We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Isn't there a way to limit the size of the signature image within the program itself? I have had times on other forums where I tried an image and it would come back and say too large, not acceptable. Why can't that be done on this forum?

It's sad that you have to punish everyone for just a percentage of the folks who don't know the guideline or don't care. I would find that most of the ppl would be compliant if given a chance. Especially here in the Lotro forums. Still, punishing all for the infractions of the few. It's so much like kindergarten school type of punishment.
    Moved from Nimrodel to Arkenstone!
    Do unto others as you would have others do unto you! Pew-Pew-Pew!
    Kinship member of Arnor's Legacy

At least two people posting in this thread have signatures that break the signature guidelines.
    [CENTER][SIZE="4"]♔[/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]-----------------------------------------------------------
    Tarkrîp Chief says, ''I'll have your heart.''
    -----------------------------------------------------------[/CENTER]

I'm ok with this

I don't pay any attention to signature images at all. Except that sometimes they make it more challenging to read the forum because of such profuse eye candy. It's too easy to end up with people having similar images so it makes more sense to identify their posts by their names. Hence, images are in most cases just individual visual vanity fluff. If you want to allow them, that's fine. Keep them small, and off to the side so they don't create screen clutter, please.

i cant change or do anything to my signature since the last forum update
    i m stuck with the link vote for Sapy well i don't mind about but wanna do some changing
    i believe it has something to do with the signature permissions, some of them are disabled, why?
    i really don't know what to do if anyone can help pls
    tks
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Quote Originally Posted by Duathrandir View Post
    Yeah, I liked the custom avatars too. Why'd they go away?
    I'd much rather have a customized avatar than an image in a signature. I made a signature (that isn't very good), but if I could have had my own image in the avatar, I'd have been perfectly happy with a line or two of text in the sig.

Ok, well, now that I know my limits. I kept trying to find sig rules but they were hiding. :P Now I get to figure out how to stick all 8 of my characters on one sig, or if I just want my hobbit....

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.Preston View Post
    May I inquire, "Why?" Is there a specific reason or reasons for the no animated images in sigs?
    It can be quite taxing on browsers if you see a page with 50 forum posts, and 30 of them have an animated gif in their signature. Many of them are actually quite annoying too.... usually the owner finds them epic and funny, but the reality is the rest of us generally don't.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I guess you don't have to worry about my sig in this thread, because it won't show it. mwhaahaa! Of course, my next goal is to merge my display names into one under my main's name...since everyone knows me as Kynta and my hunter took a back seat. :P At least I fit all my alts into one sig...and my Minstrel's Warsteed gets to show up now. heehee

*needs to shut up and go to bed...*

EDIT after posting.
    Oh, it works now...weird...
    [center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/cynte/kinship_stuff/lotro-sig.png[/IMG][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Melanuial View Post
    I guess you don't have to worry about my sig in this thread, because it won't show it. mwhaahaa! Of course, my next goal is to merge my display names into one under my main's name...since everyone knows me as Kynta and my hunter took a back seat. :P At least I fit all my alts into one sig...and my Minstrel's Warsteed gets to show up now. heehee

*needs to shut up and go to bed...*

EDIT after posting.
    Oh, it works now...weird...
    this is a nice sig
    pretty plz gime the link to make one for me
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, over 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and Subleader, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Lol I made it myself, actually. Wanted something that screamed LotRO. :P If I had the skills I would make a online maker for it but sadly Flash and I don't get a long very well...
    [center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/cynte/kinship_stuff/lotro-sig.png[/IMG][/center]

Question *.gift

Hello.

Can I use gifts in my signature?
    Viva La Puebla de Hijar (Teruel) que es la mejor.

12. Nov 19 2013, 06:09 PM

13. Jan 02 2014, 09:15 PM

Edit: Oops, posted in wrong thread. :P

How do I set a signature? The forums have changed alot since I was posting and had one. I really want to set one again thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by Kunixp View Post
    How do I set a signature? The forums have changed alot since I was posting and had one. I really want to set one again thanks much
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    :: Lhinnthel :: Laerelwen :: Wrenlhin :: Avlina :: Briare :: Iaroel... and many more (=
    Far Apart, Never Alone!

i like how this rule has not been enforced ..i mean ..there's people out there with huge animated images as signatures .....so much space wasting
    Ascension-Arkenstone :
    Third Marshal Finarfintook Minstrel
    Fire Rk Finarjul r10 & Finwetook r7 burg
    Creeps: Finsnightmare r8 defiler/ Finscreep r5 rvr

maartena is offline The Wise
    Drinks Coffee All Day
    Quote Originally Posted by MithrilMinded View Post
    i like how this rule has not been enforced ..i mean ..there's people out there with huge animated images as signatures .....so much space wasting
    Yeah, I had to add the "straight out of Archet" guy to my ignore list. He may have had interesting things to say, but I would rather not see them then to look at that huge screen filling picture all the time.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" and "In The Near Future™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the words, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™", "Near", and "Future" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3