We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For those who remember Perchelm, he has passed away.

I wanted to post and let anybody who remembers Perchelm know that he died this morning. A couple of us guys from the old days are thinking of ways we could show his family that Perch had a gaming family that he had an impact on. I thought flowers seemed cliche and money, though nice, is impersonal to send. My other thought was to have interested people video or audio record a fond memory of Perch to send to me to edit together onto a DVD to send to his family. If anybody else has any ideas or is interested in the DVD idea, please post here or PM me.

Thanks,
    Van
    Vanathane - 65 Champion - Gladden
    Thronnos Rokke Clan - Leader
    Grand Master Metalsmith/Prospector: Pre-Book 14 :p

A couple of us were setting up a sort of in-game vigil for him on December 3rd, 9pm CST at the milestone in west Bree. Some folks can fraps it, maybe, I don't know. I tried for a while to put my thoughts into a thread on here to just let people know, but nothing worked at all. Thanks Van. Sorry to see you again on here for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by VMalcolm View Post
    I wanted to post and let anybody who remembers Perchelm know that he died this morning. A couple of us guys from the old days are thinking of ways we could show his family that Perch had a gaming family that he had an impact on. I thought flowers seemed cliche and money, though nice, is impersonal to send. My other thought was to have interested people video or audio record a fond memory of Perch to send to me to edit together onto a DVD to send to his family. If anybody else has any ideas or is interested in the DVD idea, please post here or PM me.

Thanks,
    Van
    Vanathane, I posted a similar thread just now in the PVMP forums. I thought we could hold a vigil in his memory and his contribution to the server on December 3rd @ 9pm CST in West Bree milestone. If you have a better idea, I welcome yours, as you knew him better than I did. I generally fought against him, while you played with him. If you have an idea that you think would honor his memory to a greater degree I very much welcome it. My thoughts and prayers go out to Perch, his family, and friends. He certainly earned his place of recognition on this server, and I'm so very sorry this occurred.

Misadventure - R14 Hunter, Fatwanda-1 - R10 Guard
    Velvetsixteen - R13 Reaver, Reported-1 - R11 Warg, Gloriousleader - R10 WL

This is crazy to think we were just playing a game with him a week ago. Its very kind of you to do this Vic I know we all didn't see eye to eye on everything, but it is hard to deny the massive impact someone like Perch had on so many people that were and still are part of this server. I sadly have to work during the scheduled event, but I truly thank you for doing this.
    Commander Novafett
    Taskmaster Aterju
    Lt. Kozzmo

Quote Originally Posted by Shau'nac View Post
    A couple of us were setting up a sort of in-game vigil for him on December 3rd, 9pm CST at the milestone in west Bree. Some folks can fraps it, maybe, I don't know. I tried for a while to put my thoughts into a thread on here to just let people know, but nothing worked at all. Thanks Van. Sorry to see you again on here for something like this.

I definitely wish I wasn't posting on the forums for the first time in ages for such a sad reason. It's hard to figure out how to say what you want to say at a time like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyrn View Post
    Vanathane, I posted a similar thread just now in the PVMP forums. I thought we could hold a vigil in his memory and his contribution to the server on December 3rd @ 9pm CST in West Bree milestone. If you have a better idea, I welcome yours, as you knew him better than I did. I generally fought against him, while you played with him. If you have an idea that you think would honor his memory to a greater degree I very much welcome it. My thoughts and prayers go out to Perch, his family, and friends. He certainly earned his place of recognition on this server, and I'm so very sorry this occurred.
    I like the vigil idea. I'll let everybody I'm in contact with know about it. If anybody is willing, I think it would be nice to include personal messages with the fraps of the vigil from anybody who would like to express anything. It might be nice for his family to see that there are faces, voices... real people, behind those avatars that cared about Perch and remember him fondly and on whom he made a lasting impact that those people remember even after years of not playing LotRO. Anybody interested in sending a personal message can PM me and I will provide my e-mail address.

