We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Slow Going?

Slow Going & Positional Attacks

I just made a burg alt as my single-target DPS on my champ is low. My early impression is that, between the tedious sneaking up on a mob in stealth and the general attacks after the first one, killing seems very slow. Does this pick up with levels?

I was thinking of doing the Gambler tree. My goal is fast single-target kills without having to worry too much about positional attacks.

Thanks!

Edit: I upgraded weapons and that helped quite a bit.
    Last edited by Castamere2013; Dec 17 2013 at 11:48 PM.

Be thankful, leveling a Burglar used to be much worse. It definitely picks up the further you get, and you get pretty good once you're level capped and can use all your skills and legacy points and such.

Gambler is more survival-orientated than Quiet Knife is. That's not to say you can't get good DPS in Gambler, but you'll most likely do more DPS in QK.
    Exploit

OK. Do you have to change position constantly in QK?

I mostly do solo PvE.

Your damage in Quiet Knife will benefit greatly by getting into position, but you're not required to do so. Everything on the landscape at the moment is so easy you don't need to.

If you do want to get your positional damage though, the best way to do it is to stun your target. (Stun Dust, Startling Twist, Exploit Opening, etc.)
    Exploit

Is Gambler viable for solo PvE?

Yes and also MM. All three Traitroles are viable at the moment for pure Solo PVE.

My burglar is level 49 right now and I can say it has definitely gotten better after lvl 45. This might be because we get our LIs at 45, idk, but I have noticed that many of our best things come late. We are also a class largely based around crit, and everyone has painfully low crit chances at low levels. Once you get higher level, better gear, max out the crit traits and gain new crit enhancing abilities (like the QK capstone) it will get better. Don't forget things like gamblers strike or coup de grace, you will see a DMG boost. Gambler seemed so weak while questing before, now with gamblers strike I can kill mobs in seconds by stacking a high tier dmging gamble without having to rely on a crit. As for QK, it also seems like flashing blades scales decently with level as its actually starting to deal decent DMG now.

However if your looking for a single target monster instead of sneaking around disabling enemies, you might like Hunter, RK or Minstrel more. I also have a high 40s Minstrel and call to fate deals ~4k instant burst DMG and has a 10 second CD... so you essentially 1 shot every mob always. Also, at this level my champion seemed to tear through stuff quicker than my burglar... and you said you were not impressed with Champ single target DPS.... sooo....