We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Patch 9.1 Very disappointing

Well, what can I say, really really disappointed with this update.

No mention of lag on ALL the servers, no mention of waiting weeks for 1 daily quest. No mention of reduced awareness flagging up a lot.

All we get is a huge nerf to BG, symbols will go up through the roof again as they will become very very rare again.

Iorbar's peak which could be tricky on t2 without a holy trinity group made harder for no other reason than they can.

Absolutely none of the adjustments to any of the instances was in any way neccessary from a gameplay point of view.

And STILL after, what, three updates? no mention of the game and skill lag people are experiencing.

I was Bhorn, bhorn to be wild... dum-de-dum-de-dum.

As far as the lag goes, at this point I'm fairly convinced that they simply don't know how to fix it(and no, cries of "buy new servers!" from armchair developers do not help). Wouldn't bet on it ever getting better.

Can't speak for the instance changes as I am not a heavy grouper. I'm given to understand the BG changes were needed though.

For myself, it seems like a pretty decent update. Some fixes and neat new feature that most importantly doesn't cost TP to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorn_EU View Post
    Iorbar's peak which could be tricky on t2 without a holy trinity group made harder for no other reason than they can.
    If you thought IP was tricky at all, you're doing something horribly wrong. We've downed it with a cappy tank, cappy healer, and a random DPSer. I think that's about as far from the "Holy Trinity group" as you can get.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

calm down. you miss read and missed a lot.

more relics and IXP, more chance of teal loot from challange mode.

the so easy could go with 3 rk's instance got buffed (good cos it was a joke)

and you forgot... SLIGHTLY REDUCED!!!! why you blowing it out of proportion

you haven't even played the game and your crazy assumeing the worst xD

I'm pretty disappointed that Brosh's Embroidered Cloak hasn't been added into the game.

To those that don't know, this is the teal version of a cloak that drops in Goblin town. The purple version has +111 Might, +37 Vitality, +380 crit and +380 Phys Mastery, so a teal version would be a very nice cloak. However, it was mistakenly not put in game, and unless they forgot to put it in the notes, then they've forgotten to put it in again. It would arguably be the best dps cloak in the game for champs, guards, wardens and captains, so it's frustrating that it isn't in as it is, given that a level 75 cloak is still regarded as the best dps cloak for these classes by many.

And Iorbar's definitely wasn't difficult. I've champ-tanked it numerous times, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be possible to fervour tank it.

6. Jan 23 2013, 08:40 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Thronst View Post
    And Iorbar's definitely wasn't difficult. I've champ-tanked it numerous times, and I wouldn't be surprised if it would be possible to fervour tank it.
    Yes, the boss was too weak : I used to solo the T1 and could kill 5/6 dwarves, even with off-tank gear (I usually wear a tank gear with capped phys mitigation for bosses, but useless for this boss with so low DPS... )
    (and same thing for the first boss, no DPS)

IP was ridiculously easy before, farmed it many times with a burg/minstrel duo...
    MI6 - Evernight
    Original Challenger of Gothmog
    R4 Champion Erelena R9 Guardian Merebrand R12 Burglar R9 Captain R6 Hunter
    R8 Stalker | Nuntii R13 Reaver | R8 Warleader

9. Jan 23 2013, 08:51 AM

Well, what can I say, really really disappointed with this update.

No mention of lag on ALL the servers, no mention of waiting weeks for 1 daily quest. No mention of reduced awareness flagging up a lot.
    The lag and performance issues expirenced by some has got to be a priority. They say they read the boards and I believe them, they know its an issue and one that can impact the number of players consuming the product going forward. I think they made a good effort to figure out the lag when Sapience had that thread asking for specific instances, so while I would have liked it to be bullet one "created a plan to restart servers on a schedule" I dont believe its being ignored.

To do so would be a big mistake. There are a lot of things that are frustrating in MMO's but the game not running well on your system has to be near the top. Here is hoping a plan of action comes about soon, server restarts, optimization or a candid discussion on what the end users need to do to help on their end. If that means better net connections, direct x11 compatible vid cards, whatever it is lets move to the solution phase. If it means telling people they need to upgrade their PC's fine, id rather have the facts and know what I need to do then sit around and wait.

I fully agree with ALL the changes made. Durchest should have been taken down to correct long ago. IP was FAR too easy on T2. And the new search function was ridiculously overdue. Huzah! now we have a feature from this era of gaming!

My ONLY issue with the patch notes is that its not enough items fixed in proportion to the amount of time since our last patch (and also in proportion to the number of issues)

Otherwise, I like all the changes.

How do you guys know what's in this Update when we havent gotten any PatchNotes so far...? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Rhavandir View Post
    How do you guys know what's in this Update when we havent gotten any PatchNotes so far...? o_O
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_9.1,_Official

Quote Originally Posted by hucklebarry View Post
    I fully agree with ALL the changes made. Durchest should have been taken down to correct long ago. IP was FAR too easy on T2. And the new search function was ridiculously overdue. Huzah! now we have a feature from this era of gaming!

