We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Character Transfers

Lotro SUPPOSEDLY offers character transfers. The service has been down for close to half a year now. I have a toon stuck on a server I don't want to be on. I moved that toon there in good faith with the understanding that I'd be able to move others. Shortly there after the service went down.
    My question to you Turbine, is are you going to bring the service back up or not? I have 2 months invested in that toon. If you aren't bringing the service back, just say so and I'll move on and create another. How about a straight answer...

I understand your frustration. Premium services were suspended on March 5, 2013 which is a little over 3 months no where near six months. Six months would be September.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Putting aside the less important fact of it being 3 months rather than 6 months of inoperability, the question itself is valid and an answer would be most welcome.
    Last edited by Vovo; Jun 09 2013 at 11:22 PM.
    Ready with my club, when I'm not fishing!

Time transfers must be up

Simple question
    Why arent the transfers stil not up?
    When is it maybe coming up?

Can Turbine answer This fairly simple questions ?

Thx
    Last edited by Golhebron; Jun 22 2013 at 07:01 AM.

´what is now with the char transfer??

why Turbine not ask with us????

Close to four months ago Turbine posted this sticky in this section of the forums http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...d-at-this-time

CarpeNoctem View Profile
    Request Friendship
    Send Message
    Find User Posts
    Find User Threads

Turbine Customer Support Online status: Reputation:

New Paid Service Requests cannot be Submitted at this time

At this time new Paid Service requests for LOTRO cannot be submitted due to the recent billing maintenance and high volume. This includes Character Transfers, Undeletes and Kinship Renames. All Paid Services that are already in the queue will be processed in the order they were received.

We are excited about some big improvements to Paid Service requests in the near future! More details to come on this.

This thread will be updated when Paid Service requests can be submitted again. We apologize for the inconvenience.

There endeth the quote!

In the nearly four months that Paid Services have been down, people have been asking the same question the OP posed. Turbine has remained quiet on the subject, although several people have offered hypotheses to explain the delay. However these people are players, not Turbine representatives, so nobody knows what is going on.

What is known is that Turbine is excited about big improvements to Paid Services in the near future! What these improvements are remain a mystery since not a word has been spoken regarding them. Nor is the level of excitement. Are we talking hiring a sky writer to proclaim their love of the new improvements excitement or pop open a can of Red Bull and raise a toast the poster of Ian McKellen in the break room excitement?

What has become even more disturbing to me, along with the frustration of not being able to transfer characters (who by the way I had been prepping for the move when the announcement was made) is that as time goes by, the number of people who wish to purchase a Paid Service is going to grow. That will most likely create a backlog, creating an even longer delay for players trying to get things taken care of.

I have my fingers crossed a (only part of the time since I need to use them to do things like eat and put on mascara) that one of the improvements will be an automation of character transfers so that the process can move swiftly and not be subject to having a person available to do it. However, even if that is one of the improvements, that doesn't change the fact that Turbine's sudden withdrawl of the Paid Services and continued lack of them demonstrate poor customer service.
    All that glitters is not gold, but if it is, I call dibs on it.

Why would they need to cancel the service in order to improve it? You'd think they could continue the service and introduce their "improvements".

8. Jul 05 2013, 06:50 PM

9. Jul 08 2013, 11:54 AM

10. Jul 08 2013, 02:49 PM

I'm waiting to do a character undelete. My fault initially, I shouldn't have rage deleted my main man. The only reason I intended to come back was because I found out about this service. Then I found out it wasn't available. Thing is I'm not subscribing unless I can get him back. And the longer the wait is, the less likely I am going to be inclined to pay to get him back. I'll get sick of waiting, especially when the PS4 arrives.

To take away these services is very odd. To not even give an indication of when they will come back is even odder.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e000000016353/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Oh look! News of a sort!

Yesterday 01:12 PM#1

CarpeNoctem View Profile
    Request Friendship
    Send Message
    Find User Posts
    Find User Threads

Turbine Customer Support Online status: Reputation:

Kinship Renames are Available again!

We are pleased to announce that Kinship renames are again available. Previously, players had to pay $12.95, €11.49, £9.95 or 1550TP for these renames, but there will no longer be a cost associated with them! These will be offered free to players who are either VIP, or Premium players have purchased Turbine Points within the last 45 days.

To submit a Kinship rename request, the Kinship leader will need to submit an In-Game support ticket by pressing Esc while logged in, and then going to the Help options.

We don't yet have an ETA on when Character undeletes and transfers will be available again. We will post any announcements about them as soon as we have them.

Once again, there endeth the quote.

Oh goodie! Now all those people who have been clamoring for Kinship renames will finally be able to make all their dreams come true! I think I may ask my Kinship leader to change the name of our group just because he can! I even have some suggestions, like Terribly Disappointed and The Near Future Is More Than Four Months Away!

Really? This is what the Customer Service team decided to address first? There have been multiple threads about character transfers and undeletes and they have been totally ignored. It would have been a nice if when this debacle started they had told us that it was going to take more than a fiscal quarter (at least) to fix. Some of us might have made other choices, rather than waking up each morning for the last four months and thinking, "Today is the day!"

Because you know, after a certain point, it goes from Paid Services not being available to Paid Services no longer existing, except for one, which makes it Paid Service.
    All that glitters is not gold, but if it is, I call dibs on it.

we want servertransfer
    have again and do not rename clan!!

give us please the chance to change the servers , we are waiting like 4 Months!!!!

It really seems turbine hates money. This is a much bigger issue that I think they realize. I'm in the position where I absolutely hate my server, it's dead and there's hardly anyone ever doing anything, I don't like that so I really want to transfer to brandywine. But I can't, and I'm not going to continue playing on that server because there's not much to do, but I really don't feel like making a brand new character on bandywine when all I want to play is my warden.

Had I been able to transfer I would've bought RoR, and I would've continued my subscription. Right off the gate that's $95 I'm not spending (transfer, expansion, 3 month sub). Then there's RoR pre order and future subs, maybe a TP pack or two as well... But now I've pretty much just lost interest since I have to play on a dead server or make a new character. I'm already subscribed to EVE at this point. I Just wonder how many people are in a similar situation, all that lost revenue.
    Last edited by Death-Ranger610; Jul 11 2013 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Death-Ranger610 View Post
    It really seems turbine hates money. This is a much bigger issue that I think they realize. I'm in the position where I absolutely hate my server, it's dead and there's hardly anyone ever doing anything, I don't like that so I really want to transfer to brandywine. But I can't, and I'm not going to continue playing on that server because there's not much to do, but I really don't feel like making a brand new character on bandywine when all I want to play is my warden.

Had I been able to transfer I would've bought RoR, and I would've continued my subscription. Right off the gate that's $95 I'm not spending (transfer, expansion, 3 month sub). Then there's RoR pre order and future subs, maybe a TP pack or two as well... But now I've pretty much just lost interest since I have to play on a dead server or make a new character. I'm already subscribed to EVE at this point. I Just wonder how many people are in a similar situation, all that lost revenue.

I've been in exactly this boat since they turned off Char Transfers. There's $150+ since our situations are not quite identical (I have a lifetime Sub)
    Sholeh

is there any updates on this? Turbine were supposed to have done something about it a few weeks back. Really need to move my characters from a diminishing server.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuttlebut View Post
    is there any updates on this? Turbine were supposed to have done something about it a few weeks back. Really need to move my characters from a diminishing server.
    Yes, please, I am looking into some updates. Any news... since I can't just rep the previous poster anymore.

Transfering back to a server still don't work

I was originally on Nimrodel. Want on Landroval but most of my friends remained on Nimrodel. So, I want to go back but this seems to still don't work. Something about the ghost of my toons being still on the server, preventing them to go back.

I could transfer my new toons created on Landroval to Nimrodel but not the one's orginally created on Nimrodel.

For me, it's all my toons or nothing. Hope this will be fixed soon.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b00000009ec2b/01001/signature.png]Nainportant[/charsig]