We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Fires of Smaug Valve Graphical Bug?

Last night my kin was working on the Fires of Smaug instance. It appeared to us that there is a bug that makes the same valve appear different levels of open to different players.

There were many times where player A would report valve fully closed and player B standing right next to them would report the same valve as being at some various level of open (usually 3-5 clicks still required to close).

If I stood at a valve through the whole fight, I could predictably watch it open to the degree expected from the mechanics of the fight and close it appropriately with a kin mate. But, when I crossed the instance to look at a different valve, the person that stayed standing there would report it as being fully closed and to me it looked wide open.

It seemed to me that this occurred mainly due to distance one was from the valve when a change occurred to the valve. Almost like if one wasn't within range of the valve when a change occurred to it, it didn't register graphically to that person.

Just curious if this has been seen by other kins or if we were losing our minds?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000096b52/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

noticed the same thing last night. at first i chalked it up to either crosstalk about different valves, or else someone confusing colored for closed and black for open, but later the graphic was all black/closed for me but a kinmate kept insisting that it still needed a click to close, so i went up and clicked it, and the mouth of the valve itself did appear to go from slightly open to closed. highly annoying, as it isn't really possible to see the state of the valve without relying on the graphic unless you are right next to it

I observed this as well last night. Extremely frustrating to be telling the raid in Ventrilo that a valve is clear only to have someone else point out that they see it at 2 or 3 and vice versa.

Most of the time it seemed to behave if you stand and baby sit it. Other times it would be off by 1 the rest of the fight for some people and not for others.

The inability to judge the one mechanic that the raid is built around makes it impossible to do this instance when the bug is present.
    We observed this bug on multiple fresh instances.
    For us the bug was present every time. Eventually it would show up.
    Last edited by Thermight; Mar 07 2013 at 01:59 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000b1e1a/signature.png]Kangas[/charsig]
    [URL="http://helmsdeep.guildportal.com"]Helm's Deep[/URL] Kangas-Captain Kangdoom-Champ Furtive-Burg Wildlife-Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Thermight View Post
    I observed this as well last night. Extremely frustrating to be telling the raid in Ventrilo that a valve is clear only to have someone else point out that they see it at 2 or 3 and vice versa.

Most of the time it seemed to behave if you stand and baby sit it. Other times it would be off by 1 the rest of the fight for some people and not for others.

The inability to judge the one mechanic that the raid is built around makes it impossible to do this instance when the bug is present.
    We observed this bug on multiple fresh instances.
    For us the bug was present every time. Eventually it would show up.
    It's possible, our kinship did it in t2 challange. but it's annoying to control the valves with two people

Encountered the same: my boyfriend was experiencing a graphical bug of the top valve while I was not, we could clearly see the difference while standing next to the same valve, because our screens are next to each other. The distance to the valve didn't matter.

Later on, the lower valve bugged out on the third person of our little run-there-and-back-again group, and I had to call out the values to both of them using Vent. This was just tier 1, but I expect it's pretty annoying on T2.
    Ravanel (lore-master) | Ravalinde (rune-keeper) | Ravenwyn (captain)
    ~ Gilrain ~
    ravalation.blogspot.com

I've noticed the same issue at times. It hasn't prevented us from doing T2c it's just really annoying. During the fight without looking at the valves I already know exactly how far open/closed a valve is at any point in time. Very easy mechanic imo.

Here is a few screenshots of this i took to show the kinship the bugs.

Its shoudnt stop T2C but its annoying as hell and can confuse people initially.
    Snowbourn - Commander Shakbasher - Lieutenant Glurf

Warriors of The Great Eye