We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    All added.

I have a piece of bad news. We have no sizes larger than XL. All of the 2xls appear to have moved to undisclosed locations. So I'm bringing 4 XL sweatshirts instead.

Sorry all, I thought we had a handful of them left over.

And now looking at this epic box 'o stuff, I realize I must sacrifice aircraft to allow for enough space in the car. The sacrifices I make...
    Last edited by Sapience; Jul 02 2013 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    All added.

I have a piece of bad news. We have no sizes larger than XL. All of the 2xls appear to have moved to undisclosed locations. So I'm bringing 4 XL sweatshirts instead.

Sorry all, I thought we had a handful of them left over.

And now looking at this epic box 'o stuff, I realize I must sacrifice aircraft to allow for enough space in the car. The sacrifices I make...
    I've only been to Buffalo, NY once in my life (business). We visited the falls and the Anchor Bar. The Anchor Bar claims to be the inventor of the original buffalo chicken wings and sauce.

Somehow I never expected it to be raided by Hobbits, Elves and Dwarves!!

Hope you have a great time!!

I wonder how many people would turn up if we leaked a rumor that it is really a secret meeting of the player council <evil grin>
    May the winds of fortune sail you,
    May you sail a gentle sea.
    May it always be the other guy
    Who says, "this drink's on me."

Quote Originally Posted by SavinDwarf View Post
    I've only been to Buffalo, NY once in my life (business). We visited the falls and the Anchor Bar. The Anchor Bar claims to be the inventor of the original buffalo chicken wings and sauce.

Somehow I never expected it to be raided by Hobbits, Elves and Dwarves!!

Hope you have a great time!!

I wonder how many people would turn up if we leaked a rumor that it is really a secret meeting of the player council <evil grin>
    There is actually 1 player on the list from the council.

I've never been to the Anchor bar, but been to Buffalo many times. So this should be interesting.

I'd love to be there... but it would be an eight hour drive. Both ways. In holiday weekend traffic.

I really, really had to think hard about whether to come anyway. Have fun, take pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivan View Post
    I'd love to be there... but it would be an eight hour drive. Both ways. In holiday weekend traffic.

I really, really had to think hard about whether to come anyway. Have fun, take pictures!
    No excuse! I'ts 7.5 hours for me

[QUOTE=Sapience;6837511]There is actually 1 player on the list from the council.
    [QUOTE]

Now you've gone and done it LOL!! The conspiracy theorists will bug the place for sure ...
    May the winds of fortune sail you,
    May you sail a gentle sea.
    May it always be the other guy
    Who says, "this drink's on me."

Out of curiosity, what is the reservation under? Although I'm sure a bunch of LOTRO players huddled together will stand out a little bit :P
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000009f277/01008/signature.png]Shinigamiduo[/charsig]
    [img]https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1cbdkd4o1545cdj/I2zWmcr7sx[/img]
    Got fusion?

The reservation is under my name but I will be there early just in case. I'm hoping for a sign with an arrow or two
    but I'm not sure what they will have in place. I will make sure that if anyone says they are from Lord of the Rings
    you will be directed to the correct area.
    Last edited by Llvhearthen; Jul 05 2013 at 04:00 PM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    No excuse! I'ts 7.5 hours for me
    hah, well, it would only be 30 minutes for me, but I never bothered to get a passport, so I can't make it

Quote Originally Posted by Llvhearthen View Post
    The reservation is under my name but I will be there early just in case. I'm hoping for a sign with an arrow or two
    but I'm not sure what they will have in place. I will make sure that if anyone says they are from Lord of the Rings
    you will be directed to the correct area.
    Awesome I look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000009f277/01008/signature.png]Shinigamiduo[/charsig]
    [img]https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1cbdkd4o1545cdj/I2zWmcr7sx[/img]
    Got fusion?

Just an FYI, I was looking at Anchor Bar's website and it says "NO SEPARATE CHECKS". It sounds like we'll all need cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Charissa. View Post
    Just an FYI, I was looking at Anchor Bar's website and it says "NO SEPARATE CHECKS". It sounds like we'll all need cash.
    In that case, I strongly suggest everyone bring cash (hey you were bringing a couple bucks for Extra Life anyway right? ) so we don't end up trying to figure out who we have to sell off to cover the bill.

Dear lord, Sapience, please don't ever say 'swag' again. hahah
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

I'm probably going to get there a bit early and have dinner. Anyone care to join me?
    "He is surer of finding the way home in a blind night than the cats of Queen Berúthiel."
    QOC means Queen of Cats :) (formerly known as BeruthielQOC)

Tables will be ready at eight. At bar currently.
    Last edited by Llvhearthen; Jul 06 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Awesome time :)

Sapience and Llvhearthen than you for putting this on. It was fantastic and fun! I hope you will put together another Meetup in the future!!

The 3 hours went by... really fast!! Of course the swag was great -- but I really enjoyed my conversations with my fellow LOTRO fans. Especially my Brandywine Brethren & Sistren! But you Canadian Vilya folk (wait, what server?)... not so sure about ya'll... just kidding - you guys were awesome

And it was cool to meet one of the Player Council! And from my home server no doubt

LOTRO for life!

p.s. I was goof who did the Sword Salute w/ a Butter Knife (+10 damage to bread-folk) for the Riders of Rohan Soundtrack!
    LIONS of JUDAH
    Christian Kinship :: Founded March 2007
    Tane.CAPTAIN - Woodchuck.WARDEN
    LIFETIME FOUNDER

Thanks to everyone who showed up tonight it was a great time! Getting to see people willingly perform the Hobbit /laugh as well as /swordsalute and /flirt with a /swoon response was worth the trip!

Buffalo can now put down a "win" (hey, if your sports teams can't pull it off...) as tonight we riased $457 for Extra life! That's more than Boston PAX East and Orlando COMBINED. By about $50!

A special thank you to Llvhearthen for putting it together and making sure the Anchor bar understood what it was in for. We had our own room and plenty of space for everyone including those who showed up at the last minute. I believe our final tally was over 50. A super turn out that made me very happy because it means I'm not hauling a ton of stuff back to Boston!

Thanks to everyone who came out. LOTRO truly has the best community in all of gaming. You guys absolutely rock!
    Last edited by Sapience; Jul 07 2013 at 12:39 AM.

Had an awesome night last night guys. (I'm the guy who did the hobbit /laugh) One issue sapience: our free TP cards arn't working! getting an error: The Game Card you entered is not valid for use. If you believe this is an error, please contact Turbine Customer Service by visiting support.turbine.com. Not that I'm complaining however, free points are free points!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000180ad3/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by nimninthiel View Post
    Had an awesome night last night guys. (I'm the guy who did the hobbit /laugh) One issue sapience: our free TP cards arn't working! getting an error: The Game Card you entered is not valid for use. If you believe this is an error, please contact Turbine Customer Service by visiting support.turbine.com. Not that I'm complaining however, free points are free points!
    I just tried this after you mentioned it Nimninthiel - they indeed don't work! It's strange. Because the "Store" recognizes the card as a 250 point card, but refuses to add it. Here is a screenshot of what is happening.

http://i.imgur.com/J9x6Ffn.jpg
    LIONS of JUDAH
    Christian Kinship :: Founded March 2007
    Tane.CAPTAIN - Woodchuck.WARDEN
    LIFETIME FOUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by FatMagic View Post
    I just tried this after you mentioned it Nimninthiel - they indeed don't work! It's strange. Because the "Store" recognizes the card as a 250 point card, but refuses to add it. Here is a screenshot of what is happening.

http://i.imgur.com/J9x6Ffn.jpg
    Chicken...Gave me a bad coupon.

Crom laughs at your misfortune...he laughs from his mountain.

The title code has to be entered in myaccount.turbine.com
    The points in the store. If you have a problem with the point code, send me a PM.

And you just passed through Syracuse...

I only learned about this after the fact. Very long and annoying drive out to Buffalo from here (I always get stuck behind farm equipment. Literally every time.) It would've been fun to go anyway. I personally think you guys should stay overnight in the Oneida Lake region, or just south of Syracuse on your next trip out to Buffalo. Lots of beautiful waterways and scenic venues to explore with the family. You haven't experienced nature until you've seen bald eagles fish, a heron taking care of its nest, a falcon take a bird out in mid air, or catch a monster like fish. Also I could think of many amazing places to have a meet up. If you need any extra reason to come, we have a few small businesses with Tolkien inspired names and one of the largest malls east of the Mississippi.

P.S. If I knew about your vacation before hand, I would have offered to show you some the best, yet least known about fishing spots near Buffalo. (If you can't tell, I like fishing. Too bad I've been staying home with my pregnant fiance and not fishing more.)

Thanks to all those who helped put this event together, both from Turbine and locally! Everyone was really friendly, and we had a really great time chatting and hanging out. (Also, we were really blown away by the amount of swag that was given out.)

We should totally make this an annual event: "One Wing to Rule Them All"

I would love to know what questions were asked & answered...

I would like to say its been a long time since I've had so much fun. I had a blast and I'm
    hoping that everyone else did too. Looking forward to the next one so I can attempt to go
    for the Longest Traveled.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast