We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How's the population of Withywindle?

Hi people,
    I'm currently on Firefoot server even though I'm a European because at the time I started playing lotro Firefoot was a recommended server. Anyway I would be interested to try a European server with bigger population. I saw some population stats and I was surprised how big population Withywindle seemes to have. So can you tell how big is it at this moment? Are population there good? Are most of the players at low levels since I have heard that Withywindle is quite new server.

Thank you for advance.
    Dear fella girls:

If a guy wants you to learn how to play a game...
    It means you are the most important person in his life and he also needs a healer! :D

Hi I have been on withy for the last 4 months or so and there is a good population but it's made up of a high number of lower level although there is never really a shortage of fili raids and sammys going on, I love the server but as it's my first I have no point of reference.
    Withywindle Freeps Rildok R8 LM, Meglatron R7 capt, Eldalorm R6 RK, Rildoc R7 Warden, Meglathan R5 Hunter, Rildock R5 Mini, Megolopops R5 Champ, Megaflop R5 Burg, Megasorearse Guard, Meglabear Beorn.

Withy is currently, or has recently been, the recommended server. So we've seen a great increase of players lately - the starter areas are pretty busy. I think we have a fairly decent population, but the larger groups seem to be end game and the lower levels. I'm not sure about the action in the mid levels - although I am levelling an alt at that range at the moment - but there is a definite concentration in certain level ranges.

As for Withy being a 'new' server, 'newest' would be a better word. It's still 2 years old or so, but the most recently created of the former Codemasters servers =)

I switched from Eldar last month after 3 years or so, and it does seem more popular though not quite as popular as the HDRO Live statistics would suggest. I haven't even reached Moria yet so I can't say about high level. I've grouped for Garth Agarwen twice, Trollshaws seems as dead as on any other server, Breeland is pretty packed. My impression is that it's a growing server so if you want to switch, now is probably a good time before it becomes like other servers with lots of capped characters and not as many new ones.

Where do you see the population stats from?
    Nothing is Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Lagunast View Post
    Where do you see the population stats from?
    From this site:

http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php

Click the name of the server and you can see the stats on each server. I can't speak German but it seems that that the first stat tells the number of logins every 5 minutes during the last 24 hours at each server. I don't really get what the second one stands for... I am not sure how true this is though since Turbine hasn't released actual population numbers but I find it kinda useful.
    Dear fella girls:

If a guy wants you to learn how to play a game...
    It means you are the most important person in his life and he also needs a healer! :D

Quote Originally Posted by dinky_penguin View Post
    From this site:

http://lux-hdro.de/hdro-live.php

Click the name of the server and you can see the stats on each server. I can't speak German but it seems that that the first stat tells the number of logins every 5 minutes during the last 24 hours at each server. I don't really get what the second one stands for... I am not sure how true this is though since Turbine hasn't released actual population numbers but I find it kinda useful.
    The second graph "shows" how many players are actually on. Since it is a guestimate based on the first graph, which in itself is also a guestimate, these figures are questionable. The number of logins do not represent that every login means a unique player logs on; there are times I login with different alts to accomodate certain crafting needs for other kinnies.

Putting that aside; Withywindle has seen an increase in players over the last few months. This is due to Withywindle being the current recommended server. As others have already indicated, the starter area's are pretty busy. These were pretty busy a few months ago as well, and these players are now in the mid-level area's; Evendim mostly, followed most likely by Forochel. North Downs, Trollshaws, Misty mountains and Angmar are usually avoided, safe for the epic quests.

As to compare Withywindle to other former EU servers; it's still smaller then for instance Snowbourn (comparing EN servers here). Snowbourn, from the start, has always been the largest EN server in Europe. I played there for like four years and then switched to Withywindle to start anew. I had some bad experiences on Snowbourn and it was getting a bit to crowded for my taste. So I moved to Withy.

Now withy is crowded... Sometimes you can just log in becouse server is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldalas View Post
    Now withy is crowded... Sometimes you can just log in becouse server is full.
    that message is somewhat deceptive. It just means there are some technical issues with logging in and has not much to do with the server being full. Or so I've heard in other threads.

Hmmm mayby you're right, mayby thats coincidence but still it usually happens on most popular hours for european. I hope your right and they fix technical issues.

Heya

Withy's population has risen dramatically over the past year or so. Most of us who have been on the server from it's early days are from Europe, since it is a former Codemasters server. (Before the whole merge thing back in June 2011)
    It is quite crowded at the moment.
    The population is kinda mixed between us 'oldies' and the new people from the US and around the world who see that the server is recommended at the moment.
    It has always been a nice quiet little server with many good folk around
    PvP is steady and slow, i reckon it can be quite lonely and empty for the people across the pond when they come to play at their 'prime time' which i reckon is around 18:00 But on Withy it's already past midnight.

Stop by and have a look around ^^ See if you fancy it.