We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question Where can I buy a physical copy of Mines of Moria?

I've been looking all over and it seems to be all sold out. I don't care if it is collector's edition or not and I need 2 copies. Clearly, it needs to have a valid serial code... The ones on eBay seem to all be used and already registered serial codes... I want the physical copies so I get the 1 month free VIP with it... Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    "Werd"

Just keep an eye out when you do find a box, that its not from Codemasters. Otherwise all it is is a nice box to place on your mantle for show. Boxes are harder to come by now since they stopped producing it. You might find one for the vip but it might be cheaper buying a month of VIP through lotro themselves.

I just checked for you on www.amazon.com and they have some.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]On the naughty list since 1959.[/COLOR]

best place is probably one of the resellers on amazon, but youll need to be careful not to buy a codemasters copy as these will no longer work
    Blissfully smoking pipe-weed together on Snowbourn since 14/04/07
    spend all day smoking pipeweed and dreaming of gold

yeah, these things are becoming as rare as finding the proverbial mithril flake. good suggestions about checking amazon. good luck!
    The Lover®: So suave. So cool. So debonair. So smooth.

This is CYAN. This is TEAL. Know the difference.

How would I know if it is a Codemaster copy? Logo on the back or tiny print somewhere?
    "Werd"

Quote Originally Posted by KingDutka View Post
    I've been looking all over and it seems to be all sold out. I don't care if it is collector's edition or not and I need 2 copies. Clearly, it needs to have a valid serial code... The ones on eBay seem to all be used and already registered serial codes... I want the physical copies so I get the 1 month free VIP with it... Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    MicroCenter in St Louis Park had a couple still on the shelves when I was there last month. (Assuming you're still in MN - if your location isn't accurate, you can disregard this post )

Sent you a PM....i have a couple copies that I would consider selling. I just need to validate that the serials are still valid...anyone know if there is a way to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto_the_First View Post
    MicroCenter in St Louis Park had a couple still on the shelves when I was there last month. (Assuming you're still in MN - if your location isn't accurate, you can disregard this post )
    Ya, I'm about 20 min. from there but I just called and they said they sold out... The search continues!
    "Werd"

Thanks Castee! (1 copy down)

Got my 2nd copy for $14.98 on Amazon. Considering VIP costs $15/month and all the permanent unlocks you get with Mines of Moria, I think it's the best bang for your buck for a first purchase on a Free account. Score!
    "Werd"

Do you live near any thrift stores? I bought two copies at Value Village stores for a few bucks each, and each one still had a valid code. I've seen others but left them behind since I didn't need more. It's a bit of a gamble, since you can't be sure the code is unused, but for two or three bucks each it can be worth taking a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDutka View Post
    Thanks Castee! (1 copy down)

Got my 2nd copy for $14.98 on Amazon. Considering VIP costs $15/month and all the permanent unlocks you get with Mines of Moria, I think it's the best bang for your buck for a first purchase on a Free account. Score!
    I see some on amazon but I'm wondering about this whole codemasters thing. How can you tell if it is a box with a code and not a codemasters box?

Quote Originally Posted by haendas View Post
    I see some on amazon but I'm wondering about this whole codemasters thing. How can you tell if it is a box with a code and not a codemasters box?
    A CM box has a CM logo on it instead of the one from Turbine. There are still some of them around on the European Amazon site (just checked), but since those have been valid for europeans only, the chances to get them from US retailers are very small.
    You can see the difference when searching for them at amazon.co.uk or amazon.de vs the ones from amazon.com.
    The CM boxes (bought and unsold ones) were invalidated after the service transfer to Turbine.

Of course you could always get a box that is not the one shown on the picture, but the only chance to prevent this is to buy locally.
    If you use amazon, take fotos (or a movie) of your unpacking, check for any signs of "codemasters" on the package before breaking the seal and you should have every chance to send it back and get all your money. This would be fraud after all.
    Again, I guess the chances US retailers are selling European CM boxes should be very close to zero.