My ONLY issue with the patch notes is that its not enough items fixed in proportion to the amount of time since our last patch (and also in proportion to the number of issues)

Otherwise, I like all the changes.
    I have a feeling that there are quite a few other fixes made that didn't actually make it into the patch notes but did make it into the game. (There usually are changes like that, and there's quite a few dev posts about specific ones that were supposed to be in this specific update but aren't in the patch notes.)

Still a little disproportionate but I'm gonna blame the rest on the holidays.

We've had patch notes for more than an hour. http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_9.1,_Official
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

For me, fixing the "invisible stable mount" problem is justification enough for the patch all by itself. Sorry you guys didn't get the things you were hoping for, though.

I expect they looked at this

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_9.1,_Official

(you can usually work out what the URL will be before the notes are officially posted by the developers, many people do this and sit there hitting refresh until they appear)

18. Jan 23 2013, 09:03 AM

Just remembered one I've been waiting on... the damage some mobs have been dishing out lately... I'm really hoping that was a stealth adjustment as some spaces were not feasible to ALOT of folks based on the damage some mobs and instance mobs were doing... Didn't see it in the notes

I'm actually pretty p.is.sed off about them adding stupid bloody fate on cargaraf's ring. Why nerf this thing and make it worse than some stupid bloody skraid-ring?

I consider this update being a nerf in general. We will have to see about loot-stuff inside the new 3mans etc. But it doesn't sound like a huge boost there while the BG-nerf is pretty huge indeed.

I don't know why they did it, but I suppose that my server will lose some population again. That's good for the lag-issues though I guess.

Well I couldnt read the Notes but only got a "Sorry sth is wrong" page - only when I switched from German to US English Browser settings the Patch Notes got displayed properly. :-/

22. Jan 23 2013, 09:11 AM

Quote Originally Posted by GithlithMonaghan View Post
    I'm actually pretty p.is.sed off about them adding stupid bloody fate on cargaraf's ring. Why nerf this thing and make it worse than some stupid bloody skraid-ring?
    They had to change it because it was identical stats to a skirmish ring.
    Unfortunately, I was hoping they'd add in some finesse or crit or something instead of fate, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorgrum View Post
    The lag and performance issues expirenced by some has got to be a priority. They say they read the boards and I believe them, they know its an issue and one that can impact the number of players consuming the product going forward. I think they made a good effort to figure out the lag when Sapience had that thread asking for specific instances, so while I would have liked it to be bullet one "created a plan to restart servers on a schedule" I dont believe its being ignored.

To do so would be a big mistake. There are a lot of things that are frustrating in MMO's but the game not running well on your system has to be near the top. Here is hoping a plan of action comes about soon, server restarts, optimization or a candid discussion on what the end users need to do to help on their end. If that means better net connections, direct x11 compatible vid cards, whatever it is lets move to the solution phase. If it means telling people they need to upgrade their PC's fine, id rather have the facts and know what I need to do then sit around and wait.
    And i mention again that on russian servers maintenance and server restarts are carrying out every week. At least for me i see lag spikes very rarely. Last time i saw it at last week. And i play every day.

What was needed was a fix to funky/extreme damage.
    In some fights tactical damage got out of hand.
    i.e. SG t2, first boss, his initial attack usually wipes out 2-3 people (if you don't have a capt for extra morale). Also I've heard that Dargnakh's Rage is impossible currently as his pound attack kills tank in 1-2 hits (this is a lvl 75 dungeon!)

Also removing symbols from BG seems excessive, so what? try farming on T2c now or back to skirm raids?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/04208000000211f30/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderv View Post
    And i mention again that on russian servers maintenance and server restarts are carrying out every week. At least for me i see lag spikes very rarely. Last time i saw it at last week. And i play every day.
    At this point anything would be better then nothing. Once a month for server reboots would be something and I think would go a long way to illustrating effort on the issue. I am confident they are aware of it and would fix it in a minute if they could. So getting to solutions is the key here, tell us what we need to do on our end and give us a plan (even a small one) on turbines end.

It's not just 9.1 that's disappointing, it's how the entire expansion was sold and delivered to us.

Turbine delays the release of the expansion a month, then doesn't release it with any new 6/12 man content promising to deliver it 'later'. In spite of the month long delay the expansion still seems like it was rushed out the door because it's chock full of bugs many of which were reported in BETA (not counting the ever present pre-existing lag). So the subsequent updates which should contain the new content many of us are waiting for are pushed back even further.

Bottom line is that we have an expansion that was pre-ordered back in September that STILL doesn't have new 6/12 man content. How effective the bug fixes are still remains to be seen but hoping to finally get new 6/12 man content almost 1/2 of a year after an expansion is purchased goes beyond the pale...
    Reconadan 90 Hunter/R7 ::: Reconamir 75 Captain/R4 ::: Reconien 75 Champion/R6
    Reconi 75 LoreMaster/R7 ::: Elavyan 75 Minstrel/R4 :::Reconorin 75 Guardian
    Westfold/Kindred::: Tinker/Armourer/Historian/Explorer/Woodsman

Quote Originally Posted by Acebold View Post
    What was needed was a fix to funky/extreme damage.
    what is perplexing to me is that they thought to ADD damage to IP (which was needed), but didnt bother with the places it needs to be removed from :/

Thumbs down

Did they really waste their time on this?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast