We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Helm's Deep New Mithril Coin Traders

So with Helm's Deep they are adding more Mithril Coin uses in game. There are a number of these new Mithril Traders or a Mithril Barter added to existing npcs.

One of these they have added new traders at each of the starting locations.
    - The doors into Thorin's Hall
    - Next to the Postmaster at Little Delving
    - Celondim near the Stables
    - I couldn't locate the Mithril Trader in Archet or Combe.

At each of these vendors you can purchace the following
    - 10 MC Trait Riding Characteristic
    - 70 MC Blood-Bay Steed
    - 150 MC Fleet Footed Goat
    - 200 MC Steed of Night
    - 50 MC Outrider's Token
    - 15 MC Tome of Extraordinary Experience
    - 30 MC Tome of Might 1
    - 30 MC Tome of Agility 1
    - 30 MC Tome of Vitality 1
    - 30 MC Tome of Fate 1
    - 30 MC Tome of Will 1
    - 50 MC Trait Map Home Revoery Time (Milestone cooldown reduced by 30min)
    - 50 MC Triat Return to Skills Reovery Time (Return to Reputation ports cooldown redueced by 30 min)
    - 35 MC Milestone Skill 2

Some Skirmish Camps have had new Mithril Traders added to them. These offer up the store exclusive items related to skrimishes.
    - Soldier's Summoning lets you resummon a soldier in combat
    - Reconnaissance Report the direct soldier cooldown altering item.
    - Scroll of Skirmish Refund which refunds all points spent on skirmish soldiers.
    - Landscape Soldier Token adding 1 hour to your landscape summoning of your soldier.

Mithril Barter has also been added to a number of Class Trainers.
    - Hunter Trainers
    - Warden Trainers
    - Minstrel Trainers
    - Loremaster Trainers
    Hunters and Wardens have had a number of their travel skills offered up for Mithril Coins. Minstrels have their mentoring skills. Loremasters have all of the cosmetic pets including all of the skins now purchasable.
    The items sold by these class trainers are only usable by their specific class.

We coudl be synical about it and talk about how the store is being shown more prominantly but honestly there is no harm in this. The prices are equal to the tp prices in the store if not a little bit more.
    Last edited by PKCrichton; Nov 11 2013 at 09:14 AM.

these travel skills you can buy with mithril coins at your class trainer, how do i have to see that, does that mean these skills will always need mithril coins or does that just mean that you can buy the skill without having earned it yet?
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by Flixxer View Post
    these travel skills you can buy with mithril coins at your class trainer, how do i have to see that, does that mean these skills will always need mithril coins or does that just mean that you can buy the skill without having earned it yet?
    I have not had a chance to "level explore" changes like this.

At level 85, a Hunter can "purchase" various "return-to" skills from the Hunter trainer for MC. These are like "normal recipe scrolls" -- you buy the scroll and it teaches you the skill.
    It's a one-shot skill granted, to that character, forever.

I assume they will be level/reputation gated as they are now... i.e. you can buy the skill (maybe) but if you don't have the required REP or Level, you can't use it. But as I said, I have not run a lower level character through the system to identify/verify such restrictions yet.

My level 85 Hunter who was already Kindred with everybody, had no travel skill offered from the Hunter Trainer that he did not already have.

My 85 RK did not notice any travel skills offered to RKs.... but then I wasn't looking at that detail at that time.

More will be revealed as time progresses.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (120)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Hunters have always had many class quests to do to earn their travel skills. OR they could buy the skill in the store. It wouldnt be a stretch to say they have more class quests than any other class. Their 'buy travel skills for mithril' simply provides them an option to use 'won mithril' instead of TP as a 3rd option.
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

thnx for the clarification guys, happy to see i am not forced to spend on mithril coins for my travelling skills
    Flixxer - Hunter - Imladris - 100 R7 ---- Danielleth - Minstrel - Imladris - 22
    Zaireth - Rune-keeper - Imladris - 73 -- Ariannasophia - Warden - Imladris - 14
    Flixxer - Champion - Eldar - 54

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    So with Helm's Deep they are adding more Mithril Coin uses in game. There are a number of these new Mithril Traders or a Mithril Barter added to existing npcs.

One of these they have added new traders at each of the starting locations.
    - The doors into Thorin's Hall
    - Next to the Postmaster at Little Delving
    - Celondim near the Stables
    - I couldn't locate the Mithril Trader in Archet or Combe.
    Not in Beta, but those three you listed were there when I started my first tunes four years ago.. We just did not have any more than the Mithril coins other than the five in the starter kit until recently. I still have my +1 hope horn from them on my 85 warden and LM. Trying to remember, but I think the guy for Humans was in Bree inside Barliman's. They only appeared after you completed the tutorial.

this is starting to look like greed to me but hey what do i know

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen1981 View Post
    this is starting to look like greed to me but hey what do i know
    Hehe.

"starting".
    In the sea without lees standeth the Bird of Hermes.
    When all his feathers be from him gone, He standeth still here as a stone.
    Here is now both white and red, And all so the stone to quicken the dead
    The Bird of Hermes is my name, Eating my wings to make me tame.

9. Nov 09 2013, 11:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
    Not in Beta, but those three you listed were there when I started my first tunes four years ago.. We just did not have any more than the Mithril coins other than the five in the starter kit until recently. I still have my +1 hope horn from them on my 85 warden and LM. Trying to remember, but I think the guy for Humans was in Bree inside Barliman's. They only appeared after you completed the tutorial.
    The vendors you are talking about are different. Mithril Coins have only existed for about a year now.

So wait...as a GUARDIAN... I could have a chipmunk follow around? or teach people music???

Quote Originally Posted by ReadStar View Post
    So wait...as a GUARDIAN... I could have a chipmunk follow around? or teach people music???
    No the items sold by class trainers are only usable by that class.

Quote Originally Posted by PKCrichton View Post
    No the items sold by class trainers are only usable by that class.
    Okay good... *phew* Not to be MEAN but we don't want everyone running about with a mon...lol

Its greed.

Travel went up to go to an NPC from 1 to 5 coins.
    That is beyond greed
    There are always .... Possibilities.

^Do not succumb to the greed! Exploring Westement with your own feet and on your trusty war-steed!

For hunter travel skills, some of them are gated either by quest or by rep. Buying travel skills with MC is pretty costly, but not too unreasonable for people who do not want to bother grinding quests at some areas.
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]