We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Great job!! Seems to me that communitiy is doing more than the devs

Seems to be answered by quite some forum lurkers who didn't buy HD and who don't have a character at 95. And I am the only one who wants to see crafting adressed first so far

A couple of notes (because I quite like the idea and how it is executed):

1. Questions that allow multiple answers shouldn't present the results as %-distribution (doesn't make much sense). Absolute value only is OK.
    e.g. 'Which Expansions have you bought for the game?'
    e.g. 'Which of the following contacting means for customer service have you already used?'
    e.g. 'Which of the following means do you use to inform yourself about "Lord of the Rings online"?'

2. Questions like: 'How many chars do you have at maximum level (95)' shouldn't offer the same number in more than 1 answer, i.e. option '4-5' and then another option '5-10'. You get a 'split' of the population with 5 characters. Perhaps merge '4-5' with '5-10' and call it '4-10' (quite the same anyway). Can be done after closing the survey, I guess.

One more time - nice work.

./completed and thanks to you for trying to see how we feel
    Founding Member of the Vocal Minority....

"Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."
    Captain Malcolm Reynolds

No question regarding the trait / skill trees? This abomination is the reason I can't bear to log in now. I still hang around with the faint hope that there may be some change in direction. Not holding my breath though.

I wonder if you will be able to consolidate the 'other' free text answers? I'm sure there will be some interesting data there.

Nice to have someone taking an interest in players' opinions (period...)

Thanks all for taking the time to fill this out.

I know myself and a couple other council members are gathering data currently from the results.

Zume and I are also going to look it over and maybe we can refine it with some "why do you feel this way" boxes

Yicky(R13) Weaver - Now Arkenstone{LOTRO Player Council member 3 years}
    The Black Appendage of Sauron - Leader
    Orenia | Shaxell | Ornethia: Misadventurers Kinship - Arkenstone

Thank you for creating this survey, I have duly completed it with my thoughts. I left you some feedback about how some of it could be changed, but overall was happy with the experience.

It certainly made a change to be able to see the results and comments, and was gratifying that so far anyway, the results are how I would expect.

Just expect people to shoot it down and tell you that unless you surveyed the entire world that it's invalid, and for official commenters to tell you that it's also not going to be paid much heed.

I wish it would be though - already it seems pretty telling that not all in the garden is rosy - on MANY aspects.

Just what us "vocal minority" thought anyway, but hey ho.

I wish Turbine would do something like this; have the link in the launcher. It would 1. Make players feel that their opinion matters (even if Turbine never acted upon any of this.) and 2. Maybe give Turbine some data that would be useful. It's quite troubling, (I would think) for Turbine that their huge investment on Big Battles has apparently fallen flat. After only a month since HD launched and very poor numbers for Big Battles.
    *Shaedoe 140 Loremaster "The Diva" * Boudicia 140 Captain * Asilith 140 Hunter * Elisel 140 Mini * Lywynn 125 Guard * Elisal 140 RK * Pupyluv Rank 6 Stalker

Completed, thank you for creating the survey.

Shumzuda R11 Blackarrow - Shumheals R6 Defiler - Shumzud R6 Warg Beardhug R9 Champion - Majeika R8 LM - Chuffnel Burglar
    Not all those who wander are lost.

The survey is a nice idea and all but i noticed it can be taken over and over again. So if someone wanted to they could just take the survey repeatedly and rig the results to their liking. Which makes the survey untrusting.

Thank you for trying tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    So if someone wanted to they could just take the survey repeatedly and rig the results to their liking
    Indeed this is one argument Turbine could hold up if they were to even bother disputing the results. Conversely, when the poll closes it would be interesting to know what proportion of survey submissions came from IP addresses in Massachusetts... Yes there is potential for abuse, but unless there is a controlled survey (maybe one submission per lotro account/IP) then what hope does anyone have of getting an accurate idea of how to please players, and in turn fulfil Turbine's primary goal? Dunno.

Isn't there some settings to change to let people only fill it in once? Since it's Google I'm sure they had money enough to add a function like that Also, there's probably a lot of people who uses it for serious stuff, so I'm sure the users would have wanted at least some way of making sure that they got the true results and not what some dishonest people have spent a lot of time filling in over and over again
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Cant praise the initiative in creating this survey enough, this is something Turbine should be doing twice a year. This is the first time since in over five years that Ive felt someone is making an effort to listen, even if it isn't officially sanctioned. I don't see how they can really know what people want without this kind of detailed information. I don't think data mined from within the game is enough.

Since i haven't seen anything in the past i can only assume Turbine doesn't care about player opinion, or catering to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eillwen View Post

Since i haven't seen anything in the past i can only assume Turbine doesn't care about player opinion, or catering to it.
    They have them. I've missed several, myself, as I tend to never check the email address they have down for me.

Thanks for your feedback.

As far as there were questions about the multiple questions: I cannot change google docs behaviour in that, although you are certainly right and percentages given are wrong in there. I also cannot avoid people to fill out the form multiple times, as the controls for this are totally on google's side. Anyway, by deleting the cookies you can fool most surveys and other pages like that, so i do not think there exists some absolute incorruptible script for polls like this in the 'net.

Results are to be viewed by everyone, here is the link for it :

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ESI.../viewanalytics

I'll edit it into the first posting also.

if you'd like to see it, i also made a german language poll with the same questions. Results are here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1wy9.../viewanalytics

Seems to be german players are a little more eager on stuff like this. I got nearly as many "german" answers as "english" ones, although there certainly are a lot more english players than german ones.

Thanks to Delmore for correcting my grammar. I hope everything is understandable now.

Yours,
    Suse
    Chars: Vathyri (Hauptmann, 85) , Ythiliel (Jäger, 67) auf Belegaer [DE-RP]
    ~ Faer Eryn ~ Die Geister des Waldes

Quote Originally Posted by Gagmuk View Post
    The survey is a nice idea and all but i noticed it can be taken over and over again. So if someone wanted to they could just take the survey repeatedly and rig the results to their liking. Which makes the survey untrusting.

Thank you for trying tho.
    This. I can guarantee you that your results are loaded without looking at it. I like the poll, but as said, without control it can be rigged to say whatever a group wants it to.
    [B]Crafting - Explorer - Tailor/Forestor/Prospector - 9s Across the Board[/B]

I'm just curious - why do you have discovery/area design as the same thing as they're not really the same?

I would categorize discovery as going out and discovering new areas that you've never been to. Part of the thrill of discovery was filling in your map by clearing away the Fog of War. They completely removed that and now discovery is pretty much meaningless since the quests push you to the areas and there's no discovering other than finding the new guy with a ring over his head.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuMe View Post
    As far as there were questions about the multiple questions: I cannot change google docs behaviour in that, ...
    My apologies. I never did one of these things myself, so I thought the user is given a bit more freedom in the design.

One question to you (also *inofficial*, but kinda tricky): How do you explain (just to yourself) the notable difference in some of the answers between the 'English' and the German players?

ZuMe, this is a brilliant idea in my opinion! Thanks for the all the work you invested in creating this query.

I realised one difference between the English and the German version:

What will be you main activity in the near future (2-4 months) ?
    and

Was soll in naher Zukunft (2-4 Monate) Ihre Hauptbeschäftigung sein?
    In the English version it says "will be" and in the German version it says "should be". This is a significant difference!
    Eruadarion | Captain | on Gwaihir [EU-DE]
    www.avorthalier.eu

Thanks for setting this up, guys.

I did respond, but one thing I left out is this:

Would the Player Council ever consider lobbying for an SOA book 15 classic server for VIPs? Perhaps a Moria one later on with a character copy option if the first is successful?

The reason I ask is because I know a lot of people I've talked to would like it. And quite frankly, this game just isn't remotely what I originally signed up for. I would gladly pay a sub again for that. It was the best time I ever had gaming. Ever. I just can't log in much anymore, and I definitely can't stand to give Turbine more money after what they'e done with this expansion.

Please? Would you consider it?

not working

Quote Originally Posted by ZuMe View Post
    Hi there,

i made a google docs query about player satisfaction with LotRO. Certainly, this query is of an entirely inofficial nature.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ESI...Xob90/viewform

Short-Url (easier for typing):

http://goo.gl/afDKmR

I appreciate it very much if you'd like to give feedback. It takes about approx. 5 minutes to do.

Results so far can be seen here :

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ESI.../viewanalytics

Yours,
    Suse
    I would love to take the survey but it comes up with the message not accepting responses for me

I too cannot get in to take the survey, I am getting:

"1 - Satisfaction with "Lord of the Rings online"

Das Formular "1 - Zufriedenheit mit "Herr der Ringe online"" nimmt keine weiteren Antworten mehr an.Kontaktieren Sie den Inhaber des Formulars, wenn Sie der Meinung sind, dass hier ein Fehler vorliegt."

If it gets fixed, I will gladly participate.

Tarndir-94 Hunter, Tarnderial-73 Rune-Keeper, Sinirond-71 Guardian, Danalla-44 Champion, Tarnderia-28 Burglar
    Dainia-41 Warden, Dainelle-28 Minnie, Tarnderick-42 Captain, Sindrelia-37 Lore-Master
    Leader of The Riders of the Storm ---- Elendilmir

Sadly also get the notice that the survey can not be taken..

Quote Originally Posted by ViewAnalytics
    No responses
    Dunno Why.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast