We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    i'm not sure if this was specifically mentioned i read almost everything and did not remember seeing it.

Dealing with the blue line, if you use Sick 'em and then use catmint does that apply the pet specific buffs to all your pets or just the primary pet you had out?
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/0/1/7/9/0/5601790TdIBQ.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Hinamen View Post
    Dealing with the blue line, if you use Sick 'em and then use catmint does that apply the pet specific buffs to all your pets or just the primary pet you had out?
    Only primary.
    Ich bin kein Deutscher, sorry für Grammatik.
    English isn't my native language, sorry for mistakes.

3. Nov 15 2013, 09:27 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Estelrandir View Post
    Only primary.
    bummer o well, guess that makes sense
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ff0000][URL="http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/index.php"][IMG]http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/0/1/7/9/0/5601790TdIBQ.png[/IMG][/URL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Red face :)

Thanks for the information everyone! I was worried that my cats would be in a tree I wouldn't go down on my Ninglorwen (she's my dps lm, period :P I tend to have many alts, insteas of many variations on one ^^ ), and I am very happy to see that I get to keep them all <3. And I am sure I will enjoy each and every lm I have now even more Being an altoholic, I also see in the future room for more alts... Hurray! :P I only have about 35-36 of them so far :P I actually look forward to learning and getting in to this new system For all of my alts

Pre-HD message

Just a general reminder that with HD these class changes will come into effect simultaneously with the introduction of the new region.

I might not have time to say this later so I'm doing it now.

Have fun y'all!
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

Thumbs up LM Changes

I think the changes look good. Played that style of trait line before in another place so looking forward to it.

I am puzzled about something, both in the general trait management, and something about LM.

General
    - some people have completed most deeds, so earned most virtue points and traits. Will this become a waste of time? How will all of this be managed?

LM
    - as far as I remember, getting the eagle trait was needing a tough (at least when cap was 50) fellowship quest. It isn't clear if who did that quest to earn the eagle will now see the eagle removed and given only by spending points in a line. That wouldn't be fair. I could understand, even if not like or agree a trait management modification, but I can't completely understand if they take away from you something you earned. In the end many of us payed for the game, and played the characters earning what was to earn because we liked that. Take it away because they want it make different is neither fair nor correct.

Virtues and racials are still present but can be changed without visiting bard. There is an opportunity cost in traiting for the eagle or not, it will be more accessible through skill trees than as a legendary skill. All class quests gated skills are in the same boat. The same case could be made for every facet of the game that has been made easier since launch. With hd you are being "given" the bog guardian whereas previously you had to earn a trait for it through iron garrison rep for example, also a substantial opportunity cost in traiting for the capstone . The koa line seems to have been given a lot of attention which is something that lms have repeatedly asked for, myself included.
    Last edited by Idiotvillage; Nov 19 2013 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheelin View Post
    General
    - some people have completed most deeds, so earned most virtue points and traits. Will this become a waste of time? How will all of this be managed?
    Idiotvillage already answered about the LM, so I'll take this one.

The class deeds have been grouped into "metadeeds". Completing a metadeed grants you extra trait points. The legendary skill deeds also will grant you extra trait points.

All deeds that you completed before Helm's Deep will be counted and applied toward the metadeeds. (Even the ones that have been changed to use different skills than before.) YMMV on whether it's worthwhile to keep doing the deeds after Helm's Deep, but in general more trait points will be better than fewer trait points.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheelin View Post
    Still need to do them to earn an extra trait point. Sure they're not mandatory to get but it is one of the easier ways to improve your character.

It isn't clear if who did that quest to earn the eagle will now see the eagle removed and given only by spending points in a line. That wouldn't be fair.
    Consider it like how the bog lurker was. You had to "earn" it but then could not use it except by traiting a certain way. Was that unfair also?

And the difficulty of getting the level 50 legendary trait for eagle is no longer difficult, it's soloable for level 85 lore master without much effort, faster than earning the skirmish marks to buy the quest items. Sure it was hard for you in the past but currently it is no longer difficult. And you've had several years of using the eagle to pay for your hard work already. If you had a time machine do you think it was a waste of your time to have earned the deed in the past and would this time choose to completely skip it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Still need to do them to earn an extra trait point. Sure they're not mandatory to get but it is one of the easier ways to improve your character.

Consider it like how the bog lurker was. You had to "earn" it but then could not use it except by traiting a certain way. Was that unfair also?
    Yes it is unfair also. I asked for the eagle because it is the one i knew, i never been interested in the bog lurker thus didn't think of it, but my question could have been applied to it also.

Thumbs up This sounds fun

I am truly interested in seeing this first hand ....and can't wait.
    I especially like the diversity being imposed, gives a true sense
    of a sort of mastery that should be a Lore Master.

Thanks all of you ....... Well Done
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420d0000000b93e3/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Looks like Don't Interrupt Me got its damage absorption decreased. At Rank 3, it now reflects 100% while absorbing only 40% of incoming damage.

Sorry, Live LMs don't get to do the invincibility trick. :P
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

I can't seem to get my Raven-Lore to work and my friend literally just bought me a Frost-Raven. Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by Hinamen View Post
    bummer o well, guess that makes sense
    Can anyone tell me when Lms are able to dual wield now?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckDirty View Post
    Can anyone tell me when Lms are able to dual wield now?
    They ought to be able to dual wield regardless of level and if not it is probably level 40. This guide was written from a level 95 point of view so we might not have covered everything, but since I have heard nothing of the likes of a change to dual-wielding I guess you're still supposed to be able to do it as it used to be done.
    Easca could manipulate a bull through a mousehole and still make it think it did it all by itself.

My thoughts on the changes:

Debuffing:
    It appears that Frost Lore and Wind Lore count as frost skills, which is nice because otherwise we'd only have GoW for frost debuffs.
    However, giving lightning debuffs is difficult we have no lightning skills other than LStrike, storm lore, and LStorm.
    These skills all have long cooldowns and storm lore and LStorm need to be traited.
    A simple way of fixing this would be to allow light skills such as ToW and LoRD to trigger the lightning debuffs.

Healing:
    Water Lore still unlocks at lvl 77, so keep in mind that low level lms do not have access to it.
    The yellow bonus of AoE HoT on Beacon of Hope is nice, but the cooldown of 30 seconds is too long.
    Improved Flanking seems to be gone, so BoH is the only way of healing others at low levels without spirit pet.
    Also, I do not like the change to WF restoring power as staff sweep already does this.

Quote Originally Posted by Easca View Post
    They ought to be able to dual wield regardless of level and if not it is probably level 40. This guide was written from a level 95 point of view so we might not have covered everything, but since I have heard nothing of the likes of a change to dual-wielding I guess you're still supposed to be able to do it as it used to be done.
    My LM is level 46, and she's still able to duel wield. So I don't think anything changed here. If anything, the minimum level for using swords would be lower now, though as far as I know it actually didn't change at all.

Continuous Air-Lore

I'm actually finding the loss of Continuous Air-Lore to be the biggest annoyance so far. My pets keep dieing because i think i am healing them, when i'm actually not anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Finrarion View Post
    My thoughts on the changes:

Debuffing:
    It appears that Frost Lore and Wind Lore count as frost skills, which is nice because otherwise we'd only have GoW for frost debuffs.
    However, giving lightning debuffs is difficult we have no lightning skills other than LStrike, storm lore, and LStorm.
    These skills all have long cooldowns and storm lore and LStorm need to be traited.
    A simple way of fixing this would be to allow light skills such as ToW and LoRD to trigger the lightning debuffs.
    For as far as I'm aware the RK's lightning skills will trigger it too. Although personally I find lightning too to be a weird choice (I'd preferred to have both lightning and light skills do that) if you man up with a RK in an instance then it should be easily covered. Basically these skills have been made more interchangeable with other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Finrarion View Post
    Healing:
    Water Lore still unlocks at lvl 77, so keep in mind that low level lms do not have access to it.
    The yellow bonus of AoE HoT on Beacon of Hope is nice, but the cooldown of 30 seconds is too long.
    Improved Flanking seems to be gone, so BoH is the only way of healing others at low levels without spirit pet.
    Also, I do not like the change to WF restoring power as staff sweep already does this.
    Yeah, Water-lore is still a skill to be bought from the class trainer rather than something gated in a trait-tree.
    The 30s cooldown ends after the 30s duration of the Beacon of Hope HoT. Although it would have been cool to have it put-on-able on multiple allies I think that that might be a bit OP. We have Water-lore to keep a continuous flow of morale.
    Yeah, Beacon of Hope is the only way on low levels, but of course it should be remembered that the LM was never supposed to be a full healer in the first place - and at that, the Improved Flanking wasn't really the most trustable way of healing your allies. Choices have been made, and the choice was to have this one gone and be replaced by another, more potent trait, although I have no idea which trait that actually is. xD
    Think of it as a nice addition. Personally I have always found it annoying that for power you had to move up to the foe from a distance - now, if I really need a massive load of power, I'll move up, but if I want to stay away I don't need to anymore, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Easca View Post
    Q: With the arrival of the Catmint skill, will the use of pet food now be obsolete?
    A: Definitely not. The Catmint skill adds some buffs to the pets' inherent skills and to their damage but it does not by far grant the same effects to your pet as food does.

My raven is turning up her beak at the crumbs offered - granted they've been sitting in the bag for months, so are maybe boardering on mouldy. So we should be able to feed our pets food even with the Catmint skill?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post

My raven is turning up her beak at the crumbs offered - granted they've been sitting in the bag for months, so are maybe boardering on mouldy. So we should be able to feed our pets food even with the Catmint skill?
    It SHOULD be possible, as the Catmint skill does not provide the same buffs as the food does.

For instance, a Bag of Eastemnet Crumbs gives +1955 fire mitigation, +638 shadow mitigation, +687 melee offence rating and +1030 evade rating.

Catmint for the Raven increases the Benediction of the Raven buff, the Raven's fire damage debuff and the damage output.

They are two completely separate things.

It seems it may be a bug with the raven [not being able to feed] - might have to release another beast in the meantime (although the raven is still doing amazingly well dispite not being feed crumbs). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...y-pet-eat-food.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlywyn View Post
    It seems it may be a bug with the raven [not being able to feed] - might have to release another beast in the meantime (although the raven is still doing amazingly well dispite not being feed crumbs). https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...y-pet-eat-food.
    Yeah, possibly then. I tend to use either the big kitty or my eagle and they take their food just fine. ^^

Exclamation

Changes quite well. Is necessary and what is missing: Adds -15% ALL SKILLS Inductions ( red line ) . Blue and Yellow line have .. Lore-master is in red line very slow !!!
    Last edited by Avaryel; Nov 24 2013 at 07:07 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast