We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al. View Post
    Minas Tirith and the Tower of the Sun
    This picture is fantastic! Not one of your own though, right? Where can someone purchas posters like these?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSpiers View Post
    This picture is fantastic! Not one of your own though, right? Where can someone purchas posters like these?
    Actually Im making this images some advertising so yes its my thought, you can purchase all great images like these from:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Books/s?ie=U...ATed%20Nasmith
    or
    http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fiel...ATed%20Nasmith

Faramir letting Frodo go to Mordor, becoming better than his brother.

Champion of Gondor, relaxed fit. Gondorian Virtues
    Last edited by Al.; Nov 14 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Gondor Scout, Delivering messages, news, and other errands.

Lament of winds, Faramir finding his brother in the boat that carried him in the rauros.
    Last edited by Al.; Nov 21 2013 at 10:19 PM.

Aragorn placing Boromir in route to Gondor.
    Really thinking that's Faramir finding Boromir's boat...
    And credit where credit's due, for it's really not that hard:
    Anke Eißmann, The funeral-boat of Boromir

The earlier picture of Frodo meeting Faramir and his rangers is the same lady's handiwork, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeross View Post
    Really thinking that's Faramir finding Boromir's boat...
    And credit where credit's due, for it's really not that hard:
    Anke Eißmann, The funeral-boat of Boromir

The earlier picture of Frodo meeting Faramir and his rangers is the same lady's handiwork, too.
    First Thanks for adding the credit to the artist. and yes that is in fact Faramir seeing Boromir my mistake.
    EDIT**
    Last edited by Al.; Nov 24 2013 at 09:50 PM.

Symbol of Gondor by Margaret Hardy

http://masteroflore.wordpress.com/20...12/for-gondor/
    Last edited by Al.; Dec 04 2013 at 07:58 PM.

Gondor town envisioned by Tolkien //////////////////////////// Argonath Art design by LOTRO

Denethor empowering Pippin. /////////////////////////////////////////// Heavy Cavalry of Gondor
    Last edited by Al.; Nov 21 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Gondorian archers
    Last edited by Al.; Nov 24 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Gondor Arch-Nemesis, Harad Troops dressed for combat.

Last edited by Al.; Nov 24 2013 at 01:27 PM.

Ted Nasmith, Full view of Minas tirith

Donato Giancola Gondor-----------------------------Boromir by Donato Gaincola

Donato Giancola Gondor-----------------------------Boromir by Donato Gaincola
    I see your research is as scrupulous as always, the one on the left is Minas Tirith by John Howe
    “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
    - Will Rogers

Als' "images" prompted me to search for a reference by JRRT that the edain were clean shaven and always dressed for dinner, but I couldn't find any reference to the lack of beards thing, did I imagine it?, it was one of my beefs with Peter Jacksons films but maybe my beef was baseless?.
    "Of course I am the only elf in the village"

Quote Originally Posted by Morthaur View Post
    Als' "images" prompted me to search for a reference by JRRT that the edain were clean shaven and always dressed for dinner, but I couldn't find any reference to the lack of beards thing, did I imagine it?, it was one of my beefs with Peter Jacksons films but maybe my beef was baseless?.
    Edain, not so much. They were the three houses of the "high men", Men who gained the honorific because they came to West, to Beleriand and allied themselves with the elves.
    However, amongst them there were instances of beardlessness, or weak hairgrowth.
    Consider Drúedain, for example.

You might be (mis)remembering The Unfinished Tales, though, for in that book there's this comment:
    "In a note written in December 1972 or later, and among the last writings of my father's on the subject of Middle-earth, there is a discussion of the Elvish strain in Men, as to its being observable in the beardlessness of those who were so descended (it was a characteristic of all Elves to be beardless); and it is here noted in connection with the princely house of Dol Amroth that "this line had a special Elvish strain, according to its own legends" (with a reference to the speeches between Legolas and Imrahil in The Return of the King V 9, cited above)."

Turbine seems to to have the idea that Dúnedain are beardless; do we have anyone but Halbarad and Saeradan, Aragorn with his permant five o'clock shadow, with even a suggestion of facial hair? Been a while since I've seen the Rangers, but I don't recall anyone with an actual beard.
    This is contradicted heavily by the depictions of the kingly Gondorian and Arnorian statues and Isildur, though.

Edain, not so much. They were the three houses of the "high men", Men who gained the honorific because they came to West, to Beleriand and allied themselves with the elves.
    However, amongst them there were instances of beardlessness, or weak hairgrowth.
    Consider Drúedain, for example.

You might be (mis)remembering The Unfinished Tales, though, for in that book there's this comment:
    "In a note written in December 1972 or later, and among the last writings of my father's on the subject of Middle-earth, there is a discussion of the Elvish strain in Men, as to its being observable in the beardlessness of those who were so descended (it was a characteristic of all Elves to be beardless); and it is here noted in connection with the princely house of Dol Amroth that "this line had a special Elvish strain, according to its own legends" (with a reference to the speeches between Legolas and Imrahil in The Return of the King V 9, cited above)."
    Well, this actually a debatable because there were elves like Cirdan that had beard even if uncommon, I like to think Edain had facial hair due that they were a bit more savage than elves, some though might not have any at all. here is the link to this discussion in other fórum:http://scifi.stackexchange.com/quest...ard-in-tolkien

Well, this actually a debatable because there were elves like Cirdan that had beard even if uncommon-
    Exception proves the rule; that Círdan and Mahtan are the only named elves with beards doesn't invalidate the rule that in general, elves were beardless.
    Besides which, Tolkien was quite fond...revision... especially in regards to anything Quendian...

Similarly, I think, it could be argued that in general, Men had beards. Elros and people akin to him are the exception, as are the Drúedain.
    And that's not even taking into consideration the whims and fancies of fashion...

Exception proves the rule; that Círdan and Mahtan are the only named elves with beards doesn't invalidate the rule that in general, elves were beardless.
    Besides which, Tolkien was quite fond...revision... especially in regards to anything Quendian...

Similarly, I think, it could be argued that in general, Men had beards. Elros and people akin to him are the exception, as are the Drúedain.
    And that's not even taking into consideration the whims and fancies of fashion...
    I know, Cirdan was a exceptional elf, but I used that example to prove other point, Men with elvish blood can have beards.

I know tolkien never described aragorn as a bearded guy, but unintentionally said he was an outdoor ranger and that image gives people then notion he had a beard, Argonath too its on peoples mind.

Boromir's Last Stand by Magali Villeneuve
    Last edited by Al.; Dec 04 2013 at 07:55 PM.

Battle of Pelennor Fields by Andrzej Grzechnik

Ted Nasmith White tower of the Sun, Minas tirith.

I think the biggest thing is going to get Minas Tirith down perfect, you can fudge other things but that is going to be a huge hub and I expect we will spend a lot of time there. I want to be able to ride all the way up to the top at least once, with at least two stable master, no trip cost. If they pull it off it will be epic

Here are some pictures

Some lighting effects thru the clouds would be awesome, exp if as you progress thru the epic story line the dark clouds from mordor get closer and closer

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast