We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is it worth getting?

So I haven't played lotro for like a half year since most of my friends left the game(Out of 20 guys 2 played recently...)but since HD is out im thinking of playing again.So is HD good?
    I.Is the landscape nice to view?
    II. Are there funny quests?
    III. Wargoats?
    IV. Good storyquests?
    V. Good Item rewards?
    VI. Good/acceptable skills?

Thanks in advance

Helms Deep just got out a few hours ago, and i must say im loving it.
    Changes to the classes and virtues are actually quite good.
    The Epic quest is, well EPIC!!! Regular quests are good aswell.
    The landscape is amazing as always.
    No wargoats
    I haven't tried out the Epic battles yet but i am sure they are fun aswell.
    If i were u i would buy it right now...

AND!! best of all, evrything is going smooth.(granted the 2 days delay wasn't Turbines fault) i patched the game logged on with no trouble. No lagg even tho the areas are packed with other players.
    Eldar: Amrodnir 85 HNT, Gimlikhad 85 RK, Gabiwith 85 Burg, Earendili 85 Champ
    Gilrain: Kimwyne lvl85 warden,Kimiriel 85 Minst, Kimlikhad 85 HNT
    Riddermark: Kimwyn 85 Guard

Well, i am updating the game right now and see a bit myself.(I still hope some of my friends come back though)But no Wargoats?D: Sapience WHY.YOU.DO.DIS.QUESTION.MARK.?

Frankly, NO. This is the worse thing to happen to a MMO since SWG, they've ruined the game.

Be carefull with your money

OK Here is what you have to ask yourself before buying HD.
    Will i have fun relearning your class to an extent?
    Will i have fun exploring helms deep and taking part big battles? I think there called "epic" battles but i refuse to call them that.
    Will i have fun even without my old friends?

If you answered any of these questions with yes than i think you will have a good time.... BUT for someone else to tell you " its awesome" "best expac ever" and you making your decision based off that is just silly. What if they are a total noob that dosent even know where angmar is?

Im just saying if you have fun playing lotro, than it should be your opinions on the game that make you want to play it.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000001c536b/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

So you haven't played for awhile. Do you remember anything about how to play your toon?

If not, you're golden.

If you DO remember how to play your toon... forget everything you remember, because it's gonna be completely different now.

Under NO circumstances should you purchase HD until you have experienced the class changes and determined for yourself whether you still enjoy playing.
    Don't tell me hobbits can't use Ceaseless Argument. I've met Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorwar View Post
    So I haven't played lotro for like a half year since most of my friends left the game(Out of 20 guys 2 played recently...)but since HD is out im thinking of playing again.So is HD good?
    I.Is the landscape nice to view?
    II. Are there funny quests?
    III. Wargoats?
    IV. Good storyquests?
    V. Good Item rewards?
    VI. Good/acceptable skills?

Thanks in advance
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. No
    4. Mostly
    5. Depends on what is a good item reward for you
    6. Big FAT no.
    Helm's Deep Devamp killed my long time toons. Currently bouncing around between post-HD newbie alts (a warden and champ) and other games.
    Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    http://cruciblegaming.com