We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Making movies, Making music and Fighting round the world

Can i ask who was your leader? and the lag was very bad but good fights sometime this week
    Ratkill-R15
    Razgi-R12
    Legion Of Lost Souls [Evennight]

That was Faeri leading iirc.
    First Marshal Areya. Hobbit Minstrel - Eldar.
    Kinship - The Illuminati.

Quote Originally Posted by Areya121 View Post
    That was Faeri leading iirc.
    Ah, ok thanks.
    Ratkill-R15
    Razgi-R12

Epic?

Epic Eldar style Zergfest it was, steamrolling with 40+ (on track) freeps.
    The end is here, the ring is gone. I could not help it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by botoo View Post
    Epic?

Epic Eldar style Zergfest it was, steamrolling with 40+ (on track) freeps.
    looks like in there side it was lol but not creeps Bring in the QQ!
    Ratkill-R15
    Razgi-R12

That frame rate really ties the action together.

I don't always eat cake, but when I do, it's delicious.

9. May 31 2013, 08:23 AM

[QUOTE=pakastevihannes;6807849]That frame rate really ties the action together.

Was that irony or did you mean it? :P
    My first video so i need advice.

Quote Originally Posted by pakastevihannes View Post
    That frame rate really ties the action together.

Was that irony or did you mean it? :P
    My first video so i need advice.
    Nice vid Blacknel, decent quality too. But I would be remiss to not offer a counter....

So here's another, from a big fight that occurred 3 days later. Blindings raid was virtually full, there was a other smaller group around us also, and a few soloers. All in all, maybe 35 creeps here, facing some 40+ freeps that besieged us at Lug gy. But sieges do not last forever...

Also check out the mega-lag. Don't know what its like for freeps these days, but this is what its like creepside, for all of us, night after night!

(best watched at 720p HD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajgyoajEZqU

That looks like FPS lag for u Uzfang, not server/internet lag, maybe you should turn of all those special effects in options.

Thanks Areya. But it doesn't actually make much difference. I've tried running with the lowest possible graphics settings and there is no marked improvement. After sharing this vid I have heard many comments from other creeps that yes, they experience this too, so I am not alone.

Whilst server lag certainly compounds the problem witnessed here, its all the many buffs, debuffs, DoTs and effects on a given target that destroys FPS performance and creates this lag. As such, there's not much one can do about it :/

Yea i dont tend to have that much lag, but as im healing, and if i click on a freep that has 6-7 lines of buffs/debuffs, i will lag for 2-3 seconds before i can do anything

Indeed, this lag is never quite as bad if I'm healing on my Warleader or Defiler. It really boils down to what your target is. If you are grouped (and not the Rat) you can still hit your target if you select the main Rat and target through them instead (check Target forwarding I think it is, in the Options). It is not an ideal method I've found, but it does help in reducing the lag.

For a DPS class it can be bad out there atm, especially if you're fighting a Warden. Add stance dancing and gear swapping to the equation and the fight can almost completely grind to a halt.

The Warden issue in particular really needs to be addressed by Turbine. I'm sure Wardens themselves experience some degree of lag that their own class mechanics create, so it's not good for either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyndor View Post

For a DPS class it can be bad out there atm, especially if you're fighting a Warden. Add stance dancing and gear swapping to the equation and the fight can almost completely grind to a halt.

The Warden issue in particular really needs to be addressed by Turbine. I'm sure Wardens themselves experience some degree of lag that their own class mechanics create, so it's not good for either side.
    Not really a Warden issue... It's the amount of debuffs/dots being put on the Warden until they finally die. Same thing happens when a cappy is using last stand. It's just a lot more noticeable with a Warden, since they die slowly every time...

Yeh I think you're right there Vroom. The same is witnessed when fighting one of the bosses, such as in Dof or just a regular Captain General in one of the keeps.

But it didn't used to be this bad. In a normal craid take down of a CG for instance, you can often see as many as 6 or even 7 rows of DoTs/debuffs on the target as he goes down. But the lag never used to be as bad as it is right now. Not by a long way.