We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Difficulty with getting Plugin seen

I apologize in advance if this question has been addressed already. A pointer to the answer would be appreciated, however, I have gone through the pages looking for one.

Would anyone be able to suggest a reason why I cannot get any plugin to load into the list of them in the the manager?

I have searched this out. I have followed all the guides to the letter - having a plugin folder in the right spot for one (using Win XP still), having the folders nested properly (no extra folders for names or anything like that).

I simply can't get a list of the plugins, either with the Turbine plugin manager or even able to load them manually via /load <plugin name>

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Even though you believe you have the plugins in the correct folder, the issue you are having is due to the game not finding the plugins in the correct folder.

The most common mistake is putting them in the "C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online" folder.

If you are using XP, the correct folder is:
    "My Documents"\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\

This folder should include separate folders for each author's plugins (some author's issue each plugin with it's own folder). This subfolder hierarchy is not extra or optional, the author folder must exist. If you put .plugin files directly under the Plugins folder they will not be read.

So for my plugins, there is a folder:
    "My Documents"\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\GaranStuff\

inside the author's folder should be the .plugin files and a folder for each plugin (some plugins can reside in the same folder) and possibly optional .plugincompendium files.
    so for AltInventory you would have:
    "My Documents"\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\GaranStuff\AltI nventory.plugin
    "My Documents"\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\GaranStuff\AltI nventory.plugincompendium
    and a folder:
    "My Documents"\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins\GaranStuff\AltI nventory\
    which would have a bunch of .lua files and a subfolder(s) for resources, etc.

Note, after changing folders you should restart the client if it was running.