We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Vol 1 Book 4 Chapter 8 Help

I'm running through this as a lvl 40 guard solo. The problem I'm having on the final fight with Taushakh is not maintaining agro to keep legolas from dying it's that he can not burn Taushakh down before healing and my interupt has too long of a cool down to stop the heal everytime. I fought him for 30 mins before finaly letting him just kill Legolas to get out of the instance because obviously i'm missing something in the mechanics of this fight. Any one have any Ideas I dd notice he had a stack of buffs on him called thick bark I think but no clue figuring out how to prevent them or get rid of them and nothing i seen online offered anything more than a verbatim regurgitation of the dialog from the npcs and the game quest log. I know it is supose to be a group quest but it also has the option to solo so shouldn't I at lvl 40 be able to do it in solo mode ?

Don't get knocked so far back that the mob resets. See http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ques...Unmarked_Trail for walkthrough.

That was a rough instance, I remember it clearly. What I think saved me was staying towards the back wall, and not towards the entrance. If he kicks you out, of course you restart. Also, the more you stay back, so does Legolas.
    R7 Champion- Vladimar| R6 Blackarrow- Truebow
    "He who lives by the sword, dies by the sword."

Use vexing blow, challenge, and whatever other aggro skills you have at level 40 (I don't remember lol) as much as you can. Using stamp should also interrupt his heals.

This guy is hard. I'm having the same problem. He heals constantly, no matter how much I interrupt him. He is NOT resetting like people are saying. He had 6 of those stupid buffs and he never reset once.

Constantly posting those links to the wiki is NOT helping. I had to let Legloas die as well because the instance is bugged. Devs need to take a look at this guy because he shouldn't be able to chain heal himself like this. Now I have to do this thing over again only to probably find him bug again...

It was one of my favorite quests turned into now the worst after getting to that boss. :-/

EDIT: After getting to him again, and spending probably another 10-15 minutes getting nowhere... he started suddenly being able to be harmed more. Eventually I had him shoved inside the trees and he was taking more damage than usual. He finally died. I have no idea how or what but really right now it seems like luck with his healing every 15-30 seconds for 5k. Also, his power NEVER goes down. I feel like he is bugged in some manner, especially considering his constant healing and spawning of roots cause him to use NO power.

I still have no tips for this guy. :-/
    Last edited by Isdring; Jan 12 2013 at 10:10 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000167482/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Was able to finish this quest on lvl 45, had to out dps him, i guess you need just to be a bit stronger to finish this one
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

I'm Hunter level 43 and I have the same problem on Taushakh, interruptions are impossible, he dies legolas stack and heal constantly. This boss is bugged it would be nice to have a fix to allow to continue the quest for community!

I agree something is wrong here. I tried to do this with my lvl 42 warden and breezed through everything till the final boss. He heals himself constantly, and The Boot (which is supposed to interrupt inductions) only works less than half the time. So it was impossible to kill him, I kept going for about 20 minutes and then just let him kill Legolas. I have no idea why my skill is not interrupting his healing, it should stop inductions and always has before.
    As soon as they idiot proof something, the others send in some slack-jawed, drooling stooge to gum up the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Malidan View Post
    This guy is hard. I'm having the same problem. He heals constantly, no matter how much I interrupt him. He is NOT resetting like people are saying. He had 6 of those stupid buffs and he never reset once.

Constantly posting those links to the wiki is NOT helping. I had to let Legloas die as well because the instance is bugged. Devs need to take a look at this guy because he shouldn't be able to chain heal himself like this. Now I have to do this thing over again only to probably find him bug again...

It was one of my favorite quests turned into now the worst after getting to that boss. :-/

EDIT: After getting to him again, and spending probably another 10-15 minutes getting nowhere... he started suddenly being able to be harmed more. Eventually I had him shoved inside the trees and he was taking more damage than usual. He finally died. I have no idea how or what but really right now it seems like luck with his healing every 15-30 seconds for 5k. Also, his power NEVER goes down. I feel like he is bugged in some manner, especially considering his constant healing and spawning of roots cause him to use NO power.

I still have no tips for this guy. :-/
    What trees was that and how did you "shove" him inside the trees?
    He's certainly bugged. My theory is that he stacks his bark 5 times instead of just 1 and that he blocks interrupts too. He was probably there to teach newbies to interrupt stuff, but his blocking buff makes it impossible for my hunter 43.

you just need to do it with a champ as there interrupting skill almost always hits and you need at least lv42 in my opinion unless you have a healer with you
    [URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/wsiga.php/5673240tDHua.png[/IMG][/URL]

If you cant solo it due to lack of DSP get help, all you need is one other player, it did used to be a full fellowship quest. But it was made soloable, but some classes will struggle with low damage.

So LFF or what ever your GLFF channel is and ask for help, you will probably find another level 40ish player trying and failing to do it solo, you both doing it makes it a lot easier.