We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

European kinship

Hi guys and girls thanks for visiting my post. Basically im looking to find out some information and maybe create a buzz. So brief history about myself. Im a long term wow player and hardcore guild owner. I recently decided to pack it in for certain reasons relating to the game. But i wont discuss them here. Basically im for starting my own kinship. Being from europe im interested in some hardcore players who would like to help me set up a core. Altho i understand it will be a challenge to get set up and also to get growing. Im just wondering if there is currently any people on this server that look over the forums that would have some interest in this adventure. My aim is to build this kin into something semi hardcore. Friendly group of players that are interested in helping out one another, completeing end game content and are willing to share their knowledge. This is not to say im wanting to rule out our american allies on the server. Im just after some players i would consider dedicated and loyal. Thanks for taking the time to have a look over my thread. If interested or have any other questions for me id be happy to discuss on here or discuss privately on my vent channel
    Thanks again
    Last edited by MirkwoodsFinest87; Jun 12 2013 at 07:48 PM.

Guys after doing some exstensive research i've decided to go ahead with my plan. Im working on developing a fully intergrated interactive site for the kin and also a nice phone app to accompany it. So the recruitment phase has begun. Give me a shout if interested. I currently have trial spots for developing my officer core. If you think you have what it takes give me a shout.
    Much love

You forgot to say:

- Name of the kinship.
    - Expected timezone to be online.
    - How to contact you inside the game.

I will also advice you about how Lotro can interact with such as Phone apps. Well... it can't. Lua plugins is the only stuff we can use inside the game and they don't support neither to get data or send data to outside of the game (websites/apps).
    Nevertheless, you can set your own teamspeak/forum/website to interact with other members of the kinship, but i want to make sure that you understand there is no way to get data from the game. The only data we can get right now it comes from the Lorebook, which is discontinued in the new forum version of Lotro (less than a month) and also from the API (which makes me thing that sites like AltFinder won't work anymore).

All that said, i'm not interested, but i hope this post helps you with your project, take care.
    Saelyth is not forgotten...

Well magol thank you for your input. I appreciate the feedback. Altho i would like to say im disappointed with this information as we done this previously with wow, nether the less it doesnt deter me from creating a successfull kinship. This is not to say i will be scraping my site or the phone app. Altho it wont be integrated into the game im still focused on creating an interesting form of kinship management.
    The name of the kinship will be : mirkwoods finest
    Semi hardcore kin, as im seeing majority causual kind. im yet to see anything other than that.
    As for time zone that is still to be confirmed. As much as i would like to make it fully european. I believe it will be an incredible task to what i would assume judging by my research this far, that the server is majority run by mostly an american player level.
    Ive mainly been playing a warden of recent so if you're looking to get in contact please direct in-game questions to function. Thanks again

If you are looking to play with more Europeans, why not pick a former EU server??

Would recomend Eldar, Laurelin(RP) or snowbourn.
    These are also old servers, wich has more experienced raiders..(not to say that Riddermark is bad tho, there are alot of good players here)
    Last edited by Amrodnir; Jun 16 2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Eldar: Amrodnir 85 HNT, Gimlikhad 85 RK, Gabiwith 85 Burg, Earendili 85 Champ
    Gilrain: Kimwyne lvl85 warden,Kimiriel 85 Minst, Kimlikhad 85 HNT
    Riddermark: Kimwyn 85 Guard

i didn't realize that there was actual European servers. I just assumed majority of the servers were mixed. I guess to an extent this comment is true but i mean i didn't think there was servers dedicated to certain continents. I shall investigate thanks for the tips dude or dudette. Much appreciated

After the game went F2P in 2010 the EU servers where migrated over to Turbine.(we used to have servers in EU that was ran by Codemaster)
    If you play at Normal times during the day im sure you have noticed Riddermark beeing pretty dead when you are online.
    Peak times on EU servers are 7-8 PM GMT while it's 1-2 AM GMT on the US servers

Having spent some time on most EU servers im gonna try and list them in an order that reflects population and raiding activity

Eldar: Used to be one of the biggest servers, but have been pretty far down the launcher list since migration. Wich results in few new players, but then again alot of veterans. This is also my main server, wich ive been on since launch. ( the server also have quite a few world 1st raid completion by the excelent raid kin The Mellowship, note that this was back when the raids where fun and challenging )

Laurelin (RP) is one of the largest servers in the game and also the only one that is a pure RP server (US server Landroval is only RP encouraged, id recomend making a low level char there and visit the Weatherstock at July 20th, it is the biggest player driven arrangement in the game)

Snowbourn (pretty much the same as Eldar, probably a bit bigger)

Gilrain ( small population but friendly and helpful)

Evernight: One of the smaller servers

Withywindle: This server was just as Riddermark created when the game went F2P is considerd to have fairly big popultation, but bad(?) Raiding community.

As for PvP i dont do that so i really don't know how it is. (probably just camping GV)
    PS
    There are also German and French servers( cant remember names)
    I think one of the German servers is the biggest in the entire game. (even bigger than Elendilmir)

Edit:
    Just have to add that Riddermark is an awesome server with lots of nice people, in some ways the glff is like a big kin, very unlike other servers.
    I don't spend much time there anymore, as i have returned to normal working hours again
    Last edited by Amrodnir; Jun 18 2013 at 02:29 AM.
    Eldar: Amrodnir 85 HNT, Gimlikhad 85 RK, Gabiwith 85 Burg, Earendili 85 Champ
    Gilrain: Kimwyne lvl85 warden,Kimiriel 85 Minst, Kimlikhad 85 HNT
    Riddermark: Kimwyn 85 Guard