We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    I've run 3mans maybe 50 times and have never won anything that I thought was worthwhile and nobody in the group I've run 3mans with has won anything worthwhile either. Usually a bounty, sometimes a bounty and a junk earring. Patch notes seem to indicate an increased chance of rare drops so maybe I'll run them a few more times now and see if our luck improves. As they were it was not worth the time and trouble for 175s.

Hopefully the bg drop rate nerf will cause people to run the entire raid instead of farming durchest, but it could as well put an end to running bg all together. Even people who can't be bothered to join a raid feel entitled to win 2a symbols. 1st and 2a symbols should be reserved for raiders imho but I would expect plenty of gnashing teeth over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peidolas View Post
    So what? 3-man instances should be doable with every possible combination of classes, they should all have some challenge to them, but also still easy enough to allow every class to be desirable for that instance.
    I disagree. I don't think T2C of a 3 man should be (reasonably or widely) doable with any set of classes. I think it is reasonable to want at least a tank/heavy OR a main healer class for T2C. Do you think a burg and 2 hunters should readily be able to do T2C?!? I agree it shouldn't require a holy trinity arrangement, as that leaves utility classes out in the cold somewhat and makes group formation quite a bit more painful...

Very well, this update however has done less than I hoped for and more than I feared as well...

-> It has not really improved loot-misery in the instances.
    -> It has removed loot from the only place there had been some.
    -> So all in all there's even less content worth playing than before.
    -> It has changed my stats completely (Cargaraf's ring) without asking me to do so.

It's probably the worst update in years in my opinion, because by making 2nd ages only accessable to raiders it has not only taken out those tiel LIs but also everything that goes along with improving them. No 2nd ages means no use for crystals, rolls, IXP, relics or even marks to get all of that. It has been a tiny step back for turbine but a huge leap back for us players.

So we go back from quite a nice amount of content to no content at all. For me that means I'm off until next update.

cheers
    Last edited by GithlithMonaghan; Jan 23 2013 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GV-Tanith View Post
    This. Even if they don't have the situation completely figured out, it would be very nice to see a blue post that simply says, "We are aware many of you are lagging/disconnecting/unable to patch, etc., and we are working on resolving this".
    Sigh...and we see this same annoying statement repeated every time there's an issue with anything. I constantly see people refer to statements from devs indicating that they're quite aware of all the problems associated with their product, which of course they have a particular interest in trying to correct, if possible. Demanding special attention from them (a fairly common desire among the forum population here) doesn't accomplish anything.

Rip
    [CENTER][URL="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v671/Rippentuck/LotRO/?albumview=slideshow"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="4"]The Perilous Travels of Two Hobbits: A Hands-Free Visual Journey[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="SeaGreen"][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?p=3573897#post3573897"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="4"]From Balin's Tomb to the Bridge of Khazad-dum[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [center][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=264595"][FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]All Along the River: The War of the Ring on the Water[/SIZE][/FONT][/URL][/center]

I see what you did there Turbine:

1. First rule of Lag Club, do not talk about Lag Club.
    2. Make unpopular changes in Update 9.1 to encourage people to play alts or take break until new overdue instance cluster.
    3. With less active players, the lag that is not fixed or talked about as per Lag Club first rule, ends up fixing itself.

Well played Turbine.
    Breron/Gojespin/Kilawen/Lynnawen/Mayawen

You just broke the rules, you're now banned from the club.

As per ususal I finally get to 85 and then Turbine nerfs everything that everyone I know has been farming for weeks. Yet again people will not understand why I don't have a second age or tons of medallions and marks to upgrade my items like they do. This is NOT fair. It happens to me every single level cap increase. My character is ALWAYS undergeared and I always get level cap just in time for Turbine to nerf whatever thing everyone was using to increase there character. My only hope was that this time I could maybe buy a symbol. Well that's ruined now too. No one is going to want take my burglar in a group over any other 85 character that has a second age. It would be nice if they spent more time fixing bugs and lag instead of nerfing what I was looking forward to and hoping to get.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Performance issues are a consideration in every patch, fix, and update. It is not called out explicitly in every patch, fix, and update. It is a constant effort that is an incremental process. A process often confounded by the fact that a large number of players do not report useful information or ofter report client performance issues as server issues. I appreciate that will be considered 'blaming the player', but it does not change the reality of the situation.

As for other changes, some were clearly called out as known issues after Update 9. Issues that were clearly stated as being changed in the next update. They have been.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4