We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHn01B3kz4s

SICK! And only l85! Bersk will annihilate creeps with ease...
    That explains why you have been so happy with the new champ dps after all, if you honestly think that is an improvement then, just wow.
    And that was with a store bought damage boost up as well.

over 3k was easily obtainable on a 75 dummy with no store bought items and moderate gear, getting 3.5-4k was easily doable with good gear and practice, and if you used all cd's and store buffs had maxed out gear and got lucky with crits it was possible to get well over 4k, close to 5k even

None of that is possible now after these changes.
    Last edited by Andthelion; Nov 13 2013 at 05:12 PM.

Hey guys did anyone had time to test the tankspec thoroughly? I actually want to tank only but am considering dropping my warden as the classchanges do not appeal to me.
    I will of course test out the wardenchanges myself but can you tell me if the Champ is worth a try as a maintank should I not be satisfied with the warden (which I fear tbh)?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/272180000001064cc/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Sheilyn View Post
    Hey guys did anyone had time to test the tankspec thoroughly? I actually want to tank only but am considering dropping my warden as the classchanges do not appeal to me.
    I will of course test out the wardenchanges myself but can you tell me if the Champ is worth a try as a maintank should I not be satisfied with the warden (which I fear tbh)?
    Martial champion is so overpowered now that I will wear title Martial champion with pride.

With only 2 days before release..... Did they FIX our single target DPS or are we still on the low end of the totem poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    With only 2 days before release..... Did they FIX our single target DPS or are we still on the low end of the totem poll.
    Far as we know ... no. Seeing as we have heavy armor, can now parry and evade- I doubt they feel Champion's should be the highest DPS class anymore. All conjuncture as there is no word on really what the Champion's place is anymore. Most other classes in their respective DPS setups are far superior to the Champion in just about every way ... movement, support, DPS and survivability. Not saying the Champion cannot pull off being DPS anymore, just not on the level of the other classes ... and frankly, Red-line isn't all that fun ...

We still have the highest sustained AoE DPS, not nearly the highest burst AoE ... and yellow line is more enjoyable to play- not to mention the ST DPS from it is basically as functionable as Red-line.

Only time will tell ... just out of the gate, Champion's are deflated.
    "I swear to God, if this thing turns into a zombie attack, I am quitting." - Jack Carter

You guys lack faith and optimism.

Champ's gonna be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    can you go into more detail about the 3.9k? For example, was it wild+remorseless and ferocious whenever off cd? Swapping dwand 2h? dev pot? time duration? was it at lvl 85 with the exact same gear you had from live?
    It was in Beta 4 where you could easily get lol crit rates on Remorseless spam as it didn't tier down, I imagine people that had a solid/consistent rotation would easily break 4K with some nice luck.

Angry

You guys lack faith and optimism.

Champ's gonna be awesome!
    Yes, for sure. yellow line would be kamikaze one and that is awesome. Except for bracing attack - no chance for additional survival. Champion already had little survival skills...and now, let's remove them almost completely.

I see no more future for champions. I have chosen one hoping to be the person who strikes into the center of battle, sweeping everything (shing-shing)...and now we got something diminished to pure theatre (just because shing-shing looks spectacular). Maybe in Update 999.99 they will balance champions so that they once again have any chance of survival outside red tree.

Quote Originally Posted by NaktiesKarys View Post
    Yes, for sure. yellow line would be kamikaze one and that is awesome. Except for bracing attack - no chance for additional survival. Champion already had little survival skills...and now, let's remove them almost completely.

I see no more future for champions. I have chosen one hoping to be the person who strikes into the center of battle, sweeping everything (shing-shing)...and now we got something diminished to pure theatre (just because shing-shing looks spectacular). Maybe in Update 999.99 they will balance champions so that they once again have any chance of survival outside red tree.
    I'm guessing you are new player.

I forgive you young one.

After a month or so.( Not that active anymore )

I will post video of champ in PMVP and PVE with red line. I' ll show you what champ can in right hands.

It's okay. Not everyone was born for combat.

Just coming back to the game yay and class changes meh give me a chance to start freash.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d000000273616/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by mrfigglesworth View Post
    I disagree with his analysis. I can get 1800 sustained damage on 85 snowbourne dummy as long as power lasts. In ardour I can't hit that high.

As for each line, i've done a lot of testing around with fervour and ardour and I can see ardour having a huge part to play for champions when there are multiple enemies needed whacked. However, we're seriously currently (beta 5) outgunned in the single target compartment currently compared to hunters. I should note that they haven't done any balancing of damage between the classes yet, so it's still up in the air how it will all turn out.
    at 85 in RoR I do 2k DPS with my captain on snowbourn dummies... something might be wrong there...
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by ferrariroger View Post
    at 85 in RoR I do 2k DPS with my captain on snowbourn dummies... something might be wrong there...
    Somehow I can't believe that statement unless you are talking about the lvl 75 dummies in snowbourne, where Champs can sustain over 3k DPS and burst for 5k DPS. You may not have realized, but in Snowbourne you will find 2 types of dummies, the lvl 75 dummy and 3 lvl 85 dummies. I honestly can't believe that a Captain can sustain 2k DPS on the lvl 85 dummies.
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

Champion already had little survival skills...
    Champions have the best survival skills, with Wardens.
    Even my Guardian cannot solo at all most of 6-mans or skraids like my Champ...
    Last edited by Castorix; Nov 19 2013 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    Somehow I can't believe that statement unless you are talking about the lvl 75 dummies in snowbourne, where Champs can sustain over 3k DPS and burst for 5k DPS. You may not have realized, but in Snowbourne you will find 2 types of dummies, the lvl 75 dummy and 3 lvl 85 dummies. I honestly can't believe that a Captain can sustain 2k DPS on the lvl 85 dummies.
    sry! I didnt realized it was a L75 dummy lol

so you're right. I do 1.3k - 1.5k(max) DPS one the L85 training dummy with my cappy
    [b][size=3][FONT=Garamond][color=#8B0000][center]HELGRIMM OF ELENDILMIR[/color][/FONT][/size][/b][color=#696969][i]Still I'm pushing onward, alone I can't deny
    My presence fills the desert, my spirit never dies![/i][/color][/center]
    [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9080823/ville.gif[/img][/center]

ey, recently I wanted to take up a strong champion, Could someone give me a complete guide to playing this class at Helm's Deep? I wanted to ask if the Helm's Deep will be the best AoE class Champion? Is it worth it to grow even on AoE or better to go for single target? I look forward to your prompt reply

I forgive you young one.

After a month or so.( Not that active anymore )

I will post video of champ in PMVP and PVE with red line. I' ll show you what champ can in right hands.

It's okay. Not everyone was born for combat.
    You have already posted a video, and if by "right hands" you mean embarrasing fail then your spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arphil View Post
    ey, recently I wanted to take up a strong champion, Could someone give me a complete guide to playing this class at Helm's Deep? I wanted to ask if the Helm's Deep will be the best AoE class Champion? Is it worth it to grow even on AoE or better to go for single target? I look forward to your prompt reply
    After Hd yes the champ is one of the best aoe (yellow line) dps class, however our single target dps(red line) is very poor now, it seems that its best to trait yellow as the yellow line isnt that much worse than red in terms of ST dps but its AOE is far far better.

Cross dressing

In update 20:1: chapter TV, the crossed swords Icon changes.

Chard:- Champion pretending to "tank".
    Chappy:- Captain pretending to AoE.
    Minion:- Champion claiming healing abilities.
    Cheeper:- Champion specced for lightning damage.

so on and so forth...

Champions will only be available to Nations that are Champion at global events...

Champions should now be able to equip crossbows.

Epic. Always wanted beefy crossbow.

Savage strikes is gone but still U can get it as a legacy? (might only be a typo, who knows....)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/22219000000011a58/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Corruptions Removal

Will Champs still be able to remove Corruptions?

curious how it will look in-game... i didnt log beta as client always had some failure during update... after 3 times try i had enough. i dont like the SD change, but at least sprint isnt in tree-line...
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/tkkkqxoud/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]
    + [color=red]Shakthia Zverka[/color] - the cute warg

u said out,what i think. they removed all survive skill...
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/tkkkqxoud/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]
    + [color=red]Shakthia Zverka[/color] - the cute warg

Unhappy Fixing Things that Were Not Broken

Turbine, you have done it again, yay! You have gone and fixed things that were not broken...and instead of fixing what was broken, you just change things up to make it look like you did something for this release.

Champions are supposedly Berserkers first and foremost. This, in every other MMO I have played, is a heavy class (armor) with high morale and mits and medium-high DPS. in SoA we were pretty close to that. Then they took away our morale and mits and gave us bubbles and I'm constantly using these bubbles, bracing attack and as a last resort Dire Need (this in the moors, PvE content has just gotten ridiculously easy). Survivability depended upon the bubble and Sprint pretty much. Champs are/were squishy. Now we are going to be squishy in PvE and PvMP, *sigh*. There have always been changes, and everyone has something to QQ about, but I've been playing this class almost since launch; there was no need for these drastic changes. Now it's more like a medium armor semi-ok DPS class; what is that? Maybe I'll see the Freeps on Vilya on my Creep.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast