We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
    So in other words, Turbine is keeping mum about whatever purchaseable trait point system they're intending to implement. I guess that's not surprising, considering the reaction it'll probably produce. Still, knowing at the time of HD launch what the eventual price point is going to be in order to spec my character the way I'd like would be a large factor, one way or another, in my decision to keep playing.
    To be fair, I do agree that there's no guarantee that Turbine will never allow puchaseable trait points (aside from HD, technically), but for now what we see is what will probably get.
    [IMG]http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Torgeau/sig-lotro_zpsf040a784.jpg[/IMG]
    -[B]Fence Sitter of Eriador[/B]-
    "[I]All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening.[/I]" - Alexander Woollcott

Quote Originally Posted by bohbashum View Post
    I'm going to be really bad and say I didn't work that out with maths (yes, I did A level maths as well... shame on me)

this is what my sticky note for working it out looks like.

7,9 = 2
    11 to 91 = 40
    93,95 = 2

ofc now I look back do you see my huge flaw?

so the missing point was there all along!
    Just in case you're still wondering, the mistake is here:
    11 to 91 = 40
    It is 41. If you already are 11, you get indeed 40 more until you have reached 91, but then you omit the point you get from reaching level 11 itself.
    Last edited by Lynx3d; Nov 06 2013 at 01:41 PM.
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Lohi View Post
    Collect a large assortment of odd items and venture into Carn Dum and Urugarth with an expeditionary force and get 1 point.
    One need never visit Carn Dum or Urugarth -- just visit the "Curiosities vendor" in the skirmish camp...
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwyn99 View Post
    Assuming they will offer trait points in the store some time after HD is, well, an assumption. The hindrance to non VIPs is the missing specc bonuses, similar to live.
    I doubt (rather I hope) that LOTRO will never become Pay to Win as WoW and other MMOs are today... but there are a LARGE number of new players in LOTRO who seem to believe that is the only way for this game to survive or evolve. Long-time players, don't think that way, or at least not as a desirable outcome.

I don't believe that Turbine has any incentive to produce this option -- the number of players who are willing to Play to WIN, i.e. those PvP and "Raiders" who advocate that view, are actually a small percentage of the LOTRO Player Community. A FAR LARGER and much more lucrative community is the "cosmetics" or "dress-up" community. (Who seem to rarely progress beyond level 40.) The amount of money which Turbine generates from Cosmetic Outfits, and especially, Mounts, is huge, and always has been. The additional income Turbine might receive from the PvP/Raid community is well known to Turbine (even though they won't tell us). And besides being insignificant in LOTRO it is one of the reasons why Turbine created IC -- Infinite Chaos, a MOBA where "pay to win" is the name of the game. They are smart enough to keep the two player groups separated.

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mennhabar View Post

Since many class deeds are disappearing
    I don't believe that there are ANY Class Deeds disappearing, just being converted and re-named.

There are 8 Meta deeds; each of which has 3 "sub-deeds" (at least one of which is a quest).

So far on my 85 Hunter and RK copied over to Bullroarer -- the only Class sub-Deeds I had not previously completed are those which I had not previously completed --- i.e. they represent skills I rarely or never use ... except to compete the deed. ... and those bloody class quests.

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus_T_Fyrfly View Post
    So I guess the days of TP farming are drawing to a close. Or will there still be virtues to grind?
    Nope... still true. The "sub-deeds" for each Meta deed grant TP as always. And the Virtues Grind is unchanged -- for some strange reason, not yet known.

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Did they at least drop the number of kills, like was promised.. what.. TWO XPacs ago? Killing 350 giants or 400 Angarmin is beyond painful, even if you can one-shot them. You end up waiting for them to respawn instead of hunting for them because you wiped the area.
    Not yet that I can say. --- one of life's "little" annoyances.

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

3 from moria
    • class quest
    • book deed
    • rep with guards
    This section is unclear. (This is what I see for Lvl 85 copied RK, Hunter, Mini)

Definite: You get 1 trait point for completing 6 Books in the Epic Quest Line in Moria: Mines of Moria. This shows in your Deed log under "Epic."

I see no points listed under reputation at any level for either Guards or Miners.

Book requires Lvl 58 and Kindred reputation with the Iron Garrison Guards.

The quest here is the level 58 class quest.
    (The other class quests are part of individual Meta Deeds)

The net is still 3 points from Moria "stuff."

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    This section is unclear. (This is what I see for Lvl 85 copied RK, Hunter, Mini)

Definite: You get 1 trait point for completing 6 Books in the Epic Quest Line in Moria: Mines of Moria. This shows in your Deed log under "Epic."

I see no points listed under reputation at any level for either Guards or Miners.

Book requires Lvl 58 and Kindred reputation with the Iron Garrison Guards.

The quest here is the level 58 class quest.
    (The other class quests are part of individual Meta Deeds)

The net is still 3 points from Moria "stuff."
    I think that is the three, simply turned everything that used to give a legendary trait into a tree point.
    Nothing here matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus_T_Fyrfly View Post
    To be fair, I do agree that there's no guarantee that Turbine will never allow puchaseable trait points (aside from HD, technically), but for now what we see is what will probably get.
    Even if they add something in the store you're never required to buy them. Just play without it. So far despite all the predictions of doom about new content being scaled on the assumption of using store items (tomes, potions) it hasn't happened. Now it may be possible that top raid groups could insist someone buy points, but I also think those are precisely the people who are most opposed to doing so.

One need never visit Carn Dum or Urugarth -- just visit the "Curiosities vendor" in the skirmish camp...
    The point was that some were harder to earn than others and that not all points earned were equally difficult to obtain. Even today many people go to Carn Dum and earn it properly instead of cheating. And many players don't do skirmishes to get marks either, so earning the points for those items when starting with 0 marks is tedious in itself especially if you feel the need to rank up the soldier as well.

This section is unclear.
    I think it's because "book deed" means completeing the epic books 1-6, whereas "rep with guard" means earn rep then buy a special book, and both have the word "book" in them.

This section is unclear.
    I think it's because "book deed" means completeing the epic books 1-6, whereas "rep with guard" means earn rep then buy a special book, and both have the word "book" in them.
    exactly that.

every old legendary trait gives 1 tree trait point in it's place.
    - level 45 class quest
    - 3 book (get pages)
    - moria volume to book 6
    - moria rep with guards (to aquire there book to read)
    - moria class quest

if you have all 7 of your old legandary traits you should have all 7 traits in that department.
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

- moria rep with guards (to aquire there book to read)
    This is the error -- you do NOT get a trait point for gaining Rep with the Guards.
    You gain the Trait point for READING the book.... if you do not buy the book and read it -- you get no point!

(Yeah, I know, it's a nit... )

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

All about the fun!"

(Yeah, I know, it's a nit... )
    a little :P

for clarification I'll edit that other post for you
    Level 140: Burg, Captain, Guard, Brawler, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Champ, Warden, Rune-Keeper, Beorning

Quote Originally Posted by Amberjack View Post
    Um.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that there was ever any doubt, on anyone's part, that the entire trait point system was put into place specifically to allow for further monetization.
    In my opinion the trait system is a good way for players to learn when a skill is useful, and virtue deeds are great for longevity of content for all players--if there were no moria deeds a lot of people would skip it entirely. it's worthwhile for higher level players to go back and do, and it helps f2p people to have people that actually run instances/do content/be there in the same area. A good system for us and for the money people at turbine.

5 from HD quest lines
    • not exactly sure which ones but there earnt in deeds.
    You can get a single trait tree point by finishing the main quest chain of each new area of Westemnet: Kingstead, Eastfold, Broadacres, Stonedeans, Westfold.
    These quest chains are unrelated to the Epic, and the quest that ultimately grants the trait point is either near the final or the very final quest in the area's quest chain.

Even if they add something in the store you're never required to buy them. Just play without it. So far despite all the predictions of doom about new content being scaled on the assumption of using store items (tomes, potions) it hasn't happened. Now it may be possible that top raid groups could insist someone buy points, but I also think those are precisely the people who are most opposed to doing so.
    ....that's alot of words just to say you agree with me.
    [IMG]http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy87/Torgeau/sig-lotro_zpsf040a784.jpg[/IMG]
    -[B]Fence Sitter of Eriador[/B]-
    "[I]All the things I really like to do are either immoral, illegal or fattening.[/I]" - Alexander Woollcott

Has someone tested if the metadeeds are doable with every skilltree or do I need spezial skills to complete the deeds? In others words are the metadeeds skilltree or skill based?
    Because if they are skill base some people won't be able to complete the metadeed for the missing skills in theit skilltree.

Quote Originally Posted by Specter666 View Post
    Has someone tested if the metadeeds are doable with every skilltree or do I need spezial skills to complete the deeds? In others words are the metadeeds skilltree or skill based?
    Because if they are skill base some people won't be able to complete the metadeed for the missing skills in theit skilltree.
    No, you need to use a certain skill to advance a deed, although in some cases there are option to use skill A or B. But those skills can be specialization skills and not basic skills: for example minstrels have a deed where you need to use Song of Aid skill, and that is... T5 skill (if I remember right) in yellow line. So you need to re-spec to that line, in case you are in blue or red, to advance that deed.

about the moria points- which class quest is giving the trait point? is it the fellowship one, or is it one of the solo quests?

Store is for short cuts/cosmetics... I think they will allow you to buy trait points... why not? But the cap will still be in place.

You can do the quests and grind em out but if your short of time why cant you just buy em and use em? As long as the hard cap of 65 stays in place it shouldnt be an issue. Thats the same with Virtures now isnt it? You can grind em out or use deed bonus kills or buy em outright.

Quote Originally Posted by ParrotGuy View Post
    about the moria points- which class quest is giving the trait point? is it the fellowship one, or is it one of the solo quests?
    If you want all points, you'll need to do all three older ways of getting legendary traits. This means getting kindred rep in Moria guards and buying the book, plus doing the class quest (solo or group), plus finishing epic up through book 6.

anyone know the specific quests that give points in HD? im one short, and I know it has to be a quest point (had 55 on release and am lvl 95)

I remember getting one from Eowyn and one from Thoeden. wasn't paying attention for the other two.

the only quests I have not completed are two bugged quests where you summon thane-chic to the campfires... do those lead to another point? oh, and I need to finish the raid quest, but I didn't see a point as one of the rewards.

as of now, I think im bugged and cant get my last point. not that I really need it.

thanks in advance!
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

I don't think you need to do the raid quest, but yes those two quests (only one was bugged for me, the NPC didn't appear at the campfire, though apparently the hotfix made it optional?) do lead to further quests that eventually grant you another trait point, after you finally uncoved the traitor.
    PyLotRO with Python 3.x support and bugfixes: [url]https://github.com/Lynx3d/pylotro[/url]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast