We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Can you explain to me this???

Before i Begin i have to say that this is my first thread and post on these forums.
    Ok back to my problem,i have frame rate drops since i came back after 2 years of absence.i dont unterstand why put bree and in most other areas with some npc battles i have frame drops ofc this wouldn't be a problem if i was just killing mobs and soloed the game but this is not my type.Back with siege of mirkwood i had no frame rate drops and my frames never got below 55 frame rates my specs were above reconmended cause i had 2 gigs of ram,dual core intel cpu 2ghz and the gts geforce 8800,while i had this card i ran the game at MAX! and did 2 failed skirmish raids and many 6 man barrow down instances.Now i changed that card with a good amd HD 6000 series which supports dirextX11 and was a bit faster then the 8800 gts card used and when i saw HD expasion i came back,i started leveing my low level toon and didnt saw many frame rate drops and i had to say that i never went to bree casue i only did skirmishes during my return BUT now that i joined a Kinship and did some raids and played ALL the epic battles or "big battles" and did the moria and the shadows of angmar epic quests i witness serius frame rate drops below 30!!!! while i accept 30 stable frame rate i dont accept 15 frames per second.Now i can skip raids i CANT skip epic battles.i bought an expasion just for those and i cant enjoy them for 2 reason one for the frames and the other for their buggy state and demands for its objectives.
    I really want some info on what happend during my time of absence and help me at least get some playable frame rates on epic battles.
    i tryed to run it at max with directX11 and 10 and didnt enjoy it and nowi ran it at high in most setting except shadows which are low and textures which are very high and AA at 2x which i dont like for the most part.

If you didnt untetstood what i said please forgive me but i am desperate.

John(Arandigos).
    Edit:Also the frames remains 15 or lower even on low settings and i see 5-9 frames boost when not battling uruks or anything
    Last edited by Arandigos; Dec 29 2013 at 12:26 PM.

To begin with, this belongs in the Technical Support Forum.

Also, some system information would help, such as:

CPU, Video card, Mother Board, RAM, Power Supply, OS, video drivers, sound card and sound drivers, are ALL of your drivers up to date, is your OS up to date. what is your monitor, does it need drivers, are they installed, up to date, and so on, what type of computer are you running - desktop, laptop, tablet, when was the last time your cleaned it allowing for better air flow for better cooling, and so on
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    To begin with, this belongs in the Technical Support Forum.

Also, some system information would help, such as:

CPU, Video card, Mother Board, RAM, Power Supply, OS, video drivers, sound card and sound drivers, are ALL of your drivers up to date, is your OS up to date. what is your monitor, does it need drivers, are they installed, up to date, and so on, what type of computer are you running - desktop, laptop, tablet, when was the last time your cleaned it allowing for better air flow for better cooling, and so on
    Yea i know but i also want info on what happend.its seems you didnt read or couldn't read my post cause i said that i have an AMD HD 6740 2gig card up to date an intel core pentium dual e2200 2.20GHz and 2 gigs of RAM my powersupply and motherboard dont seem to have problems cause they were able to run this game with less powerful card at MAX setting with 60 frames so i wont bother.All my drivers are up to date and i have windows 7 32 bit my monitor is a flatron Slim Lg 1280x1024 Res.Also i have tested to mute the sound and the frame drops still remain,i also tryed to lower settings which also didnt help.i tryed to run auto detect settings lotro gave me and still have frame drops.i mostly play with frame drops when somethings awesome happends(things its a curse),still it seems the game has changed but the specs have not could you inform me for those past events???

Turbine 'improved' the graphics in Bree, but in such a way that it hogs graphics memory. Before the improvements I used to get 25-30FPS in Bree, since the improvements on the same rig with no changes I still get 25-30FPS in almost every region up to Moria (not tried it further than that), but only get 2-5FPS if I enter Bree, with awful lag and rubber-banding. It has to be the way that the graphics were programmed or something, because I get far better performance on much more graphically demanding games than Lotro using my setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Wof View Post
    Turbine 'improved' the graphics in Bree, but in such a way that it hogs graphics memory. Before the improvements I used to get 25-30FPS in Bree, since the improvements on the same rig with no changes I still get 25-30FPS in almost every region up to Moria (not tried it further than that), but only get 2-5FPS if I enter Bree, with awful lag and rubber-banding. It has to be the way that the graphics were programmed or something, because I get far better performance on much more graphically demanding games than Lotro using my setup!
    it seems this year games are mend to have frame rate problems pfffff.i can play withcer 2 with 30 frames and very good image quality and here not even low offers me 30 frames.Also bree feels the same i see no change.

There is a thread on the new requirements, having trouble finding it right now, but 2 gig memory is too low, get 2 more. Plus 2.2ghz on a 32 bit system is kinda low too.
    they are recommending 3.0 ghz, go to your advanced video and turn your textures down might help a bit.
    Remember there are minimum requirements and recommended requirements. Minimum allows game play at medium and under settings( more likely low)
    With the revamp of Bree it really works your card, as with anything past Isengard.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoman View Post
    There is a thread on the new requirements, having trouble finding it right now, but 2 gig memory is too low, get 2 more. Plus 2.2ghz on a 32 bit system is kinda low too.
    they are recommending 3.0 ghz, go to your advanced video and turn your textures down might help a bit.
    Remember there are minimum requirements and recommended requirements. Minimum allows game play at medium and under settings( more likely low)
    With the revamp of Bree it really works your card, as with anything past Isengard.
    Yea those 2 parts are outdated but hey 3.0GHz quad or dual core???

Quote Originally Posted by Arandigos View Post
    Yea i know but i also want info on what happend.its seems you didnt read or couldn't read my post cause i said that i have an AMD HD 6740 2gig card up to date an intel core pentium dual e2200 2.20GHz and 2 gigs of RAM my powersupply and motherboard dont seem to have problems cause they were able to run this game with less powerful card at MAX setting with 60 frames so i wont bother.All my drivers are up to date and i have windows 7 32 bit my monitor is a flatron Slim Lg 1280x1024 Res.Also i have tested to mute the sound and the frame drops still remain,i also tryed to lower settings which also didnt help.i tryed to run auto detect settings lotro gave me and still have frame drops.i mostly play with frame drops when somethings awesome happends(things its a curse),still it seems the game has changed but the specs have not could you inform me for those past events???
    There is your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    There is your issue.
    Hmmm how much ram do i need then 4gig or 8 to get 30 stable freams at epic battles or raids.this could help me alot as i am already looking to upgrade parts of my pc.

Hmmm how much ram do i need then 4gig or 8 to get 30 stable freams at epic battles or raids.this could help me alot as i am already looking to upgrade parts of my pc.
    After some search i did now it seems ram will help alot as i use high settings and i need more ram.the card is already well as well as the cpu.dont know but the cpu is barely and 80% of the cpu is used.
    In conclusion ram is too low for the settings i use and the system i am using.
    The thread can be closed.
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoman View Post
    Sorry that thread is irrelevent since it is highly inaccurate. When games with minimum requirements over double what Lotro says it needs work perfectly with higher frame rates than Lotro does then it can't be the system specs that are at fault or there would be problems with those other games to. I have tried Lotro on three seperate systems and all suffered the same drop in FPS with Lotro, but not with WoW, Vanguard, Rift, NW, Conan, Wildstar and others. This indicates that it is probably the coding that is inefficient and causing the problem. Let's face it, they are pushing the limits with such an old engine that was never intended to cope with ever higher graphics demands and it is bound to be less efficient than more modern games.

Sorry that thread is irrelevent since it is highly inaccurate. When games with minimum requirements over double what Lotro says it needs work perfectly with higher frame rates than Lotro does then it can't be the system specs that are at fault or there would be problems with those other games to. I have tried Lotro on three seperate systems and all suffered the same drop in FPS with Lotro, but not with WoW, Vanguard, Rift, NW, Conan, Wildstar and others. This indicates that it is probably the coding that is inefficient and causing the problem. Let's face it, they are pushing the limits with such an old engine that was never intended to cope with ever higher graphics demands and it is bound to be less efficient than more modern games.
    What texture resolution are those games using? Do they use bump or normal mapping? What sort of atmospherics do they use sky dome, box, volumetric? Do they use fast mipmapping or dynamic? Are environments static or dynamic?

You can't really compare games that way, it's apples and peaches.

Quote Originally Posted by manstan View Post
    What texture resolution are those games using? Do they use bump or normal mapping? What sort of atmospherics do they use sky dome, box, volumetric? Do they use fast mipmapping or dynamic? Are environments static or dynamic?

You can't really compare games that way, it's apples and peaches.
    Aaaah, you seem to think that Lotro quoting miimum specs are definitive, but other games doing the same are variables? That is exactly what I just said, Lotro quoting minimum specs are irelevent as they are only a basic and highly inaccurate guide, after all; "what are Lotro's texture resolution, does it use bump or normal mapping? What sort of atmospherics does it use sky dome, box, volumetric? Does it use fast mipmapping or dynamic? Are environments static or dynamic?" The quoted Lotro specs don't address those issues, so what is the point quoting them?

The answer is, The new zones are optimised poorly to not at all. We may see some improvement in the next year but the problem is turbine as become lazy about optimising since isengard.

Aaaah, you seem to think that Lotro quoting miimum specs are definitive, but other games doing the same are variables? That is exactly what I just said, Lotro quoting minimum specs are irelevent as they are only a basic and highly inaccurate guide, after all; "what are Lotro's texture resolution, does it use bump or normal mapping? What sort of atmospherics does it use sky dome, box, volumetric? Does it use fast mipmapping or dynamic? Are environments static or dynamic?" The quoted Lotro specs don't address those issues, so what is the point quoting them?
    The system minimum specs have not been updated in a real long time and are not close to accurate for new or updated zones. I find everything that happened during isengard and earlier seem to listen to these specs but areas that where updated or added later don't.

It was lost in the block/wall of text, like above.

You are running on 2GB of RAM? If you can find expansion RAM and can afford it, up it to at least 4 GB. Your OS is doing a lot of swapping to run LoTRO and the swapping is eating CPU cycles thus lowering your FPS and making the game feel chunky.
    Ujest - 140 Lore-master, Opun Tia – 107 Warden, Tummi - 105 Captain, Veneur - 75 Hunter, Cneasai - 66 Minstrel, plus alts and mules
    Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly – Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

and Star Citizen…

Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    It was lost in the block/wall of text, like above.

You are running on 2GB of RAM? If you can find expansion RAM and can afford it, up it to at least 4 GB. Your OS is doing a lot of swapping to run LoTRO and the swapping is eating CPU cycles thus lowering your FPS and making the game feel chunky.
    Yea but no matter the settings vlow or very high the frames i get if i lower the quality is only 10 frames from 15 frames on epic when i play them on very hign and 23 when i run it on very low.for some reason those enw areas or the upgraded ones make my lose frames not the current ones,am at mirkwood playing on directx11 high and get 60 frames with every things high and AA at 8x.ofc i am already looking for new ram or to expand it.

Quote Originally Posted by sakisman View Post
    The system minimum specs have not been updated in a real long time and are not close to accurate for new or updated zones.
    The system specs were updated this month, both Minimum and Recommended.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...rements-Update

LOTRO is DEAD to me from now on!

Ty for your opinions about this matter.i tryied the extra ram solution and puted 2 more gigs making it 4 and the only thing that was solved was the freezing the rest of my problems(frame droping mainly) were cpu was the problem and for that i cant do anything to solve it cause my pc is old to support new hardware.in other words i need a new pc,now normaly thats good but well i didnt return just to play a lotr game,i returned here so i can keep my self entertained while saving for a new pc.since i cant do that cause this game doubled its specs i cant stay here seeing 9 frames on bree and rohan citys and still cant do raiding,if i need a quad core cpu just to play an old game that supported a single core then sorry i cant stay here,dont have the rig to experience the game at its full glory.

Now while i tryied even the lowest settings the game only gave a boost once i disabled shadows(about 5 frames boost)all other options didnt helped at all and made the game look so bad.it became clear that the cpu was being overused for useless staff(grass to cover the ugly terrain in rohan)and bottleneck the gpu(20-15%of my gpu was used according to gpu-z and amd catalyst centre).

Anyways just to let some of you to think about from this thread i want you to see the previous specs and the current ones and tell me what you think when you see them.

Previous specs
    Minimum Requirements
    cpu:Pentium 4 1.3GHz or Athlon XP 1600
    gpu:GeForce 8300 GS or Radeon HD 3200
    ram:1 GB

Recommended Requirements
    cpu:Pentium 4 3.2GHz or Athlon 64 3500
    gpu:GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or Radeon X1800 Series 256MB

Current specs
    Minimum Requirements
    cpu: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.0GHz
    gpu: 128MB (onboard) Directx9 support
    ram: 1GB (2.0GB for Vista)

Recommended Requirements
    cpu: Dual-Core 2.66 GHz
    gpu: 512MB dedicated discrete card with Directx 9 latest version support
    ram: 2GB minimum

Normaly the current ones are false cause you need 4 gb of ram and well a quad core just to see an acceptable level of frames in citys and raids.what you see in current specs are what lotro was played in full settings with minor problems in frames everywhere in pre isengard expansion times now to play in rohan you need 4 gb(8 recomended by most of you)and a quad core so you can see the lifeless citys of rohan and the city of bree.

Ty for your opinions about this matter.i tryied the extra ram solution and puted 2 more gigs making it 4 and the only thing that was solved was the freezing the rest of my problems(frame droping mainly) were cpu was the problem and for that i cant do anything to solve it cause my pc is old to support new hardware.in other words i need a new pc,now normaly thats good but well i didnt return just to play a lotr game,i returned here so i can keep my self entertained while saving for a new pc.since i cant do that cause this game doubled its specs i cant stay here seeing 9 frames on bree and rohan citys and still cant do raiding,if i need a quad core cpu just to play an old game that supported a single core then sorry i cant stay here,dont have the rig to experience the game at its full glory.

Now while i tryied even the lowest settings the game only gave a boost once i disabled shadows(about 5 frames boost)all other options didnt helped at all and made the game look so bad.it became clear that the cpu was being overused for useless staff(grass to cover the ugly terrain in rohan)and bottleneck the gpu(20-15%of my gpu was used according to gpu-z and amd catalyst centre).

Anyways just to let some of you to think about from this thread i want you to see the previous specs and the current ones and tell me what you think when you see them.

Previous specs
    Minimum Requirements
    cpu:Pentium 4 1.3GHz or Athlon XP 1600
    gpu:GeForce 8300 GS or Radeon HD 3200

Recommended Requirements
    cpu:Pentium 4 3.2GHz or Athlon 64 3500
    gpu:GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or Radeon X1800 Series 256MB

Current specs
    Minimum Requirements
    cpu: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.0GHz
    gpu: 128MB (onboard) Directx9 support
    ram: 1GB (2.0GB for Vista)

Recommended Requirements
    cpu: Dual-Core 2.66 GHz
    gpu: 512MB dedicated discrete card with Directx 9 latest version support
    ram: 2GB minimum

Normaly the current ones are false cause you need 4 gb of ram and well a quad core just to see an acceptable level of frames in citys and raids.what you see in current specs are what lotro was played in full settings with minor problems in frames everywhere in pre isengard expansion times now to play in rohan you need 4 gb(8 recomended by most of you)and a quad core so you can see the lifeless citys of rohan and the city of bree.
    Personally I am playing with 2.0Ghz, single core, 1Gb RAM and 128Mb integrated graphics laptop. I have no problems and 30+FPS everywhere up to Moria EXCEPT in Bree town. Obviously you only need the higher specs if you are playing in the newest areas where graphics aren't as well coded, or in Bree town itself, which experienced a massive frame rate drop after they "improved" the graphics, which actually did nothing to improve the game. As for the new better graphics, they look nice the first time but after that who cares? They would have been better improving the game itself instead of prettying things up and leaving the real problems untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    Personally I am playing with 2.0Ghz, single core, 1Gb RAM and 128Mb integrated graphics laptop. I have no problems and 30+FPS everywhere up to Moria EXCEPT in Bree town. Obviously you only need the higher specs if you are playing in the newest areas where graphics aren't as well coded, or in Bree town itself, which experienced a massive frame rate drop after they "improved" the graphics, which actually did nothing to improve the game. As for the new better graphics, they look nice the first time but after that who cares? They would have been better improving the game itself instead of prettying things up and leaving the real problems untouched.
    I just checked Bree, and it seems quite playable to me on an inexpensive system. I'm getting 20-30 fps with a combination of high and medium advanced graphics settings in town. I personally do care that it looks more detailed and more like a working town than it did before. I applaud the remake and I'm glad we still have it. I'm looking forward to upgrades of other early zones.

My specs:
    Acer Chromebook C720 running Ubuntu 13.10 and Wine 1.7.xx.
    2GB RAM, 128GB SSD.
    Integrated Haswell graphics.
    Total cost $300 ($200 for the Chromebook, $100 for the SSD upgrade - but it ran fine off an SD card before I upgraded my SSD).

I know Linux isn't for the faint of heart, but my point is that you don't need an expensive machine to have a playable LotRO.
    Tuco of the Quick Post

Before i Begin i have to say that this is my first thread and post on these forums.
    Ok back to my problem,i have frame rate drops since i came back after 2 years of absence.i dont unterstand why put bree and in most other areas with some npc battles i have frame drops ofc this wouldn't be a problem if i was just killing mobs and soloed the game but this is not my type.Back with siege of mirkwood i had no frame rate drops and my frames never got below 55 frame rates my specs were above reconmended cause i had 2 gigs of ram,dual core intel cpu 2ghz and the gts geforce 8800,while i had this card i ran the game at MAX! and did 2 failed skirmish raids and many 6 man barrow down instances.Now i changed that card with a good amd HD 6000 series which supports dirextX11 and was a bit faster then the 8800 gts card used and when i saw HD expasion i came back,i started leveing my low level toon and didnt saw many frame rate drops and i had to say that i never went to bree casue i only did skirmishes during my return BUT now that i joined a Kinship and did some raids and played ALL the epic battles or "big battles" and did the moria and the shadows of angmar epic quests i witness serius frame rate drops below 30!!!! while i accept 30 stable frame rate i dont accept 15 frames per second.Now i can skip raids i CANT skip epic battles.i bought an expasion just for those and i cant enjoy them for 2 reason one for the frames and the other for their buggy state and demands for its objectives.
    I really want some info on what happend during my time of absence and help me at least get some playable frame rates on epic battles.
    i tryed to run it at max with directX11 and 10 and didnt enjoy it and nowi ran it at high in most setting except shadows which are low and textures which are very high and AA at 2x which i dont like for the most part.

If you didnt untetstood what i said please forgive me but i am desperate.

John(Arandigos).
    Edit:Also the frames remains 15 or lower even on low settings and i see 5-9 frames boost when not battling uruks or anything
    You have very long winded sentences. You also favor the comma instead of the period.
    Your lack of proper punctuation makes me wonder how anyone understood your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuma View Post
    You have very long winded sentences. You also favor the comma instead of the period.
    Your lack of proper punctuation makes me wonder how anyone understood your point.
    ok then let me sort my long post in a few lines.the game at the time of 2011 free to play update run at constand 60 frames and didnt droped to 30 in skrmish raids with my gtsgeforce 8800,2.2ghz cpu,2gb ram ddr2.after i returned i saw my frames droping below 30 in bree and made instances unplayable,while i am able to see 60 frames in thorins hall the other free peoples major town.

if you didnt unterstoud that either then dont bother answering.if you do answe then i know you unterstoud it.

Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    what i notice is when i enter an area with to many npc,mob and character modules on my screen now i have nearly 1/3 of the frame rates i get with out them.Now i noticed that when i see to much grass(rohan abd bree areas as well ### great river)my frames drop to 20-30 and when i enter a rohan town i drop to 5 most of the time.unaaceptable if i need a todays high end rig to enter a rohan city then no thank you this game is dead for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    I just checked Bree, and it seems quite playable to me on an inexpensive system. I'm getting 20-30 fps with a combination of high and medium advanced graphics settings in town. I personally do care that it looks more detailed and more like a working town than it did before. I applaud the remake and I'm glad we still have it. I'm looking forward to upgrades of other early zones.

My specs:
    Acer Chromebook C720 running Ubuntu 13.10 and Wine 1.7.xx.
    2GB RAM, 128GB SSD.
    Integrated Haswell graphics.
    Total cost $300 ($200 for the Chromebook, $100 for the SSD upgrade - but it ran fine off an SD card before I upgraded my SSD).

I know Linux isn't for the faint of heart, but my point is that you don't need an expensive machine to have a playable LotRO.
    the game is an MMO if you cant et 30 frames on a 12 man raid then dont bother playing it there are better single player games out there and dont need an internet connection.Also the game clearly demands a powerful cpu to even reach playable frames.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast