We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

why does it feel like this server is dead

glff is so quiet, i hardly ever see people forming groups anymore, is it just that the server doesnt want to do things anymore or are all the people that like to run things not playing anymore.

please give me a perspective on this that i cant see for myself...
    ...am i just lost in time when this server was more active
    Captain-General Corrakkas, Hero of Legend

Know the feel bro.

Yes

its not just one, all the servers i have checked seem to be less active after RoR.
    I hope after the Holidays it will pick back up.

I hope you have either money or not much characters.
    There are still _very active_ servers. So you can transfer.

psst. no need to comment that it will not help anyone if.. yes it will, Im sorry but it helps the ones who wants to have action now, and not keep hoping for years that their server miraculously gets populated again.

Mmmmaybe just because of _lots of_ transfers, They do not merge any servers..

p.s. I do not play in Meneldor or never have been. To figure out best server for you, depends if you wish to see most people on at the time when ppl in USA are playing or ppl in Europe or..
    Last edited by Tenuke; Dec 10 2012 at 10:14 AM.

I see many people running around at times. Seems that they are either busy and focused in their own play style (quests, farming, etc) or with their personal circle of groupings (kinship, friends, etc.). It does seem at times a tad "ghost" like in feel when you do not hear much from the community you desire to be part of.
    "Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic."

Doesn't feel dead to me, although it certainly doesn't seem as busy as during the last expansion. Mostly sticking to the Moors (creepside) rather than repeating the same old dailies and skirms.

tbf november/early december is a big time for gamers lots of new games drop for christmas, personally ive stoped playing lotro as much as i was gets rather boring quiet quickly doing the same thing day in day out when ur falling asleep in the moors due to how boring and slow passed it is kinda tells you its a sign to take a break. ill pop on every now and then mainly when certain people message me on facebook or skype to come do some skrims or help them with things but other than that im playing other games getting back to my roots of call of duty and other fps games i really enjoy playing eather on pc or concole depending on what my friends are playing on at the time
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000025e6a2/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

8. Dec 14 2012, 04:58 PM

Jumping back into LOTRO and I keep seeing posts about servers being dead. Should I be moving to Brandywine? or stay on here? Don't really want to play on a server that won't have enough for Raids/PvMP
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000005222d3/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]

It's what happens when there's no instance cluster and end game is killing Bugud and doing Hytbold dalies. I noted 200+ in gff today which seemed alright.

There seems to be plenty of advertised pug skraids so I not sure what content you're expecting people to be running that arent...Foundry? OD....Draigoch? lol

P.S Brandywine doesnt have an instance cluster either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehdren View Post
    It's what happens when there's no instance cluster and end game is killing Bugud and doing Hytbold dalies. I noted 200+ in gff today which seemed alright.

There seems to be plenty of advertised pug skraids so I not sure what content you're expecting people to be running that arent...Foundry? OD....Draigoch? lol

P.S Brandywine doesnt have an instance cluster either.
    yep me and shadow have been pugging skrims oh well ealst on monday there will be some new things for people to try and i can help people get used to and i can go back over to my warden in moria and take advantage of the revamp and the exstra 70+ quests added to moria. cant wait to see how meny groups fail the new 3mans due to silly mistakes or not potting fast enough
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0220400000025e6a2/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

It's extremely dead for me. I've played for 9 nights straight and only saw a few people. I'm only level 68 but maybe it's the hours I play, and those hours will never change. There's no really friendly kins or people I can find either. I tried joining various ones almost a year from this post, before I gave up and quit, and just now came back for some dumb reason. It just feels like no one really cares to help, interactions aren't honest, everything is an inconvenience and I just can't throw myself into a big kin and befriend strangers online so quickly. It takes time for me to get that feeling and connection with others, where both parties look forward to the other coming online. That to me is important, and it feels overlooked and undervalued in games I've played, these past few years. I guess I just can't be forced into faking resonance - those phoney friendships that is. It's depressing too when you join some kin and give it a try and always feel like an outsider, and never really fit-in, even after a good few months have gone by. People place your value so low... it's nothing like the older mmos I played. Plus, I rather just find a little/small, actually tiny group and play with them and get things done. I'm not good in social situations but I love this franchise. I won't transfer since I noticed my names were taken on other servers.
    Last edited by Jessicka; Dec 18 2012 at 06:45 AM.