I already talked to Van about getting something as a token to his family from his gaming one, and I think the vigil is a great idea, we'll get some fraps going there. I played a lot of games with Perch on and off, from LotRO not long after launch all the way us doing warzones in SWtOR just a few hours before his asthma attack; and I know LotRO is the only community we reminisced regularly about, in fact we talked about how much we enjoyed all the people here just within the last couple weeks. He will be missed.
    Antilles, Hunter Pre-Book 12
    Tolkmit, nee Cuomo, Gladden's First 5 Star War Leader
    Celchu, Antagonist, Maybourne
    Original Gladden

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about the news. I will do my best to attend the vigil.

Stay good,

Vurg/kait
    R13 WL Vurgash; R8 Stalker Virgash; R8 BA Virrgash; R7 Reaver Godot; R6 Spider Vurgasm

Quote Originally Posted by ncc1295 View Post
    I already talked to Van about getting something as a token to his family from his gaming one, and I think the vigil is a great idea, we'll get some fraps going there. I played a lot of games with Perch on and off, from LotRO not long after launch all the way us doing warzones in SWtOR just a few hours before his asthma attack; and I know LotRO is the only community we reminisced regularly about, in fact we talked about how much we enjoyed all the people here just within the last couple weeks. He will be missed.
    Yeah, it seemed like whenever we played whatever game we played, we always wound up talking about LotRO days on Vent. I don't think any of us has felt that sense of community in any games we've played since.

Welp, this sucks.

So sorry to hear that
    Due to time difference, I won't be able to be at vigil.

So sad to hear this. Perch was one of the absolutely great players and an even better guy.
    [B] @2 [/B]

Said in the other thread, but it's worth repeating.

Perch was one of my favorite people in lotro and he will be missed greatly.

I'll be at the vigil.
    Freeps: Beast, Cadaverous, Deadite, Elphaba, Joules, Kookaburra, Stheno, Weebey, Zod
    Creeps: Barfbag, Bulgingeggsac, Elphabash, Farfel
    {SM/2H1R}

13. Nov 20 2013, 09:57 AM

Great player and Kind person. It's a great sorrow that this has happened and he will be missed but his memories will make people smile for a very long time to come.
    100s Bear/ShingShing/Battery/HotUser/PewPew/Sneaky/Bandaid/Shield/Zapper
    R12 warg/spider - Gladden

sorry to hear that he has passed. my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    Zalbag Rank 9 Warg
    Atlis Rank 8 BA - Gladden

Thanks,
    Van
    I would be more than happy to help in any manner that I can. I have known Perch through this game since we were trying to kill the balrog in the rift. He was always a great guy to hang out with and just have fun whether it was pvp, raids, or just leveling. There are quite a few I have met through this game that have gotten to know me much more than just in game and Perch was definately part of that group and I hated to see all of this unfold. Seeing the pictures on FB and now some of the stories is heart breaking. Perch (or Chris) was a good man and will be missed by all those that got to know how good of a person he truly was.

Lath

I'll be there if my computer allows me. Awful news! Perch was such a knowledgeable player and the first person to take me in to beat the Balrog. Once we almost 4 or 6 manned it at level. We didn't quite make it, but we got damn close! I miss all of you guys and hearing this really saddened me! RIP, Perchelm! I'll be on my min for ya!

I heard about his asthma attack the other day and hoped not to see a post like this.

I will try to make the memorial event.
    [color=red]Urgbuz, Warleader - Urgbash, Reaver[/color]
    [color=lightblue]Zubgru Goldenmullet, Warden - Jonathalien, Hunter - Andraiel, Captain[/color]

I will be there on Elabor. My condolences to the family.
    Wolfgash - Rank 14 Warg, Gladden

I'm at a loss for words... Shame that such a great person has left this earth.

I'll be there, thanks for setting this up

-Bothalion / Cahboom

Yeah, it seemed like whenever we played whatever game we played, we always wound up talking about LotRO days on Vent. I don't think any of us has felt that sense of community in any games we've played since.
    Wishing the forums had a Like button for all these comments. I wanted to wait to post until I knew for sure. Actual time of death 6:15 pm this evening, his time. I first met Perch when I was a lowly Level 48 or so minstrel, with only like 1700 morale. I was not a gamer, had no idea what I was doing, and of course he inspected and started helping me learn how to improve. He said I could always ask him any questions, and I did, for the next 6 years. He was never condescending, not even when he called me "silly elf", was always helpful and kind. All of the people in AOD sort of took me under their wing, even though I didn't join the kin. Kinda like boy scouts helping a little old lady cross the road. I know Perch went to bat for me several times so that I could join raids, especially later with the alliances. He became a very good friend. One of my favorite memories, was walking into Lothlorien for the first time together. It was all golden and beautiful and peaceful, very elfy. You know, Perch was rather racist. It was fun when we learned, to get in to Caras Galadhon you had to have a good rep with the elves! I told him I would have to put in a good word for him. So that's how I choose to picture him tonight, strolling through some golden fields, golden light all around, probably to Mozart's All Turca or something, approaching the pearly gates. All you elves put in a good word for him ok? I'm sure they will throw the gates open wide and welcome him. There will be beautiful music there tonight. Perch we will miss you very much. Es, the silly elf
    Escylene Eschadriel Escargot Es Escaped

Quote Originally Posted by TexSun View Post
    Wishing the forums had a Like button for all these comments. I wanted to wait to post until I knew for sure. Actual time of death 6:15 pm this evening, his time. I first met Perch when I was a lowly Level 48 or so minstrel, with only like 1700 morale. I was not a gamer, had no idea what I was doing, and of course he inspected and started helping me learn how to improve. He said I could always ask him any questions, and I did, for the next 6 years. He was never condescending, not even when he called me "silly elf", was always helpful and kind. All of the people in AOD sort of took me under their wing, even though I didn't join the kin. Kinda like boy scouts helping a little old lady cross the road. I know Perch went to bat for me several times so that I could join raids, especially later with the alliances. He became a very good friend. One of my favorite memories, was walking into Lothlorien for the first time together. It was all golden and beautiful and peaceful, very elfy. You know, Perch was rather racist. It was fun when we learned, to get in to Caras Galadhon you had to have a good rep with the elves! I told him I would have to put in a good word for him. So that's how I choose to picture him tonight, strolling through some golden fields, golden light all around, probably to Mozart's All Turca or something, approaching the pearly gates. All you elves put in a good word for him ok? I'm sure they will throw the gates open wide and welcome him. There will be beautiful music there tonight. Perch we will miss you very much. Es, the silly elf
    Nicely said, Es.

Hey Van, I wrote a wiki for him about a month ago, http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/. Little did I know that something this tragic was going to take place. It's a my tribute to him. He was one of the best minstrels and people I knew in LOTRO, even though I didn't get to know him as well as I wanted to, but we had many epic and respectful battles in the moors, particularly 1v1s, and he was a great opponent/ally.

I'll hope I'm able to be there on December 3rd, I most likely will. May you all be blessed.

Quote Originally Posted by joshy8910 View Post
    Hey Van, I wrote a wiki for him about a month ago, http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/. Little did I know that something this tragic was going to take place. It's a my tribute to him. He was one of the best minstrels and people I knew in LOTRO, even though I didn't get to know him as well as I wanted to, but we had many epic and respectful battles in the moors, particularly 1v1s, and he was a great opponent/ally.

I'll hope I'm able to be there on December 3rd, I most likely will. May you all be blessed.
    Wow that wiki thread is great. Lots of great memories with the majority of people on the freep list.

Perch was one of the best minnies from what I remember. Sad to see him go..
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/8Hdrn38.jpg[/img]

although i haven't talked to Perch in ages, lots of memories of playing with him and others from long ago..very sorry to hear the news. my condolences go to his family. Thanks for making the thread and i'll do my best to attend the vigil
    Tides

So sorry to hear the news. He was THE minstrel back in the day and alot of fun to game with. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and Davrond will definitely try to make the vigil.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030100000f032e/signature.png]Pabloescobar[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast