We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Task Quest/Item Plugins

There are a couple of plugins out there for task items and quests, but they don't seem to be up-to-date. I was wondering how they worked - did they somehow pull information from somewhere or were they the painstaking work of the authors, going around at each level and inspecting the boards? I've run into a few places where there are issues (like in Tinnudir: At level 31, I'm seeing Very Sharp Claws (level 31), Shimmering Essence (level 30), and Broken Short Bows (level 31). At level 32, I'm seeing those same Very Sharp Claws (level 31), Scarred Ears (level 32), Shimmering Essence (level 30), Broken Short Bows (level 31), and Heavy Sword Sheaths (level 32) available.) but there seem to be no updates for some time, including the Rohan boards and items (which I believe are identical for every location with a board) or the 10 item per turn in change and in some cases, even the latest updates to Moria or elsewhere. I've scoured lotrointerface for updates by those other than the original authors as well.

If there is some data pull, then perhaps effort could be made to revive the task board plugins with new information. I'd also like to see graphical representation of available tasks (like in Busy Bee, for example) that could be sorted not just by name, task board locale and reputation faction, but another sortable list or two for War-steed experience (instead of rep) and most definitely one sortable by level (not just a tab for my level, but any level, one that would sort by starting level available and one that could sort by ending level available and work with the sort out functions currently available).

As I stated already, I don't know how those task board plugins work, but I've found them invaluable for making sure I top off rep before leaving an area and for earning task quest +1s and resets in the boxes which help make sure that Limlight reputation doesn't get left behind later on.

All of the data for these kinds of plugins has to be manually collected by the authors and is very time consuming to keep updated. If you find any discrepancies or would like any enhancements, the best place to post them is in the thread on the download page of the plugin at lotrointerface.com. If the author has the plugin set in their Favorites they will get an email notification when comments are left in that thread.

Oh man. C'mon Turbine! Help us out here! In the meantime, if that's all we've got, I don't expect anyone will care to update that information. I could certainly supply it, but since no update has been effected in quite some time, I think the authors have moved on. I'd like to suggest to Turbine to do as I've asked and find a way to make that data available for the players. There is no danger of an exploit here. It's for us!

Have you checked out the info at LOTRO-wiki.com

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Tasks_Bulletin_Board

That is "probably" current.

However, it truly is a moving target.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

My Daily Tasks reference plugin is being maintained and as far as I know, has all the current task details.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info498

Does it include information such as I have included above, the fact that tasks can be turned in at the Great River at at least level 69, that only Mucky Filth is available for Men of Dunland rep at a certain point in the 70 or 71 level range...things like that? I still think it would be great if the data was able to be pulled somehow to make it easier to turn in.