We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Issue caused by 'VarName = class(Parameter);'

Never mind! I'm new to this, so I was just properly updated by some folks on E that there are dependencies.

For those of you wanting to start: Make sure you have the Class.lua and Type.lua files in your project and the __init__.lua updated with those imports listed first and second respectively.

I have since got the plugin working!
    -------------
    Hello Everyone!

I've undertaken the task of attempting to develop a plugin. I have an older plugin I wanted to use as a base. However, I'm having issues loading the plugin in-game. The following is the error that is given to me:

...gs Online\Plugins\FalstarPlugins\ Pips\PipsWindow.lua:6: attempt to call global 'class' (a nil value)
    ...ings Online\Plugins\FalstarPlugins\ Pips\__init__.lua:1: Failed to import package "FalstarPlugins.Pips.PipsWindo w".
    ...he Rings Online\Plugins\FalstarPlugins\ Pips\Main.lua:3: Failed to import package "FalstarPlugins.Pips".
    Unable to load "Pips"

Now, the plugin is an older plugin that I downloaded from the following site: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ervorPips.html

and the exact line of code it seems to have an issue with is this:

PipsWindow = class(Turbine.UI.Window);

I've been following an online guide which shows you how to create a basic "Hello World" plugin, and I got that to work. However, the guide then goes into using functions. That's when I receive an error similar to the one posted above, referencing a line similar to the one above, also.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by rabidjawa; Dec 08 2012 at 06:14 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000548d8/01007/signature.png]Vinthras[/charsig]