We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I disagree with the fact that WPS is useless... although I can kill guys faster not using it...
    Burgle on the other hand is right now totally useless
    All the other skills are good.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000027b6f2/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Besides burgle (not including sneeze either, or share the fun) and perhaps WPS and Location is Everything, burglar skills are not useless. What is happening, rather, is that the developers are failing to utilize burglars' unique fellowship benefits.

Sure it's easy to understand why people want cappies for buffs and LMs for a personal battery and supreme CC etc. Burglars are nerfed at 85 to being only DPS. There is rarely any need to have mobs permamezzed, debuffed or FMs. It isn't that our skills are useless... it's that they aren't required at all in most situations. Draigoich made burglaring fun and at least the for me, exhilarating. Knowing that the fellowship is counting on you to start an FM... priceless. Knowing that the fellowship needs you to permamez a troll in the Sewers of Isengard... rewarding and challenging.

Mounted Combat v 2 makes me feel like a burglar again. Please make the next series of raids need a burglar. Otherwise, it will be the same daggon thing over and over again in LFF: Need 1 tank, 1 cappy, 1 mini/rk and the rest Champions and Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittainTheCommie View Post
    Mischief Stance. -Traitline dependent. I see the occasional burglar using it for raids.

Gamble Stance. -Traitline dependent, Gambler burglars do extremely well

Burgle. -I've burgled some decent things, but pretty useless.

Diversion. -If you have it traited, it can apply a Debuffing gamble. Plus it's nice for when you're sneaking through highly concentrated areas.

WPS. -Useless in a rotation because of the induction, and the DoT is useless everywhere except instances, where the mob should be turned around anyway.

Clever Retort. -Stance dependent. This is a highly useful skill for Gambler/MM burgs.

Practical Joke. -Pointless, but whatever.

Enrage. This was on the cusp. I use it (when traited) against BA's in the moors. It's also fun to use, for instance, at the last fight in the Rift. :P

My take on your list.
    Exploit

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstwaddle View Post
    Confound
    Practical Joke
    Share the Fun (this COULD be a great skill for some gameplay if it automatically enabled "follow")
    Whatever the Mischief "Root" skill is
    Exposed Throat (FM & Stun chance is too low.. should activate automatically on a Crit or Devastate)
    Trip (outside of Draigoch)
    The FM skill reset (just have a successful FM enable this for the Burg, or allow Clever Retort to activate it also)
    Enrage (I wish this would cause a mob to turn on another mob in range for the duration of the trick instead of what it does now)
    WPS and it's induction (Improve it with a shortened induction and up it's bleed potency, right now it's just a weak CA)
    1-Useful in raids
    2-true
    3-useful in raids, if you're traited full yellow with captsone, it's a root +3% inc damage on the mob for 30s every 15s, so pretty much perma root.
    4-The skill is fine, we already have 2 FM openers, marbles, and 2 CD resets.
    5-Trip and exploit opening are pretty good still, the legendary trait should be modified tho.
    6-If you actually did some grouping, this one would be useful.
    7-I agree this is pretty bad outside the traited one in PvP.
    8-agreed

80+% of my Burgle nets me a potion I can use. My Alts have not had to buy or make potions in what seems like forever. I carry tools to increase my success and also increase my stealth level and my stealth movement speed. Burgle is one of the few remaining fun skills to solo at.

The reason OP is getting so many failures is because I have already stripped the mobs of anything of value before the OP gets there and I am long gone.

[SIZE="4"][/SIZE]FDR: Hold on, boys! I, for one, would like to hear what the blood-spattered young lady has to say.
    Reefer Madness: The Movie Musical (2005)

After burgling the pants off of a patrolling Orc in Angmar, this skill is one of my favourite. Being an excellent potion-source and gave me a couple of SA items for my alts in Moria.
    My take is that most ppl feeling their burgle skill doesn't work don't do it properly: sneak up from behind after distracting the target and then sift through the pockets standing still. Works 99.9% of the time for me. The remaining 0.1% just turns out the target didn't have anything on them or the skill critically fails.
    Caputo - Burglar | Drugar - Champ | Wislingard - Warden | Xenilinex - Hunter | Tonenas - RK | Rhichard - CAP

Thumbs up

I hope they do fix the Burgle drops. I'm running around Moria, about 95% of the time I fail to pocket something. So far all I'm getting is power potions and a map to Bree dropped over the last 2 days. I've hit every area in Moria & hugely disappointed. So council members? Please ask the Devs to expand the drops and make then more often than not.

Someone suggested traiting to The Gambler for more/better drops? Is there a specific combo needed involving the other two class traits? (Like a LM need 3 of this & 2 of that to get the 30 second mez).

I like the Burgle feature, more fun than just random killing.

But we're BURGS, we're supposed to be able to steal stuff. I think the drop rates really needs to be loosened up. We should be
    able to pocket everything available; lootboxes, keys, armor at our levels, etc.

Seriously? Show us a burg that can't steal something....then what's the purpose of having a burg in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDeeds2 View Post
    80+% of my Burgle nets me a potion I can use. My Alts have not had to buy or make potions in what seems like forever. I carry tools to increase my success and also increase my stealth level and my stealth movement speed. Burgle is one of the few remaining fun skills to solo at.

The reason OP is getting so many failures is because I have already stripped the mobs of anything of value before the OP gets there and I am long gone.

What tools to increase the burgle %?

change "burgle" to "pickpocket" which would be allowed during combat and acts like enrage skill. always hits for minimal item (cash) with chance to loot decent items.

gets rid of two useless skills and makes one useless skill.

*edit* don't get me wrong I like enrage skill in certain spots
    Last edited by Rimmer_Dall; Jun 08 2013 at 07:49 PM.
    Franky Fourfingers - Hobbit burglar- tea Cosy helm please
    Chaplain - dwarf RK - Because elves are too pretty
    Soco - Man LM - Respect to Soco of AC1 Thistledown

Burgle: For RP purposes (Laurelin server) I rolled my Hobbit Historian as a Burglar (not the other way around), so in theory she could steal (back) scholar items. When Burgle doesn't work she just kills the mob and takes what they don't deserve to own. As the ne'er-do-wells frequently hide out in ruins, this synergizes well with her raiding urns and coffers for historical finds.

Up to Level 20 in practice this worked, but her execution was poor and she was generally far over-leveled for the targeted mobs. Once shifting her territory to Bree-Land and hitting more on-level and above-level brigands, her technique as well as her haul has improved dramatically. The swag bag now has seen some sweet teal weapons unavailable from crafting, vendors, or skirmish camps. Angmar shall pay a heavy tax for sending in such easy marks!

I would say that the angle of approach is critical. The closer she is to full frontal the closer to zero the results. I'll have to try Diversion more and see if her haul rate improves.
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

I have been playing around with Burgle and was wondering how you can tell if you have successfully burgled? So far I can't tell that I have gotten anything off any of my targets.

If you look in your general chat log after a burgle attempt, it will either tell you that you got nothing, or will tell you what you pickpocketed. Burgled items will also appear in your loot bag, or in your regular bags if you auto-loot.
    Landroval EN-RP -- Club Eclaire: Galdhron-Elf LM, Twostep-Human Burg, Medloth Bearlady-Beorning || Laurelin EN-RP -- For RP; Join Club Slotro; bit.ly/slowtro

Yep, doesn't work 75% of the time for me either and when it does, its always potions.

Seriously, a good burg skill they need to fix.

I quite liked Burgle giving some form of debuff as well as loot, although the loot table needs serious dev time. I tend to laugh like a small child (even one aged 55) when the loot is essentially a pair of trousers from the hapless mark. Slower thinkers may need to visialusie this again...:-)
    It would be interesting if each trait line had a unique effect from Burgle
    Red Line: steal weapon, mobs first attack automatically misses. Not the same as Addle which interrupts an induction or causes a skill to fail (perhaps could be traited for up to 3 additional attacks). Alternatively as the "disarmed" debuff player toons get, so no weapon bonuses or effects and damage limited to slapping.
    Blue Line: steal random item, and causes a Distraction, 20% speed debuff on all skills for 15s (perhaps could be increased to 30s with trait ponts)
    Yellow Line: drop a mousetrap into the mob's pocket for a 3s Stun with the horror of just exactly where that thing is poised, ready to snap...ouch. Stun followed by 20s of 40% speed debuff as the mob frantically tries to get the mousetrap out wihtout it snapping shut. 5% chance of it snapping shut for an addional 15s Stun (dont ask!) Might be increased to 10% with additional trait points.

Success also gians a random item for the mob type, level and location, the loot tables do need a revamp and should include some stuff decent enough to encourage use of the skill. Success does not break Stealth, on the whole failure should not do so but perhaps lowers your stealth level by some amount for the cooldown period of the skill.

Remember that essentially only living humainoid mobs can be Burgled, so no Unseen, Dragons or Trolls as an example. Indeterminate as to viability for general use in raids but a little fun and colour. Theoretically, using current game, you might use these skills on the first boss pair in Abyss, but not on the 2nd and 3rd boss. Some RTs and Scourges would be susceptible, first boss in the Warg Pens etc so gives Burglars a little more input and makes use of the unique playstyle.

Burgle + HIPS + Burgles while combat rages would not work or would become OP
    Mithithil Ithryndi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2