We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    We despairingly need a good mintrel to post here about raiding minstrel's... my god, we need it...

New breed of minstrels in the moors are doing it wrong.
    [B]Hergon[/B] (r11 warden - BW - former Fearghus from Crickhollow)
    [B]Nietotchka[/B] (r10 captain - BW - former Herja from Crickhollow)

A couple of the new minstrels are doing well. But I'd love to hear from some of those Mini's that are just impossible to kill, and can run around with 10+ creeps chasing them without dieing.

I think Minstrel build is a big one. I've heard so many different opinions on blue/yellow/mixed traiting.
    Merlinros - Brandywine
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pDdg8Ha0A[/url]

Blue line raid healing minstrel.

TRAITS

There are 5 traits I use all the time for all situations and they are -

-Life Singer - + 10% chance to critical heals
    -Silver Tongue - + 25% healing for critical heals
    -Ip Raise the Spirit - -1.5 sec casting time -50% cool down +10% RtS healing
    -Focused Performance - -10% induction for all skills
    -Enduring morale - +343 morale

The last trait I use depends on the situation.
    if its a big Ra Vs Ra (12+) Graceful Demeanor - +20% health on revival +30% power -2s induction
    This is useful for sneaking out of combat to cast a quicker ore efficient AoE rez.
    If it is a smaller Ra Vs Ra I will trait Imp Song of Soothing - Removes induction time and +10 yrd range
    This is useful for the Minstrel's moors crafting relic that adds -10% AoE inc healing debuff to Song of Soothing.

STATS AND GEAR

It's important to have a high morale and capped migrations as you will often be focused early on and the longer you can stay up, the better.

Use morale virtues Zeal and Valor. Remember to factor in the stats needed for capped migrations AFTER buffs (scrolls, cappy buff, etc). This will leave you with more opportunity to use morale gear over mitigation gear.

The single most important legacy for your LI is the Still as Death one which reduces the cool down from 5 to 3 minutes.
    This will let you often flop twice in one battle.

5 set bonus from Resolve set is amazing as it makes Soliloquy of Spirit remove 1 disease, fear, wound, or poison every 2s for 10s. This will keep you free of debuffs.

STRATEGY

Starting the fight - Stack 3x major ballads ASAP. This will give +21% outgoing healing. After this apply Soliloquy of Spirit on your self. SoS should primarily be used on yourself and always be on cool down because it will keep you free of debuffs like the warg's silencing fear.

When getting focused - Don't just stand there. Kite and then kite some more. You will take a lot less dmg doing this. Use a LM's tar to help when possible.

SKILLS

Still as Death - The best time to use this is when you are getting focused and you can't kite anymore without dying. Don't wait too late to flop. Flop around 40% morale to make sure you won't bleed out from DoTs as you are playing dead.

Anthem of Composure - This is an amazing power restoring skill that should be used when running low on power and used all the time against many defiler's flies.

Rally - Long cool down on this one, so don't waste it. Priority for rez is Cappy>Healer>TA>DPS

Fellowship's Heart - Use this early on in the fight when 2 or more people are taking heavy dmg.

i hope some of you can get some use out of this. I will add more as I think of them.

Bobby
    "Quoting yourself is one of the tackiest things you can do" - Slowbo Laggins, r12 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    Check the debuff tooltip, it shows 10%. Not sure weather the Set tooltip or the debuff one is wrong tho.
    As I understand it, the Telling Mark legacy affects your Sure Strike debuff. So you'll have a 10% debuff with the legacy, 5% without.

(Popped in this thread 'cause it was linked in the Silverlode forums. Nice tips for cappies!)
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    As I understand it, the Telling Mark legacy affects your Sure Strike debuff. So you'll have a 10% debuff with the legacy, 5% without.
    Thanks for the info.

Herja what do you think cappies will end up wearing after U10 (When 3/5-set bonuses will shift to 2/4)?
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

I wrote up a pretty in depth write-up yesterday, bit it got lost when the forum decided I wasn't logged on when I was.

some small comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyunderhill View Post
    Blue line raid healing minstrel.

TRAITS

There are 5 traits I use all the time for all situations and they are -

-Life Singer - + 10% chance to critical heals
    -Silver Tongue - + 25% healing for critical heals
    -Ip Raise the Spirit - -1.5 sec casting time -50% cool down +10% RtS healing
    -Focused Performance - -10% induction for all skills
    -Enduring morale - +343 morale

The last trait I use depends on the situation.
    if its a big Ra Vs Ra (12+) Graceful Demeanor - +20% health on revival +30% power -2s induction
    This is useful for sneaking out of combat to cast a quicker ore efficient AoE rez.
    If it is a smaller Ra Vs Ra I will trait Imp Song of Soothing - Removes induction time and +10 yrd range
    This is useful for the Minstrel's moors crafting relic that adds -10% AoE inc healing debuff to Song of Soothing.
    Enduring morale really isn't worth the slot. +343 morale is basically one attack. The best utillity for that trait is in WS for procing the ability to heal fellow members with chord.

Imp raise the spirit is nice, but spamming it is not power efficient, so i usually don't trait it.

instead of enduring morale, I would recommend traiting for the greater armor raiting, and instead of imp raise the spirit trait for improved rezzing. The armor trait plus the last trait I typically use (yellow trait with +tmit, I forget it's name) vastly improve tmit ratings, which make it easier to hit tmit cap, while not sacrificing will.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyunderhill View Post
    STATS AND GEAR

It's important to have a high morale and capped migrations as you will often be focused early on and the longer you can stay up, the better.
    For RvR morale stacking really isn't as important as outgoing healing. stacking morale any more that 10-11k is way too much of a detriment to outgoing healing to justify imho. It's best to try and find a balanced build of around 9k morale unbuffed with close to capped tmit and around 2k will. Going under 1.7k will for the extra bit of morale isn't worth the outgoing healing lost.

************DISCLAIMER******** ****************
    This will all change with U10. the added morale from rank + added tmit gains from stacking Will are gonna make minstrels basically have to only worry about stacking will (with fate as a side priority).
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Quote Originally Posted by Rashy View Post
    Thanks for the info.

Herja what do you think cappies will end up wearing after U10 (When 3/5-set bonuses will shift to 2/4)?
    That is quite the question... I suppose I'll go:

4 Loyalty: incoming healing debuff is da bomb!
    2 Persevere: -20% defeat event is also da bomb!
    And will have +2 persevere to swap for the CC removal on Make Haste.

Personally, I haven't tested out the Command set. But i think -35% incoming healing > +5-10% dmg... (that's a raiding thought).
    I have only 4 pieces of the Command set (just got them), getting ready for testing in U10.

As far as I know, the Command set debuff would be:
    1 hit = +5% incoming dmg debuff
    2 hits = +10% incoming dmg debuff
    Not sure if there would be 2 debuffs, or only 1 updated after the second hit... just don't feel logical for a legacy to apply over an armour set bonus...

Again, never used it... Hashem used to have it on PvE raids, but I never paid any attention (always in love with the Persevere set)

Not sure if they changed it as they did with the incoming healing debuff on wardens (oh, those sweet -100%).

Anyways, I got it just to test out and to have in the arsenal after u10. But I'll go Loyalty + Persevere.

Quote Originally Posted by Herja View Post
    To me, Herja, the cappy role is not to dps at all.

So...
    Captain: Just like with the Guardian, when in a raid, you should go HoH and sacrifice IDOME for SotD (Fellowship Brother is a must).

I have one emblem for soloing, and one for grouping (which I still dont have the legacy for SorD CD, but will do when I get my first age).

Focus is: To Arms duration, all my healing skills, SotD CD, Escape from Darkness CD.
    I heal, I buff, I rez. That's my role...
    If I'll buff with Song Brother or Blade Brother, depends on the situation. Sometimes I'll switch, sometimes stick to one...

Since we work out of defeat events and crits (either to get defeat events or to heal for real) that's how I go:

Gear:
    3 Armour of Perseverance (-20% defeat event CD)
    3 Armour of Loyalty (lots of mits and -25% Escape from Darkness, which with the emblem legacy makes it a 02m30s CD in-combat rez)
    Jewelry is all might and crit - more heals and more chance to crit (both on heals and Pressing Attack and Dev Blow - defeat event)

Blue traits are:
    Fear no Darkness (+20% Healing on Words of Courage)
    Blood of Númenor (must have. period.)
    Now for Wrath (must have. period.)
    Deeds Before Words (Inspire will restore 25% more morale - and 25% more power, if using Song Brother)
    Relentless Optimism (Your critical heals will heal 50% more. That's where the cappy heals are)

Red Traits:
    Renewed Voice (helps me unlocking Pressing Attack and Dev Blow, which will give me a defeat event no a crit, so I can heal/buff)
    Turn of the Tide (a little aoe stun now and then is always nice for the raid, lowers incoming dmg, tho Expert Attacks is good to crit on Pressing Attack and Dev Blow)

(edit)
    There's an argument I'd consider... using 2 yellow (Tactical Prowess and Composure/Defiance).
    The reason here would be to have no CD on the Marks. In the Moors there's a lot of switching targets, and being able to mark the next right away is a very nice thing........... I've tried it and found it very good!
    (end-edit)

Now, the real magic on a good cappy, which I confess I'm not that good with, is using In Harm's Way.

You must master the use of it not only with Last Stand, but at any time. It's all about moving away (cause there's a range to where you'll absorb the dmg), warning it's up and getting the healer to heal you, or not heal at all when Last Stand is up with it.

Not all cappies will agree to all this, but those are my tips to cappies raiding in the Moors: be a cappy, not a champ wannabe.

i didnt read all the post but if u really want to faceroll a creep raid with a lot of wls and defilers just make sure that ur captains gear the set with Incoming Healing debuff and trait LoM, then spam routing crys on their healers all the time.

thats it
    [CENTER][COLOR="#FFFFFF"][B]Sex Symbols[/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#AFEEEE"][B] Cocomiel - Doronor - Brisita [/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Celenir View Post
    i didnt read all the post but if u really want to faceroll a creep raid with a lot of wls and defilers just make sure that ur captains gear the set with Incoming Healing debuff and trait LoM, then spam routing crys on their healers all the time.

thats it
    Agree to disagree... =P

Agree to disagree... =P
    I'd listen to Coco. when grouped with his pet mogwai they're pretty much unkillable.
    Bloin r11 Minstrel
    Malte r9 Burg
    Maltepup r9 Warg

Guys where are you???

9 days,23 hours,59 min, 59 secs left...

Burzan aka Trompok(BW) - R14 Reaver
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    Guys where are you???

you already make you xfer? i want to fight you before you go!! tonight or tomorrow.
    Crickhollow - Scratzod r6 Champ - Scratzw r7 Burg - / Healpot r7 Defiler
    Brandywine - Pinha r8 Spider - Litleponey r9 Reaver / Qris-1 r11 miniEzmode

Quote Originally Posted by 1nTruDeR View Post
    Guys where are you???

Go to Riddermark!!! I'm making a toon there with some friends, just for the fun of low level content... and I'll probably play a creep there. =)

Alright, since I brought up 5% or 10% command set sure strike dmg debuff argument, I felt responsible to clarify, so I tested :3

The tool tip on set bonus says 5%, but the debuff itself is 10%. You hit once, it is 10%. Hit twice, just renews the debuff. Telling Mark doesn't affect it at all.

Also, I now have PVP raid sword, which I am loving it It works well even when I'm solo fighting a group. I was also wrong that you can hit as many as 8 targets when the Pressing Attack maximum target legacy is maxed.

Personally, I am wearing 4 perseverance, 2 loyalty after U10 in moors raid. I also realized I haven't fully utilized 4x Hytbold Charge bonus (20% revealing mark morale return), so I am going to start using it.

I am curious about trying 4 loyalty with LtC traited. I wouldn't personally use 4 loyalty without LtC, since Rallying Cry and Routing Cry share the same cd, and we never seem to have enough heals in Crick moors so Rally > Routing in most cases. Is the 35% healing debuff something creeps can pot, by the way?

Gotta love cappy, so much you can do
    [IMG]http://oi41.tinypic.com/14v1utt.jpg[/IMG]
    Farrielle R13 Captain (BW), Archaniel R8 Hunter (CH), Farrial R8 Minstrel (CH)
    Farrball R9 Stalker (CH), Kumosan R8 Weaver (CH), Vapour R6 Reaver (CH)

Champion: open up with brutal strikes/clobber, then seeking blades/remorseless, then when your target is trying to figure out how they only have 3k hp left just spam merciless strike until they stop moving and are lying on the ground.

Always helpful,
    -Itty/Derpadoo
    Last edited by Derpon; Mar 10 2013 at 11:11 AM.
    [center][color=red][size=3][color=gold]~[/color]Ittybitty, Reaver[color=gold]~[/color][/size]
    [size=1]Sexylegs, Rank [color=cyan]8[/color] Spider[/size]
    [size=1]Vic, Rank [color=cyan]7[/color] Defiler[/size][/color][/center]

No hunter tips D:???? qqqqqqqqq wtb some!

There's a little bit of tips for hunters in some places there...

IN RAIDS, hunters should just DPS the heck out of the TA;
    They should not panic when jumped by wargs and run away from healers/melee dps... if you feel like it, remove your slow, hit stun pot, bubble up and kite AROUND the healer.

They should not be a phat keed, cause they will be chewed up by Bane or the Pee Pee Brothers.

They should track at all times when the raid is stationary. (don't wait for the leader to ask)
    And ask for the leader to wait for you to mount back up (after tracking), so you don't be a phat keed.

A good one, from a melee perspective: use your slows too, pls... we melee ppl thank you dearly!

But we should get some good ones on traits, legacies, gear, rotations from Crick good hunters (remembering: RAID PERSPECTIVE).

There's a little bit of tips for hunters in some places there...

They should not be a phat keed, cause they will be chewed up by Bane

worst tip ever herja, please do not stop my infamy flow D:
    R8 RK, R8 champ, R7 burg, R8 warden. R13 warg, R10 spider, R9 reaver, R8 Warleader R6 BA

For the half-assed runners that play elf mostly:

Parry and Block can't be performed if you're being attacked from the back, meaning if you blow elf-parry to try to run away, congratz! You've wasted a 1h CD for nothing at all.
    Captains are clearly made of sunshine and rainbows. I thought that much was obvious. - RockX

Essie - Tr.

newb

So i have gotten my warg to rank 4 and i want to start taking my freep burglar out a few times before my VIP ends.

i try to keep in mind that i am only level 48, so even though i am level boosted to 105 im still squishy as heck.

ive only played solo though, and notice that it...well lets say if theres a creep and they find me in stealth, im pretty much left with a sealed fate. but if i was with a raid, or even a half raid, what would be the best things for me to do?
    Server: Crickhollow
    kinship: warriors of Wessex
    toons: Ryanthezuzyian, Destinyjr, Shiane, Wanujosei, Xuzy, Shortlady, Jackal, Bandyuro, Seaflower, Pups, IamAnUglyOrc

Quote Originally Posted by PupsIsMyDog View Post
    So i have gotten my warg to rank 4 and i want to start taking my freep burglar out a few times before my VIP ends.

i try to keep in mind that i am only level 48, so even though i am level boosted to 105 im still squishy as heck.

ive only played solo though, and notice that it...well lets say if theres a creep and they find me in stealth, im pretty much left with a sealed fate. but if i was with a raid, or even a half raid, what would be the best things for me to do?
    digging in threads from 2013 isn't exactly a good idea.

what you should do is level to 105, gear up and read some burglar guides or ask certain burg veterans on crick for rotations/tricks etc. (if you contact a PvE burg you might actually get worse than now).

oh, and find friends / a kin that has players who know the game - that's usefull for grouping and gearing tips.
    Make Moors Great Again - Crickhollow
    Ishlan, Sahlin
    too many creeps and freeps to list all

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hoges View Post
    Love the idea Herja. I fear only the old heads of the moors are the ones that read the forums though. Really hope there is some new blood that will log on and read this and help improve their game
    This is oh so true. It's great to see Herja is still playing this MMO and contributing to the community of the Crickhollow server. The game has changed so much, hopefully the PvP will grow and people stop caring about KD ratio and just trait 'Chuck Norris' and play full blown 'Honey Badger'.

Quote Originally Posted by Blato View Post
    digging in threads from 2013 isn't exactly a good idea.

what you should do is level to 105, gear up and read some burglar guides or ask certain burg veterans on crick for rotations/tricks etc. (if you contact a PvE burg you might actually get worse than now).

oh, and find friends / a kin that has players who know the game - that's usefull for grouping and gearing tips.

Blato's right. Reading the old forum posts are of no use considering the dramatic amounts of change to the game/gear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2