We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AKAGooF View Post
    I respectfully disagree. That forum is not one in which players can create their own threads to ask questions nor is there an official thread there for general topics. IMO, the OP submitted their feedback, which happened to be a question, in the most appropriate place.
    My apologies. I was speaking specifically about dev blue name posting, not that this wasn't a place for feedback at all If I posted a feedback thread here, I wouldn't expect a dev to reply, that's all.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    My apologies. I was speaking specifically about dev blue name posting, not that this wasn't a place for feedback at all If I posted a feedback thread here, I wouldn't expect a dev to reply, that's all.
    LOL... I get what you're saying... 'Don't hold your breath' God forbid we (the community) should have any expectations of the folks getting paid to manage/service the community. :P

Quote Originally Posted by AKAGooF View Post
    LOL... I get what you're saying... 'Don't hold your breath' God forbid we (the community) should have any expectations of the folks getting paid to manage/service the community. :P
    I'd rather them work on the game than trawl the forums looking for things to reply to XD I mean, Sapience posting is nice and all, but he's a CM, not a dev though he has said "I'll pass that along" a time or three.
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon_Blackbird View Post
    I'd rather them work on the game than trawl the forums looking for things to reply to XD I mean, Sapience posting is nice and all, but he's a CM, not a dev though he has said "I'll pass that along" a time or three.
    Yeah, that's my point of view too. I'd imagine interacting and responding to the rather ornery forum folk could become a full time job for a number of employees if they actually responded to everyone who asked. I would like to see more "formal" communications (of the dev diary/producer's letter/things to come) variety though.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    My play style is raiding, but it's difficult to do now because they didn't release any new raids. Not sure about your server, but I haven't seen raids run in GLFF lately and my kin hasn't done one since summer. In fact, most of my kin don't even bother to log in anymore, which for a serious raiding kin isn't unusual because again - let's reemphasize - there's no raids.
    Check out Neverwinter, it's free and would give you fun stuff to do until Turbine releases content with actual new fun exciting endgame like RoI and back.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    My play style is raiding, but it's difficult to do now because they didn't release any new raids. Not sure about your server, but I haven't seen raids run in GLFF lately and my kin hasn't done one since summer. In fact, most of my kin don't even bother to log in anymore, which for a serious raiding kin isn't unusual because again - let's reemphasize - there's no raids.
    Considering your location, having ever seen any raids in glff or kin is a remarkable and enviable history...

Completely agree that there's nothing interesting to do at 95. A lot of people seem to be aiming for the level 50 endgame with xp disablers. There's a group of us leveling towards that (most of us coming in from other servers as I did, we're mostly in the 30-40 range at the moment) on Elendilmir, Raiders of the Lost Content. According to Brandywine glff (so take with *large* grain of salt ) there are similar groups on several other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Galwir View Post
    There is also no landscape endgame: Warbands are very easy (I can count 2 that are not soloable)
    They are all soloable (once dismounted, it is a lot easier, in particular warriors of Rog-votak or Macsen) but the difficulty is absurd : some 92 and even some 86 are more difficult than 95 ones...
    Last edited by Castorix; Jan 03 2014 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by monteeburns View Post
    Apparently this is how it's done...
    Finally an answer! Thanks.
    [B]Crafting - Explorer - Tailor/Forestor/Prospector - 9s Across the Board[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    However, my advice to you is this- If you don't like the conversation here between customers using a customer forum, why don't you go play LOTRO and stop telling me and others like me, to walk away from our game, the game many of us are paying cash for, every week....
    Already playing and having lots of fun together with my kin members who left this forum long ago because they were sick of all the whining and hatred of a minority who seems to see this forum as their personal ranting ground.

Btw. most of us have running subscriptions too and we also don't like all aspects of the game but that doesn't mean that we have to go ranting in the forum like others do. There are better ways to tell Turbine what we would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fratonia View Post
    Already playing and having lots of fun together with my kin members who left this forum long ago because they were sick of all the whining and hatred of a minority who seems to see this forum as their personal ranting ground.

Btw. most of us have running subscriptions too and we also don't like all aspects of the game but that doesn't mean that we have to go ranting in the forum like others do. There are better ways to tell Turbine what we would like.
    There's a very simple solution. It's been suggested to you by several people you have called ragers and whiners. Just don't read these threads and don't post in them. Just like you tell us 'ragers' whiners' 'no lifers'. (All phrases from your posts in multiple threads.)

Then the rest of us having a civilised, non whiny discussion can do so with out your repetitive efforts to tell us to be quiet. Turbine hasn't said this discussion needs censoring, so why you think you have to the right to stifle discussion is beyond my understanding.

Anyway, I'm back to doing old instances and the 10 quests i have left after rationing myself to 3 hours a week doing new content.....

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Ok, I played about 5 hours tonight. I'm still in the East part of the expansion because of all the deeding I'm doing and resource gathering. For me, my playstyle, I'm in heaven. I'm reading quests, being part of the story, sight seeing, and haven't made it to the Western half yet. I'm having a blast playing. I won't be done with Helm's Deep for a while.

With that being said, I can definitely see why the raiders and grouping players are not happy. I've read all the posts in this thread and they do have a very valid point. I think Turbine should have added raids and fellows like they did with Moria, like the School, Mirrors, and the Watcher.

I totally get why you guys are not happy, I really do.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

I put off starting this expansion because release issues have now become the norm. I started it 5 days ago, 2 short <1 hour sessions and one extended of about 4 hours.

I am reading the quest text (testing as that is, because the quality of the story is not what it used to, and let's face it, in 2013 and after playing other games you kind of expect voice acting), and taking some time to explore.

At the rate I am levelling, I don't see how anyone could take more than two or three weeks to complete this expansion.

I could accept that, but I would expect some group instances at the end of it to keep kinships alive. Skirmishes and EBs are simply too monotonous. The key to an MMO is to keep people playing something sufficiently interesting to be re-playable after they have finished the quests.

It's great that they have tried these different types of end-game, but why sweep the game from under the feet of a large number of players who would be happy with a multi-boss raid and some 6-man instances at end-game? It's almost like they are saying 'yes, this game was about playing your class in a group but now it is not so go play something else'.

Turbine did sweep us raiding players under the rug. Why I even wasted $40 on this expansion is beyond me. I knew going in it wasn't going to be great expansion. That's why I only bought the basic edition.
    The only enjoyable thing I got out of the whole expansion were the quests and epic story line cohesion. The game is face roll easy now. The talents trees are so bland and add NO customization of your character at all. Please just reset the game back to Pre-HD and a lot of people would be happy.. K thanks.. Goodbye.

pvp is the end game atm.

so imagine how much sucks lotro's endgame content.
    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~ [/FONT][/COLOR][/B][B][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=purple]MeL [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][B][COLOR=#666699][FONT=Georgia]~[/FONT][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon]Circle of Trust[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][B][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3][COLOR=#666699][COLOR=purple]Melowar [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=darkgreen]MeL thyPointedEarHunter [/COLOR]~ [COLOR=red]Crymeareaver[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][FONT=Palatino Linotype][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?399046-Join-Warden-Squad-of-Snowbourn-%21&p=5428178#post5428178"][I][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]Join Warden Squad Today![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]_______[/COLOR][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][B][I]Snowbourn[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]__[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]___[/COLOR]__[/COLOR][URL="http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381206"][I][SIZE=2][COLOR=darkslateblue][B]PvMP Video/Movie Gallery[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/I][/URL][/FONT][/CENTER]

Usually I would be defending LotRO. In this case I feel in agreement with the OP.

In HD we got MUCH less content wise than other Xpacks, I feel we got more with SoM (Which was supposedly a 'Mini' Xpack) All I will say to Turbine is that MoM was the defining experience for me in LotRO (Next to SoA ofc) I liked SoM & RoI even. RoR was pretty good but HD was a step back in terms of quantity for me.

I don't blame the Developers so much as I perhaps blame Turbine as a whole, we don't know the reasons for this situation frankly. HD is beautiful and interesting but compared to other Xpacks it seems to be lacking.

IMO of course

Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    Ok, I played about 5 hours tonight. I'm still in the East part of the expansion because of all the deeding I'm doing and resource gathering. For me, my playstyle, I'm in heaven. I'm reading quests, being part of the story, sight seeing, and haven't made it to the Western half yet. I'm having a blast playing. I won't be done with Helm's Deep for a while.

With that being said, I can definitely see why the raiders and grouping players are not happy. I've read all the posts in this thread and they do have a very valid point. I think Turbine should have added raids and fellows like they did with Moria, like the School, Mirrors, and the Watcher.

I totally get why you guys are not happy, I really do.
    You think group play was the only thing to take a hit. Imagine last xpac if none of Hytbold existed, no craft instances no dailies no solo daily hubs. Poof you got Helm's Deep. The content is thin for all. Maybe instead we can all band together instead of separating each other into separate groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    There's a very simple solution. It's been suggested to you by several people you have called ragers and whiners. Just don't read these threads and don't post in them. Just like you tell us 'ragers' whiners' 'no lifers'. (All phrases from your posts in multiple threads.)
    Yeah, go on spreading your lies about what I said. You don't have a single clue about who I meant with "whiners". The other phrases I didn't even use.

About what I really said - you can close your eyes and pretend not to see what is going on in the forums after each expansion, especially the Turbine bashing that isn't helpful at all. If you call that "civilized" I'm happy to not have anything to do with you.

*goes on playing Lotro without being bored*

Personally, with no end-game, my goals this expansion are:

1. Clear all deeds on 1 character.
    2. Get at least 3 characters to rank 8 in PvMP
    3. Clear every skirmish raid on T3
    4. Play more FFXIV when I finish those.
    LvL 100s: Beorning, Burglar, Captain, Champ, Guardian, Hunter, Lore-Master, Minstrel, Rune-Keeper
    LvL 85: Warden, Minstrel
    All my forum posts are my opinions and may not even be that. Also On Twitter: @leixicon

Quote Originally Posted by Leixy View Post
    Personally, with no end-game, my goals this expansion are:

1. Clear all deeds on 1 character.
    2. Get at least 3 characters to rank 8 in PvMP
    3. Clear every skirmish raid on T3
    4. Play more FFXIV when I finish those.
    I set something similar for myself.

1. I'm up to giants in Trollshaws, with only a couple deeds in each area to work on so I figure this doesn't have much longevity but I'm doing it.
    2. Already rank 8 and have no interest in going to the moors after the one time I set foot out there last week.
    3. Never liked skirmishes, only did them with friends.
    4. Play EQII when I finish deeding.

Still sad about this whole expansion and the class changes.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

What are we supposed to to now?

Can't speak for others... but, I've been occupying myself with returning to whatever "projects" that usually get put on hold when something new comes out. Granted, I am still picking through the new stuff with all my high level characters.

If Turbine holds true to their word about putting new things out every 3-4 months this year, I suspect my projects will get put on hold quite often.
    Dagranhad - Burglar | Aldgarea - Loremaster | Barathrothir - Hunter | Golladhar - Captain

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    These threads are totally predictable around this time after the launch of an expansion.

If your idea of fun is restricted to the traditional end-game, then I can understand that you may be feeling a dearth of things to do. If it embraces much more of the game, then there is still plenty of stuff to do. I am currently levelling the third of 7 main alts to the level cap. When that isa done I will work on my other 2 low-level alts.

We all know how long it takes to develop content. If you choose not to pace yourself with that in mind, then to some extent you only have yourself to blame if you get bored.
    So you are already leveling your third character to level cap and you are chastising the OP because they didn't pace themselves. Your comment only proves how little there really is to do in this expansion.

I can understand people's anger with this expansion. They paid good money ($40 for base, $60 for premium) for an expansion that was complete in a month of casual play. By comparison, you can buy entire games that provide hundreds of hours of game play for the same price.

So you are absolutely correct: These threads are predictable when the content doesn't justify the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by mjk47 View Post
    On the contrary, I do not blame anyone other than whoever determines the development plan for the lack of traditional end-game content. I merely observe that we all know how things work, and perhaps we should plan our own activity accordingly.

The only way things could be blamed on the players would be if it was actually true that the consumers of traditional end-game content really are a small minority, and that was used to determine development priorities.
    I find it ironic that no mention of who the "usual suspects" were prompted you to post this reply.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a blast twiddling my thumbs. Don't know what all the QQ is about.

Quote Originally Posted by xDementedx View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm having a blast twiddling my thumbs. Don't know what all the QQ is about.
    Cant twiddle my thumbs anymore its locked down the bottom of a trait tree I dont use

Quote Originally Posted by site400 View Post
    I find it ironic that no mention of who the "usual suspects" were prompted you to post this reply.
    Oh noes not-another-majority-minority-defense--with-no-corresponding-data-to-prove-or-show-this-number-even-existed-but-overly-used-because-a-communify-FORUM-manager-said-it. Frankly I been dying to get a hold of this data, only data or graphs I seen so far coming from LOTRO are lines that points downward, it must be that "majority" I keep hearing about.
    Last edited by Whatevaplz; Jan 04 2014 at 04:41 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast