We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Expansion Quad Pack?

When I bought the expansion of Moria, I received a month of VIP. Buying the Expansion Quad Pack' (expansions of Moria, Mirk, Isen and Rohan), I get another month or not?

There is no VIP time, or Turbine Points, attached to the Quad Pack offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkflecha View Post
    When I bought the expansion of Moria, I received a month of VIP. Buying the Expansion Quad Pack' (expansions of Moria, Mirk, Isen and Rohan), I get another month or not?
    You probably bought it as a pre-order. There doesn't appear to be anything like that now but it's still a good deal, especially for the next few days.

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...dalone-bundle/
    [EN] Snowbourn - Closed beta 2006 - Server Close. Transferred all characters to Evernight
    Anor Legendary server since 2018
    *Trodir High Elf Loremaster *Trodor Elf Hunter*

Quote Originally Posted by QuarterMasterU
    There is no VIP time, or Turbine Points, attached to the Quad Pack offer.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Taranis_EU
    You probably bought it as a pre-order. There doesn't appear to be anything like that now but it's still a good deal, especially for the next few days.

https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion...dalone-bundle/
    Yes! That's why I asked. Good deal. It would be better if it were still watching 1 month of VIP. ;D

How does purchasing the Quad pack relate to the trait system, gold cap etc.

I am of the understanding that if you spend money on the game these are opened - gaining full use of them, for characters you logged on to.
    (However if there is no vip time, that would mean these are not opened also?!?)

Perhaps my understanding in not correct... now? :-/
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001a3e91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I GOT MILK.

I have this doubt. If I buy this package, the traits and gold cap will be released? Or just buy VIP I'll have these benefits?

If I buy this package, the traits and gold cap will be released?
    See https://www.lotro.com/sites/default/...ip_grid_en.gif (ignoring that some numbers in that picture are horribly outdated). You will be elevated to Premium. You will not receive the VIP-only unlocks unless you already have them or get a subscription.
    Used to play: 85 Champ / Captain / Runekeeper / Guardian, Guild Master of everything but cooking.
    Playing now: Hellcat / King Tiger / GW Panther / IS / KV-5 / M4 Sherman and more

Quote Originally Posted by HomingEagle View Post
    I am of the understanding that if you spend money on the game these are opened - gaining full use of them, for characters you logged on to.
    (However if there is no vip time, that would mean these are not opened also?!?)

Perhaps my understanding in not correct... now? :-/
    This part hasn't changed since the game went Free to Play. If you are a free player and you spend money on the game (like buying the Quad Pack) you'll be permanently upgraded to Premium. That means your gold cap goes from 2g to 5g, you can trade and mail in-game currency, some chat restrictions are lifted, and you get 3 characters per server instead of 2.

In order to get full use of trait slots and access to swift travel, you need to be VIP or have logged in that character while VIP.
    <<Insert clever sig here>>

Yes! That's why I asked. Good deal. It would be better if it were still watching 1 month of VIP. ;D
    It can technically still be gotten, but only if you can track down a physical copy of Mines of Moria. (This was at least true when I did so, two years ago.)

It was never part of the LOTRO Store purchase.
    (I should probably change this to a real sig now, but I'm busy playing LotRO.)

Is there any way to buy the Quad Pack as a gift for someone else? Purchasing through the market seems to negate this ability since you have to log into the account that you want the expansions to apply to.
    Arkenstone: Amatalas (115 Hunter), Sylvira (115 Runekeeper), Matolo (105 Burglar), Matrem (105 Warden) and many, many more...

Long live Meneldor!

go to store.turbine.com (as opposed to store.lotro.com when following the menu link on this site) - from that store you'll get product codes e-mailed to you aswell as shown immediately upon purchase. I got 2xRoR just yesterday from there and applied one code to my account and gave the other to my wife

Figured I'd ask here as the thread is here.

Oddly enough, I purchased the Quad Pack, and only have four character slots available.

Shouldn't I have 5? 3 from Premium plus 2 from Moria?

Quote Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
    Figured I'd ask here as the thread is here.

Oddly enough, I purchased the Quad Pack, and only have four character slots available.

Shouldn't I have 5? 3 from Premium plus 2 from Moria?
    The good news is yes you should. Were you already premium or did buy the quad pack as a free player, and (correctly) expecting that purchase to upgrade your sub to premium? Sometimes the sub upgrade takes a little time to register, particularly if you were maybe logged in to the game when you made the purchase.

Yeah, was a free player. Just started playing. Picked up the Quad Pack 'cause it was on sale. The quad pack itself unlocked immediately, why I was confused about only having 4 slots instead of 5. Will submit a ticket, just in case.

Does your character select screen still say "Free" rather than "Premium" at the top? It might be that it just takes a little while. If it's not cleared up in a day or two - contact account support, preferably by calling.

Ah! Yes, it does. My eyes skimmed right over that.

I submitted a ticket, will wait a day and call if they don't handle it. Should be simple to flag it if something went wrong.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnescott View Post
    Is there any way to buy the Quad Pack as a gift for someone else? Purchasing through the market seems to negate this ability since you have to log into the account that you want the expansions to apply to.
    So I tried this (Store.Turbine.com), but alas, the Quad pack was not available on this version of the store

Had to go a different route for my son's Christmas present. Oh well
    Arkenstone: Amatalas (115 Hunter), Sylvira (115 Runekeeper), Matolo (105 Burglar), Matrem (105 Warden) and many, many more...

Long live Meneldor!