We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Glittering Caves Map

After running The Glittering Caves for the second time, I thought a map might be helpful, so here's my first stab at it. Not to scale, just a rough layout of where things are.

Can folks help me with missing items? Kinnies have filled in some of them, but locations for some of the side quests - Bombs and Bats, Cave In, and Preparing the Charge - need verification or clarification (e.g. where exactly are the bats?). I know there are multiple crystals, but I only marked the Spider Assault one; if there are others that need to be protected or interacted with, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Edit: Side quest locations confirmed, uploaded corrected map.

Notes: When in the Helm's Deep "Before Dawn" instance for Volume III Book 13 (accessed using the barrel near Gleowine), the portal to the caves is located north of PC. For the final assault, Gamling and Gimli move to the central positions marked as “Gamling 2” and “Gimli 2.”
    Last edited by Saniko; Feb 01 2014 at 04:41 AM.
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador, Rhovanion, Gondor, and Mordor
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.

Thankyou for this, i'm sure this will be appreciated.

I initially was very confused with this instance, after a few runs I have memorised the layout as one should yet I see soooo many complaints about the lack of a map and to be frank people are just being lazy.

Hopefully this will be utilised and aid in reducing the excessive complaints.
    #1 Power Stacker Of Arkenstone!
    We are the Gods NOW!
    Legona.

Thumbs up Thank You!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saniko View Post
    After running The Glittering Caves for the second time, I thought a map might be helpful, so here's my first stab at it. Not to scale, just a rough layout of where things are.

Can folks help me with missing items? Kinnies have filled in some of them, but locations for some of the side quests - Bombs and Bats, Cave In, and Preparing the Charge - need verification or clarification (e.g. where exactly are the bats?). I know there are multiple crystals, but I only marked the Spider Assault one; if there are others that need to be protected or interacted with, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Love the map! Helps out a lot to learn the side quest locations fast! Thanks, again!!!

Nice job! Don't know about BB or CI quests, never seen them, but I can confirm that you have PC in exactly the right place. Can remove the ? for that one.

Great diagram!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's a screenshot-tile map to help with this confusing area. The blue is meant to clarify non-obvious borders. I'll try to make it more useful later.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000003bb3ee/signature.png]Grindylowe[/charsig]

Glad this could be of use!

Thanks Angadan, I removed the question mark lol. No other updates I'm afraid, been spending my time enjoying the HD landscape/story lately, so I haven't run GC since. But it's on my to do list!

Lithrael, that's awesome! How'd you put that together? And does it really say "Beach Access"? o.o
    Laineth, Lassdhel, Rikkom, Rilem, & alts
    Scholar Resource Maps for Eriador, Rhovanion, Gondor, and Mordor
    Many hands make light work; please help update the LOTRO Wiki!
    It takes a tree decades to grow to maturity, minutes to cut it down.