We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wood nodes

Wood nodes

Has anyone pulled a Tarnished Crest of Rohan from a wood node?
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Yes i have pulled one from a heavy oak branch. But just one so far.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c536b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Yes..
    A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won

Sigh. Then I guess I'm just having really REALLY bad luck...
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

220 and no Crest for me. I did get one out of about 180 Ore though
    Reconadan 90 Hunter/R7 ::: Reconamir 75 Captain/R4 ::: Reconien 75 Champion/R6
    Reconi 75 LoreMaster/R7 ::: Elavyan 75 Minstrel/R4 :::Reconorin 75 Guardian
    Westfold/Kindred::: Tinker/Armourer/Historian/Explorer/Woodsman

Pulled one today from a heavy oak node. The only tarnished crest I've gotten so far.

Yes, one.

A grand total of 3.

If it's like RoI, people are harvesting nodes and taking the crest and leaving the wood/ore behind.
    Jewahe

yes 2 so far

my hunter has pulled two so far. one per day of play in rohan. The drop rate is a little low but they are there

cdq1958 is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    Speaking of this, crop nodes drop area appropriate shards now. I will try to remember to see if they drop tarnished crests when I get to Rohan.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Quote Originally Posted by cdq1958 View Post
    Speaking of this, crop nodes drop area appropriate shards now. I will try to remember to see if they drop tarnished crests when I get to Rohan.
    They do. I got one that way on Tuesday.

--W. H. Heydt

Old Used Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_J View Post
    220 and no Crest for me. I did get one out of about 180 Ore though
    I've capped not only Master of the Guild but Woodworking skill on my Woodworker. In addition I've gathered enough wood to make a full stack each of Reinforced Oak, Solid Oak and Thin Oak. That's 1400 logs of Oak Wood. Not a single crest.

Like I said...really REALLY bad luck.

After 3 days of hitting nodes as I am passing them but Not farming, I have 6 so far from wood and ore nodes.

Yes really bad RNG OP. I've got 4 crests so far 3 from wood 1 from metal and a couple of those weren't heavy nodes.
    Must remember to engage brain before using keyboard

I got two from a couple of regular nodes lying right next to each other last night, but none from any of the other oak branches I harvested since Monday (about three stacks of branches total). It's just random .

Mmm...

So far I had experienced a pretty even distribution of drops from both the heavy and normal nodes, and I get the drop just as often from either ore or wood.

Its that pesky "rng" thing

Sue

Exclamation

Well it could be the RNG thing, or it could be just low calculations for the wood. The first character I ran through was a Woodsman. Over 1400 logs and 0 drops. Second character I'm working on is an Explorer. 2 drops from ore and 0 from wood - and am at about 250 pieces of each so far.

I've questioned people in my kin (which is a decent sized kin - enough to raid 3 times a week). Most Prospectors have found at least 1 if not more from ore nodes. Out of all the Foresters (including Explorers) who have ventured into RoR so far, only one has gotten 1 relic.

While I am a programmer, I'm not a programmer for Turbine - so I don't know for sure. I can tell you this though, if it were my call, I'd at least take a look at the code and/or results and see what numbers are generating.

I looted 3 in the first 100 logs I farmed yesterday, all from regular oak nodes. Farmed an additional 300 logs since then and nothing
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000257646/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

So has it been long enough since release to get a developer to look at the code?

I still have yet to pull a single crest from a wood node on my Woodworker or Explorer either one, but I've pulled one on my L78 Historian who I just took into Rohan, and many on both my Tinker and my Explorer from ore nodes.

I know there are people who have pulled crests from wood - but in comparison (not just my own numbers, but other players as well) the numbers seem FAR far lower.

PLEASE look into this.

My Woodsman Hunter pulled a good three or four crests from wood during the course of questing - he beat my Propsector out by a fair amount.
    Crickhollow Server:
    Evenhald: L86 Minstrel Armaius: L76 Loremaster. Gaheriad: L96 Hunter Malhion: L74 Captain

I've leveled 7 toons to 85 of varying crafts (and 2 to 80). Though I have pulled crests from wood nodes, they seem to be less likely to appear then from ore nodes.

Frisco is offline Hero Of the Small Folk 2013
    I have my wood tracker on for my most recent explorer, since I have way too much ore already, and even so, I have 6 crests from ore by L79, just harvesting what I see with my naked eye, and 0 crests from harvesting every wood node that has appeared on my tracker.
    Work like no one is watching, dance like you don't need the money...

I have three LV85 characters, all who can gather ore and one who can gather both. I've gathered about a total of 15 crests since I started in Rohan. It doesn't seem to matter (just based on personal observation) if it is a rich/heavy node or not. I've had about equal success from both types. Considering I have three times as many characters gathering ore and about an equal number of crests from each type, my personal experience has been more nodes from wood than ore.

Just reading the posts in this thread is looks to me that the distribution is quite varied and it's hard to see any specific pattern.

Haven't seen one yet, i think wood has a fairly low chance since it is more common in the world.
    The end of an age has come and the wheel of time turns on. We will meet again when the wheel allows it.

Now, I'm not really keeping track, but it feels like my Explorer gets just as many from wood as from ore. Overall, the drop rate it a lot lower than it was for sigils in RoI. In Roi, I could easily count on getting 1 sigil/100 ore or wood. In Rohan it's so far been more like 1/300...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast