We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Will LM lose LI passives in HD?

Someone tried to explain why Hunter LIs have no passives, it sounds as if the reasoning for bow/sword is very much much like the staff/sword thing LMs get. Or perhaps hunter gets LI passives now?

Some of the LM LI passive legacies have been replaced with weaker but similar ones or removed due to conflicting changes to moves and balance. So yes we do lose some. No more 45 sec BE Dot and some others.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/132130000000b5cae/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Honestly in my opinion the LM had the most tweeks in my experience in beta. Most of them just rearranging skills. But what your left with now is just a choice of debuff dps or all out debuff. They might have changed a few thing since i stopped playing. But thats what i got from it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c536b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Much same for hunter I guess - range stationary dps, mobile kiting dps (solely pvp I gather, happily seems you can change tree setup with a moment out of combat) and some wierd and slow multi-trap cc dps that feels just like LM (place eleventy traps and go).
    The range regular dps can be done with mobility at the moment but next version will need swapping trees...

Most dreadfully, there's another self buff...thought we would lose all of that but now there are more! Yay! Hnt gets a buff from changing stance. Let me repeat that: we get a buff changing from focus-generating to threat down to dps, every 10 seconds. Where is the logic and the thought eh? So angry.

Anyhows, back on topic about the LIs: I want passives on hunter LIs or passives removed from LM LIs. I don't see a reason for the imbalance =)

I assumed this would happen but noone has mentioned it, which is why this thread here!

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Anyhows, back on topic about the LIs: I want passives on hunter LIs or passives removed from LM LIs. I don't see a reason for the imbalance =)

I assumed this would happen but noone has mentioned it, which is why this thread here!
    Maybe it's because you never stated what you were talking about.

EVERYTHING about Legendary items is passive. +DPS? Passive. AoE Skill Max Target? Passive. Melee Critical Multiplier? Passive. Stealth Detection? Passive.
    I have yet to see a Legendary Item with an Activated or Triggered ability.

Though, if you're talking about the 3 random stats that two-handed weapons get, and that the Lore Master's staff is still classified as a two-handed even though the Trait that allowed Lore Master to equip an off-hand sword went from a Legendary Trait to a Passive Trait, then that's another conversation all together.

Quote Originally Posted by HaleElven View Post
    Maybe it's because you never stated what you were talking about.

EVERYTHING about Legendary items is passive. +DPS? Passive. AoE Skill Max Target? Passive. Melee Critical Multiplier? Passive. Stealth Detection? Passive.
    I have yet to see a Legendary Item with an Activated or Triggered ability.

Though, if you're talking about the 3 random stats that two-handed weapons get, and that the Lore Master's staff is still classified as a two-handed even though the Trait that allowed Lore Master to equip an off-hand sword went from a Legendary Trait to a Passive Trait, then that's another conversation all together.
    Yes! It's about it being a passive a good while now =) Thanks for clarifying! Also sorry for being an Ignorant Swede, my language skills fail me and it seems I never get my point across haha

Quote Originally Posted by Macroscian View Post
    Much same for hunter I guess - range stationary dps, mobile kiting dps (solely pvp I gather, happily seems you can change tree setup with a moment out of combat) and some wierd and slow multi-trap cc dps that feels just like LM (place eleventy traps and go).
    The range regular dps can be done with mobility at the moment but next version will need swapping trees...

Most dreadfully, there's another self buff...thought we would lose all of that but now there are more! Yay! Hnt gets a buff from changing stance. Let me repeat that: we get a buff changing from focus-generating to threat down to dps, every 10 seconds. Where is the logic and the thought eh? So angry.

It is not an imbalance hunter tomes have stats, lm ranged slot pet talismans are a recent edition and slightly boost pet morale regen or crit rating, boost is marginal and doesn't affect player stats. Hunters are able to make and switch between multiple tomes as they see fit. Lms are stuck with rng legendary passives.
    Last edited by Idiotvillage; Nov 17 2013 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiotvillage View Post
    It is not an imbalance hunter tomes have stats, lm ranged slot pet talismans are a recent edition and slightly boost pet morale regen or crit rating, boost is marginal and doesn't affect player stats. Hunters are able to make and switch between multiple tomes as they see fit. Lms are stuck with rng legendary passives.
    Nice! Hunter tomes get stats in HD? That is brilliant Happy days

The LM staff has passives, which is a bit curious, as does the book. I'm talking about mitigations tactmastery +damage% power icpr stats and the other randomly generated extras that does not happen on hunter LIs.

2-handed weapons LIs have passives so that they may have the equivalent amount of stats as a 1-handed Legendary weapon plus an off-hand item (i.e. off-hand weapon, shield, etc.). This is meant to be equivalent to 2-handed non-legendary weapons having twice the amount of stats of 1-handed non-legendary weapons.

Compare:

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3AHardened_Bright_Steel_H eadsman%27s_Axe_of_Might

and

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item%3AHardened_Bright_Steel_D agger_of_Fate
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 105 Captain, Nunion 110 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...