We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Dwarf in a Dress!

Hey,
    As you probably know, there's a mirror in Bree now. I was modelling. I am unashamed.

(The picture looks better bigger)

The hat has changed since. I'll add it to the thread when I get a better picture.

Stephenfry, Grand Adventurer / Sexy Dwarf
    Stephenfry - LVL 85 Hunter; Bobbyo - LVL 47 Guardian; Hildifast - LVL 17 Warden; Felafel - LVL 11 Minstrel;
    [url]http://is.gd/ZZATQw[/url] feedback appreciated :D

Very pretty.
    "'Nonetheless they will have need of wood', said Aulë and he went on with his smith-work."

I had no idea there was a mirror...damn I really new to full explore this revamped Bree. A mirror....that really intrigues me for some reason. To Bree!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000015c02d/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

You work it girl....errr guy.....errr...Dwarf!

I… can't see my characters reflections in the mirror. Oh no! I guess that means they are all…. vampires!

Seriously, though, how do you get the reflections to show up? Is it a DX11 thing? I've been playing with ultra low res since Rohan came out, but I'll bump it up to medium or turn on post processing to see if that makes the mirrors work. I thought they were just "pretend" mirrors all this time...

Quote Originally Posted by gilgalad24 View Post
    I had no idea there was a mirror...damn I really new to full explore this revamped Bree. A mirror....that really intrigues me for some reason. To Bree!
    Mirrors! It's by the weapons and armor vendor, and its a very nice touch

Quote Originally Posted by Mercius View Post
    You work it girl....errr guy.....errr...Dwarf!
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Athelthryth View Post
    I… can't see my characters reflections in the mirror. Oh no! I guess that means they are all…. vampires!

Seriously, though, how do you get the reflections to show up? Is it a DX11 thing? I've been playing with ultra low res since Rohan came out, but I'll bump it up to medium or turn on post processing to see if that makes the mirrors work. I thought they were just "pretend" mirrors all this time...
    Haha Sorry, I'm not sure. I've got DX11, but I don't know if that will affect it. They are real reflections, good luck with trying to cure yourself of vampirism!
    Stephenfry - LVL 85 Hunter; Bobbyo - LVL 47 Guardian; Hildifast - LVL 17 Warden; Felafel - LVL 11 Minstrel;
    [url]http://is.gd/ZZATQw[/url] feedback appreciated :D

You look fabulous

But it seems I'm a vampire too, went to search this mirror after seeing this topic, almost pressed myself into it...and nothing, absolutely nothing.

I noticed recently that when I put a dress on my male elf, it shows up as a sort of generic robe. No matter what the dress. But when I put it on my dwarf it looks like A DRESS. Does this mean that Finnur is... well, I've heard you can't actually tell the sexes apart.
    Landroval: Ardgytha/Cap - Burnet/Guard - Fernwithy/Burg - Maethanir/Hunt
    Elendilmir: Mithildir/Guard - Finnur/Champ - Sweetbriar/Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Kamariin View Post
    You look fabulous

But it seems I'm a vampire too, went to search this mirror after seeing this topic, almost pressed myself into it...and nothing, absolutely nothing.
    If your settings are too low, you won't see anything. I usually play on medium setting, at that setting the mirror is gray and fuzzy. I have to change my settings to ultra high to see my reflection.
    Silverlode refugee

Brilliant!

Although a consider myself a very lore-friendly player it's always funny seeing a dwarf in a dress (especially pink -- there's at least one player on my server who regularly wears one).

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbis View Post
    Brilliant!

Although a consider myself a very lore-friendly player it's always funny seeing a dwarf in a dress (especially pink -- there's at least one player on my server who regularly wears one).
    My Runekeeper is part of a family tree. Her brother has adopted a Hobbit and Dwarf as kids. The Dwarf comes with a white dress and flowers in his (her?) hair. The player behind the Dwarf is a female, and plays the Dwarf as a female.

Dwarves are pretty odd it seems

P.S.
    Mirror works just fine here on both my PC and laptop. But run DX 11.

Mae Govannen :)

Smile

Once upon a time, I could get these mirrors to work. (I have DX9 only. So I know DX11 is not required for them.)
    But I can't remember the exact settings you need to have turned on. I have a lot disabled nowadays for performance.

IF my memory serves me.
    Make sure you have turned on: Post processing Effects, enable reflective surfaces, high quality lighting on.
    Restart client, because as of the launch of Rohan, none of these settings will trigger until you restart.
    Check mirror for reflection.

edit: went onto a fast loading lowbie of mine to check.
    Graphics are at Low atm, and I was able to get them to work by turning on Post processing Effects and Putting Reflective Surfaces settings on high, very high, or ultra high. And the restart may have not been needed for those 2 settings. Just my graphic quality/sound settings. so nvm those.
    Last edited by Griffy; Apr 05 2013 at 12:20 AM.
    !<3?!Wargs Rule!!?<3! But only because we have no playable feline races.
    ???s6u!?? 3?!?o?@? ?w ?o m3? @ 3?@ 3s3??
    *s6u!s* ¡?w ?o ?s3!6?@M pu@ 's3ss3??s!w-3?ol 's3s?l3?

Founder & Altoholic: playing wargies and loremistresses since 2006 SoA beta.*Jingle Jangle!*
    A "lifetime" of play on: Elendilmir (RIP), Crick, Landy, & more.

I have a dwarf in a dress She is a female - It's the beards!!!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000010800c/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]