We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

buh bye rank farmers

O this was the greatest thing to see this morning when i woke up. I know that is sad and all but dont judge me!
    I never thought i would see the day that they say they will crack down on people farming rank in the moors.
    No more greenie trains leaving grams station.
    Freeps "The Company"
    Creeps "Panty Raid"

HAHA

HAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

-Brit-
    "I think we've seen historically that...the serious gamers are much more stable, and they're going to be around for a long time..." Sid Meier

Wanna know how to fix problem/complaint without actually fixing a problem/complaint?

Removed the means to track the problem/complaint then say you're fixing it.
    "...FF is still the best server period, its like the Texas of Lotro"-Bace

My reply to *********:

Kinda silly giving me an infraction for "calling out" someone for doing something they, themselves have acknowledge publicly and have no issue doing. The only person that could possible be insulted by my post is "Hogpoker" who has no issues with doing what he was doing. I passed no judgment on him and his "actions in game" in my post nor was it insulting to anyone other than maybe Turbine. If Turbine is insult by the fact they allowed this to go on for so long under the ridiculous excuse of "we can't track it" then maybe they should have done something over a year ago about the "actions in game".

LOL at you...

Originally Posted by ***********

Dear doug01,

You have received an infraction at The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums.

Reason: 4. Calling out other players. (Moderate) Calling out other players for their actions in game, or attempting to shame them for actions you deem unacceptable, will not be tolerated. If you feel someone has acted in a way that is inappropriate or violates our terms of use, please use the ‘report this post’ option or contact a GM in game to report in-game behaviors.
    -------

-------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
    Original Post:
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6890455

Originally Posted by Rohan1240 View Post

I hope the other rank 15 warg on E gets banned now, he used to be known as Farmpaws of Firefoot and rank farmed from r0-r15 then transferred to E with a name change as if no one would notice the sudden appearance of (at the time) the only rank 15 warg in the US. This player abused the system and has tarnished the achievements of anyone looking to rank a warg.
    Nope, farmfoot managed to put out another r15 warg farmer, "Hogpoker".
    He had quit a few 400k-500k infamy days this summer. Yea, Turbine had no way to track farmers...
    All the best,
    The Lord of the Rings Online™ Forums

Talk to you all in few months and remember "A vote for ******** is vote for progress! Vote today!
    Last edited by doug01; Aug 29 2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Names have been changed :D

lol @ the pvp community. No retro means that thay have 100% made it clear that it was not against the rules at the time, which vindicates Turks and Thorvion for making a permanent laughing stock out of the pvp in lotro.

Its funny, the infraction clarity now makes all those greenie spars farming.... LOL
    Connomir: Warden of Firefoots Best, Resurrection.
    95s on Farmfoot: Ramapo - Vendortrash
    Farmpaws and Thorvion forever 15, thank turbine.
    A Proud Member of the Forgotten 10%

Quote Originally Posted by 5150SPanKoNiaAss View Post
    O this was the greatest thing to see this morning when i woke up. I know that is sad and all but dont judge me!
    I never thought i would see the day that they say they will crack down on people farming rank in the moors.
    No more greenie trains leaving grams station.
    They said nothing about the trains leaving grams, only that you cant kill them, I don't see any reason why a greenie train cant leave grams, as long as they aren't being killed....

LOL at this hilarious potential loophole. Cant wait to see the train approaching TA and everyone running away afraid to be reported if they kill it.

Too Little, Too Confused, Too Late. Adios LOTRO

Quote Originally Posted by KevMcC View Post
    lol @ the pvp community. No retro means that thay have 100% made it clear that it was not against the rules at the time, which vindicates Turks and Thorvion for making a permanent laughing stock out of the pvp in lotro.
    In my opinion, such as it is lol, its more like it wasn't made clear at all due to lack of a way to enforce it. In fact it was so muddy that normal fish (ones that don't stalk the forums) needed filters on their gills.

I never noticed over the years where anyone from Turbine said anything other than it wasn't intended gameplay. However there were several comments early this year that they were looking into ways of enforcing, and that should have been a clue that it was, indeed, unintended.

There are a lot of things you can do that aren't expressly mentioned in the CoC or other areas, but that Turbine would consider a no-no, but since they couldn't have anticipated every crazy thing a player could do, they couldn't have programmed checks and balances in before launch for the majority of them.

This is also one of the ones that surely required efforts on multiple fronts to ensure that no players were falsely accused.
    Addressing the issue probably required a lot of customer service training and some technical mechanisms. I think Turbine chose to err on the side of not punishing players unfairly, and although I wish it had been a greater priority, at least we have a policy that can be enforced now.

Farming policy

Sniff!

Hahahahahhaa
    Last edited by Revontulet; Aug 29 2013 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Extra laugh

Just too little too late ,(insert grade here ) for effort after many years fly by.

I noticed a level 40 last night. It's name was Jailbait.

Yay for Swtor and EQ.

Bammy hates you all, except Khrune<3

ESO will top those

lol @ the pvp community. No retro means that thay have 100% made it clear that it was not against the rules at the time,
    Yea, like when they took those 10s of thousands of skirmish marks away from people who where exploiting the Trouble in Tuckborough skirmish? Oh wait, they didn't. Do you even think before you post? I could name about a dozen other exploits that had no retroactive action associated with them but I'm pretty sure you're already familiar with how players get away with exploiting.

Its funny, the infraction clarity now makes all those greenie spars farming.... LOL
    How about comm framing, seems their "definition" doesn't cover it. Can't really think of a more idiotic "policy" and lack of action than what they have chosen to do.
    Last edited by doug01; Aug 30 2013 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Yea, like when they took those 10s of thousands of skirmish marks away from people who where exploiting the Trouble in Tuckborough skirmish? Oh wait, they didn't. Do you even think before you post? I could name about a dozen other exploits that had no retroactive action associated with them but I'm pretty sure you're already familiar with how players get away with exploiting.

How about comm framing, seems their "definition" doesn't cover it. Can't really think of a more idiotic "policy" and lack of action than what they have chosen to do.

Sap specifically said in the farming thread, that they can't punish people for what wasn't against the rules at the time. So yes, not only do I think before I post, we now have confirmation that it was not against the rules from a turbine exec. Both firefoot rank 15s are now officially 100% legit, backed up by turbine and immortalized because they will never ever be stripped.

I LOVE that you rank babies are still upset and not made happy by this new rule, its hilarious that you guys have shown how sad you have been all this time over an icon next to someone's name.

Also, I will never respect any gaming community enough to worry about being called a farmer or exploiter by people who mean nothing to me and are just faceless posters on a forum. So as always.

LOL @ U
    Last edited by KevMcC; Aug 31 2013 at 01:58 PM.

Back to PvE Suckas

No more rank farming. What now...what now for you and your kinsmen? There is only toil in your future.

Love Des.

Crom laughs at your misfortune...he laughs from his mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
    No more rank farming. What now...what now for you and your kinsmen? There is only toil in your future.

Love Des.
    I could always kiss as much group leader ### you always did, but I guess your kin would need enough people logged in to actually group for you to kiss the leaders ###, how is it you don't know your whole kin always made fun of you behind your back. LOL

I am sure us farmers will find something to do, like me, in swtor because lotro is bad. But worry not, I shall return for helms Deep for the 7 days it is actually new and fun, and I will see you there in all your mediocre skill and glory.

Besides I barely farmed, I am still r9, I am just happy the legitimized farmed rank, its done, I am glad the rule is done, I never cared about pvp and always said if they made a rule id follow it, I am just glad that no one can call it fake rank anymore because turbine admits it wasn't against the rules.

Win.
    Last edited by KevMcC; Aug 31 2013 at 06:58 PM.

That hurts Kevin, especially coming from someone with your reputation in game and on the forums. I'll be ashamed to log in now because of the sheer level of suckiness that no one told me about. Wow, and I thought I was a decent hunter. No where near Ramapo as a raider of course, but still not bad nonetheless. I'm going to really rethink participating in Helms Deep now, especially since my kin is so bad too. I really had no idea. Do you think I could come back to Resurrection for some retraining? I mean, maybe me and Ramapo could go run Great Barrow or something till I'm a half OK hunter. Anyways, I forgot why I replied, oh yeah.

I am sure us farmers will find something to do

Besides I barely farmed
    Win.

Love Des.
    Last edited by Poppycock; Sep 01 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Crom laughs at your misfortune...he laughs from his mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppycock View Post
    That hurts Kevin, especially coming from someone with your reputation in game and on the forums. I'll be ashamed to log in now because of the sheer level of suckiness that no one told me about. Wow, and I thought I was a decent hunter. No where near Ramapo as a raider of course, but still not bad nonetheless. I'm going to really rethink participating in Helms Deep now, especially since my kin is so bad too. I really had no idea. Do you think I could come back to Resurrection for some retraining? I mean, maybe me and Ramapo could go run Great Barrow or something till I'm a half OK hunter. Anyways, I forgot why I replied, oh yeah.

Win.

Love Des.
    At what point did my reputation in a fake world ever matter to me? You aren't terrible, you are mediocre, there is a big difference. I will be happy to run with you, even on my equally as mediocre hunter named Ramapo. LOL I have no pride in this game, it is just a past time and a hobby, hugs handsome.
    Don't get all upset, I am goofing around on you man, I have always liked you and your antitrolling posts.

And trust me, the fact that I am barely rank 9 shows how little I have farmed when taking into account the fact that I had Turks and Thorvion at my disposal the entire time ive played this game.

I never cared about being called a farmer, I just love that farmed rank is now legitimized by Turbine as having not been against the rules.

Conn,

Simply put, no "policy" would have been necessary if players would have played as intended. Rules/Policy/Laws aren't made for those that conform to intent, they're made for those that do not. Tell yourself whatever you'd like to make you happy about being a cheater and playing with those like you. It still does not change the reality that you and those like you can't succeed even in the littlest of things like "a game" by playing as intended.

Sapience also said that rank farming was cheating. Sapience is either clueless, an idiot, or just doing his job to keep everyone happy by saying what everyone wants hear. Which is it? Anyone's best guess...

Let's look at the facts:

No farming (or very little) no "Policy".

Lots of farming, Policy enacted against it.

If this policy affected you well then you were the reason they had to make it.
    Last edited by doug01; Sep 01 2013 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug01 View Post
    Conn,

Simply put, no "policy" would have been necessary if players would have played as intended. Rules/Policy/Laws aren't made for those that conform to intent, they're made for those that do not. Tell yourself whatever you'd like to make you happy about being a cheater and playing with those like you. It still does not change the reality that you and those like you can't succeed even in the littlest of things like "a game" by playing as intended.

Sapience also said that rank farming was cheating. Sapience is either clueless, an idiot, or just doing his job to keep everyone happy by saying what everyone wants hear. Which is it? Anyone's best guess...

Let's look at the facts:

No farming (or very little) no "Policy".

Lots of farming, Policy enacted against it.

If this policy affected you well then you were the reason they had to make it.
    Farming for me was simply the ultimate way to troll, I did it not because I needed rank, I don't even pvp or enjoy it, I did it because so many people told me I wasn't allowed :-)

Trying to equate farming with lack of skill is weak, since lets be honest.... tabbing between 5 creeps while others kill them gets you as much renown, and moreover, killing 3 creeps with an 8 person zerg isn't skill. You don't even need to be on the same side of the map, you can be parked in grams and still get infamy from kills across the map, so give it up already...

So please can we stop pretending the moors takes skill, the way it is set up, even if you have high skill you almost never need to use it to gain tons of renown.

As far as the rule goes, it won't effect me in the least, you guys think that because I was an advocate for farming that I did it a lot, I didn't. My highest ranked anything is a rank 9. Attainable by 5 days of train killing now with buffs.

The rules is nothing, it just legitimizes all rank that predates the rule. Which is hilarious. They grandfathered in all farmers to now have legit rank, end of story.

I see you have posted about:
    [ ]PvE
    [x]PvP
    [ ]Champs
    [ ]Burgs
    [ ]Lm's
    [ ]Rk's
    [ ]Minis
    [ ]PvE players
    [ ]PvP players
    [ ]Ganking