We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are there many US players on this server?

Hello all, I recently joined Withywindle and after levling 3 characters to 20, I discovered that it is a European server. I have joined glff and not seen a lot of traffic other than end game, and never anything for the 20s and 30s dungeons. Are there many US players playing here? Dont really want to start all over on another server, dont wanna pay stupid expensive transfer fees (dont think you can even transfer from a european server can you?), but also would like to find groups at times I am on for quests and instances and not solo to 85. Thank you!

Try /joinchannel globallff (Notice that there are two L's).

There are more than a few, although we're definitely the minority. My husband and I play here, and we're in the US.

It's true that most of the PUG action you see is level-cap stuff, but I think that is a game-wide issue - it's certainly true on Brandywine, anyway, where I have a couple of characters. However if you stick around on Withy, you'll find people on the local level doing the related zone instances; as an example, when I was questing in Lone-lands on my warden, I got a random invite for Garth Agamaur. Also, finding a good, active kin helps. The one I am in always has people doing group content at all levels: instances, quests, skirmishes.

Good luck!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000dceda/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I'm playing from the East Coast and our kin has quite a few members that stretch from the East Coast to the Pacific Coast and on to Hawaii. We're very active, especially in the evenings into the early morning.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b2250000000f280b/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

holy, no wonder I see less people lol cause I'm not on us server hahaha only been playing one month, should've checked the forums sooner. well can't be helped now.
    some random champ solo vids on level 85 3 man instance
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/user/Tukmolius[/url]

I'm a night shifter so my play time is usually early morning CST.
    This seems to be late afternoon/early evening in europe. Always people around during that time frame.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2b225000000127932/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

new_American

Hello! i'm American and new!

their seems to be alot of people from Brazil?
    NAE2013.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thrornir View Post
    holy, no wonder I see less people lol cause I'm not on us server hahaha only been playing one month, should've checked the forums sooner. well can't be helped now.
    I wouldn't worry about it to much. I see the remarks about Withywindle being a european server come up every once in a while, and it makes me wonder how much truth there is in it. Sure, it is a server started by Codemasters and transferred to the US with all other european servers. So technically, all transferred servers are now US servers. :P

Yet when we take a closer look at the Withywindle server, we can safely say that its population is not one of the highest when it transferred from Europe to the US. Seeing as it was a european server, all activities were, and still are, planned on european peak hours. Being a lower populated server, has earned us a spot on the "preferred server" list. Withywindle has been preferred server twice now and both have resulted in an influx of new arrivals. I would safely say that most of those arrivals, are from outside the EU.

With the new arrivals on Withywindle, new kinships have arrived. These are kinships that plan their activities in off-european peak hours. Meaning they can, and most likely, will grow in size. Which in turn means more activities in off-european hours. If Withywindle keeps its place on the preferred server list and is at the top more often, then, in time, it could very well mean that the player-group from outside the EU is larger then those from the EU (if this is not already the case).

And that is why I wonder how much truth there is to the statement "This is a european server."

Quote Originally Posted by Shariva View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it to much. I see the remarks about Withywindle being a european server come up every once in a while, and it makes me wonder how much truth there is in it. Sure, it is a server started by Codemasters and transferred to the US with all other european servers. So technically, all transferred servers are now US servers. :P

With the new arrivals on Withywindle, new kinships have arrived. These are kinships that plan their activities in off-european peak hours. Meaning they can, and most likely, will grow in size. Which in turn means more activities in off-european hours. If Withywindle keeps its place on the preferred server list and is at the top more often, then, in time, it could very well mean that the player-group from outside the EU is larger then those from the EU (if this is not already the case).

And that is why I wonder how much truth there is to the statement "This is a european server."
    The statement is short for "this is an old european server", aka pretty much all veterans are from the European timezones. Most players care little about the hardware or the actual location of the servers (other than the fact that the server relocation to Boston means higher latency for most players), and focus more on the players playtime and language spoken :-).

Historically, the server was started later than most other servers, and it was to be a "fresh start" server. Meaning that no character transfers to Withywindle were allowed. That is probably the main reason why WW always have been a low pop server, it was simply started after lotro's prime time.

To the OP: You'll likely see more and more players from your timezone playing, like others said. I've noticed myself that there is a steady increase of players from across the pond. If you want to join a server pretty much from the start and see it develop, then stick around .

edit: Post no. 100. Yay me!
    Last edited by KSoze; Apr 26 2013 at 01:42 PM.

I am in the US and just joined this server in February. it does seem to be getting better as far as population in the US time zone. i'm west coast myself but i wanted some other server to explore that wasnt full of the drama queens and adolescents you see when you have 400+ on a chat channel. it is dificult to find on level help with fellowship quests in anything other than lvl 85 instances though.

From a PvMP point of view, its been nice to see new players on at the later hours from my perspective. Made a nice amount of infamy tonight, fighting I presume some American players.

So for a few of the late night monster players its been a positive thing, hopefully leading to something bigger, this server does need it to be honest from the pvp side anyway.
    "Have i got time to go make a cup of tea?"
    Phakdush Baka, League of Suicidal Maniacs
    aka Malaise and Rarulleth. Also Mediphak on Arkenstone
    Formerly The Gramsfoot Canaries of Withywindle and Cojones de Mitril of Evernight. Visiting Hooligan on other servers.
    aka Delphinium Goold of the Frogmorton Adventure Holidays and Raruleth of the Grayhaven Boat Charter Co. Kinships.
    https://youtu.be/rtL341XZU3c

US on this sever

Yes!! and there are toooooo many of you lol
    ive been told you're the country most likely causing the server full issues by a GM.

We have a kin that is made up from both sides of the pond. It is a good thing in that we always have some one on line to play with. Although holiday season is eating into that at the moment. We even have people from the Southern Hemisphere whose time zones are parallel with the EU.
    Freep Loben:Hunter:(R14)130 Izuru:RK:(R5)130 Masakana:LM:(R5)130 Umdlali:Mini:(R5)130 Inkosi:Champ:68 Ukaputeni:Cappy:(R0)55 Umsizi:Warden:49 Isela:Burg:(R6)130 Umlondolozi:Guard:31 Boscovar:Hobbit Mini 29 Dwani RK:21 Irno Burg:16
    Creep Eish:BA:R7 Silentpaw:Warg:R5 Inyanga:Def:R3 Umgomo:Reaver:R2 Mpara:WL:R2 Isicabucabu:Spider:R3

I'm from the US and play on this server. I don't frequent the forums much, though. It seems to me that it's still mostly dominated by other countries, but there are a fair few US players. In my kin I only know of one US player who's on regularly other than me, but I also don't know the countries of a lot others in my kinship.

Mark me down as another one from the East Coast

I'm out and about mornings and evenings as well but I only generally solo so I'm an anti-social sort of player