We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

On riddles, lost dwarves and... other things

As you all know we're slowly heading for christmas. As such there seems to have been a high amount of dwarves going missing as well as new riddles being found from time to time and there's also that... other thing. Needless to say I seem to be stuck in the middle of it once again.
    Anyway, there will be picks from the vault as well as a secondary prize pool that will grow larger as we approach christmas... what's in the pool? Well, THAT is a secret, but rest assured that some of the items are hard to come by.

Now, you might wonder when and where all of these things take place. Starting from 1.12 it's on. I'll try to do at least one event/week, usually on sunday, but hopefully more. As I said, there will be riddles, missing dwarves (and hobbits disguised as dwarves) and then there's also the other thing.

Oh, I almost forgot, the person who wins the most events until december 24th will also get a bonus price.

Hope you enjoy

FINAL STANDINGS

1. Galmarrar - 19 pts
    2. Otharo - 16 pts
    3. Xibalba - 8 pts

Fear not however, this weekend (22-23 december) there will be plenty of events going on as well as the grand finale on 24th.

On top of that there will also be mystery box auctions on sunday afternoon/evening. Starting bid will ALWAYS be below the value of the item and the auctions will be held live. Who knows, perhaps you're able to pick up a symbol for a couple of gold?

PS. If you want to contribute to the prize pool send me an ingame mail and we'll sort it out
    Last edited by Fralin; Dec 28 2012 at 06:49 AM.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nice initiative Fralin, I'll notify my kinmates of your intentions. Good luck on making this a success.

cheers
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#008000]If it moves, kill it - Then look for more things to kill[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Trixie is Great and Powerful

So, lets kick things off. The forum task will be to write a poem containing the following words:

Bugger
    Goblin
    Bisquit
    Headless

the points will be given 5/3/1 to the three best poems (rest of events will give 3/2/1). Good luck.

POEM EVENT OPEN UNTIL DEC 20th

Next in-game event tomorrow sunday afternoon-ish

PS. You can write it any form you want wether that be Haiku, Limerick, Hexameter, Heraldic or something else
    Last edited by Fralin; Dec 02 2012 at 08:20 AM.

So lets start!!

Bisquits, Crunchy.
    Tea, divine.
    And clear, blue sky!

Hobbit lasses dancing 'round,
    thinking they are safe
    and sound.

A vile goblin is wandering about!
    Smelling vividly flesh,
    sweet,
    fresh.

The little bugger closing by,
    seeing the dance,
    grasping the chance.

Draws an arrow
    filthy,
    covered with slime.

aims well.

pulls the string.

lifeless,
    headless,
    on the ground falls.

Not a hobbit,
    but the goblin.

for the northern men,
    the glorious folk.
    Watch the shire,
    and its woods.

Let no harm be done on them.
    For little in size they are,
    but great in future they will be.

Hope you like it

I finally found the courage to throw my little something on the web.
    Hope it not too bad

There once was a goblin who stole bisquits,
    But let this be a lesson for bandits
    Never start bragging about your success
    Cause now the poor bugger is headless
    Conclusion: never steal food from hobbits!

Results of the poem challenge:

1. Gal
    2. Otharo

So the event is ifnnished and all prizes delivered. Thanksk to all who participated and a big thanks to those who donated items/prizes for the pool.