We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Houston Lotro Shenanigan Party! June 22nd- UPDATED 4/24

UPDATE 6/8 Gut-wrenching news guys... after many weeks of time-consuming planning and excitement about this event I was informed today that my vacation for the week of this event has been revoked and I would have to reschedule due to issues at work that require me to be there, which sadly means I will not be able to make it to this party...and trust me when I say that this made me rage after my boss called me this afternoon....I have really put a lot of time into this

I sincerely hope that someone can pick up the pieces now and keep this thing going as I have 21 confirmed atm and many other tentative...I hope you guys can keep it going because I have spent A LOT of time on this event. Not much else I can say, I'm truly sorry. I will do everything I can to help anyone that wants to step up and lead this shindig...just post replies below if you are interested and I will do everything I can to support it

Once again guys I'm very sorry and thank yall that have been so supportive

As for the plans I had made the event was to be Saturday, June 22nd 7pm-? at:

The Hobbit Café
    2243 Richmond Ave
    Houston, TX 77098

Bace
    Last edited by Baritone; Jun 08 2013 at 02:30 AM.

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Keep me posted and if this takes off I think I might be able to scare up a package of swag to send along to the attendees.

I am in Houston and I would come to this, ESPECIALLY if there was swag!

I'd be interested in it Bace thanks for putting this together.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000293f3a/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thanks for replies so far(special thanks to you Sapience)

As of now I am thinking Dave and Busters on Richmond Ave for the gathering, but will take any other suggestions into consideration.

I will update the OP every Friday with a headcount on those attending so I can make timely reservations, so please post in this thread if you are confirmed or tentative.

Lookin forward to it!

Bace

I'd drive down from Dallas if you could move it a day to Saturday...
    Rk 8 Warg, Rk 8 Spider, Rk 7 Reaver, Rk 7 BA, Rk 6 WL, Rk 6 Def
    Rk 8 Burg, Rk 8 Hntr, Rk 7 Champ, Rk 7 Mins, Rk 6 Guard, Rk 4 LM

No problems here moving it to Saturday, will play it by ear in the coming weeks, I don't plan on making a confirmed date/time/place until the end of May but will fo' sho' be on the 21st or 22nd, as I said will make an update every Friday so keep 'em comin

Also I could really use some feedback on some good places to go from any Houstonians. Ive always had fun at dave and busters but I only go to Houston 3-4 times a year so would like to hear some good feedback on social places without music pounding your ears so we can actually carry on a conversation...if anyone has recommendations for places that have party areas available for rent would gladly pay out of my pocket.
    Last edited by Baritone; Apr 22 2013 at 01:18 AM.

I'd definitely come. I'm originally from the Houston area, and my wife is a player as well. I might be able to scare up some friends who play who are also in the area too!
    [CENTER] [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000001029cf/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/CENTER]
    [B][COLOR=darkorange]

Purposely using proper grammar and punctuation since 1998![/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Commodore64 + 8B RAM + 7MB HD + 286 + Gravis Ultrasound Midi [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie08 View Post
    I'd definitely come. I'm originally from the Houston area, and my wife is a player as well. I might be able to scare up some friends who play who are also in the area too!
    Oh... well I'm not coming if HE'S gonna be there....
    [COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Red]Ayrolen[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrange]Anikosi[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Anfribur[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Ametrine[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Amari[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Ayaneth[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Red]Asparagus[/COLOR]-[COLOR=SandyBrown]Anayalos[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Yellow]Alyradal[/COLOR]-[COLOR=Lime]Aloe[/COLOR]-[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Asiago[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]-[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Altanoin[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
    7 Haven Way, Tund Loriel, Falathlorn Homesteads
    [COLOR=White]Elendilmir[/COLOR] Arda Shrugged -[COLOR=White]Crickhollow[/COLOR] The Colonists[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1]
    [/SIZE]

Great idea...I live in Beaumont so it just right next door....love to meet up with some fellow LOTRO fans!

FYI....Gladden has a quite a few Texans too so you might want to crosspost over there!

There used to be a place called The Hobbit Hole or something like that...don't know if it's still around but it might be just the place for a meet-n-greet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Keep me posted and if this takes off I think I might be able to scare up a package of swag to send along to the attendees.
    OOOOOOO! Could ya send a flag of Rohan or three?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcrown View Post
    Great idea...I live in Beaumont so it just right next door....love to meet up with some fellow LOTRO fans!

FYI....Gladden has a quite a few Texans too so you might want to crosspost over there!

There used to be a place called The Hobbit Hole or something like that...don't know if it's still around but it might be just the place for a meet-n-greet!
    Awesome Im also in Beaumont! Thanks for suggesting the hobbit hole that would be perfect, i will look into it

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironcrown View Post
    OOOOOOO! Could ya send a flag of Rohan or three?
    I don't believe we have any more of the Rohan flags, but I do know we have the new LOTRO ones from PAX East 2013.

I could probably make it and drag my sister who plays as well, but it would need to be on a Saturday.
    I love my computer because my friends live in it!

Please read the edited original post for info. As stated in it please only use this thread for questions/recommendations/feedback and not to inform me you are coming. Please send me a PM to tell me if you are confirmed/tentative and how many people will be with you

Thanks!!!

Still getting a lot of interest in this thanks guys!!! Please read the OP as far as confirming attendance goes, plan is still the same as of now, things are finally starting to slow down with in-game tells and such...this is a lot more work than I expected

See yall next month!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    Would Sweatshirts be possible Sapience?
    -Melneth
    I love my computer because my friends live in it!

I am in SA, TX and am very interested in attending! Is it still set for 7pm, and now at D&B's? I have to work the next day, but can make arrangements to go in late, if necessary! Will PM the OP! I will be representing Brandywine server, and Tolkien's Order of Middle Earth! TAME represents!

Please read OP...