 1st day of launch. 12 hours later and I still can't login. Mad, angered, dejected, frustrated, unhappy. This is uncalled for.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520300000006e720/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][size=1]
    Zoro - 75 MIN, RK +65 GRD, LM, CPT ++[/size]

wow moving the files seems to have worked. Updating now so fingers crossed no more problems.

moving the files started an update which froze shortly after starting. After restarting the client I am back to being stuck on examine game data. Went back into the folder and moved the new files and the update has started again so will see if it freezes at the same point, or a different one. So frustrating

23. Oct 16 2012, 01:57 AM

Game finished updating. After trying to log in I got the 201 error. Moving the files doesn't work for me then. I tried moving back the files that didnt update during that process but still nothing. Back to being stuck at examine game data

Angry similar issue

im having a similar issue in the examining game data stage, it just stops going after i fully installed it, and its not being blocked so i dont understand whats wrong, im on a 64 bit windows pc very upset there are major update issues even after a long debuff waiting period extended on our wait

sorted at last

THIS WORKED FOR ME

Was hoping to play today but there you go...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast