We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Lv50 only kin?

Hybrid View

Lv50 only kin?

Hello everyone,

Since the release of Helms Deep there has been a lot of talk about the "end" of LotrO, and how the current end-game is a complete farce, and at the moment neither freep nor creep are happy with the state of the Moors.

I propose something a little "radical" - I have decided to re-roll a new LM, and I plan to level her simply to level 50 and then purchase a lovely xp disabler from the store. Everyone always reminisces about the old SoA days and how much better the game was back then (I know obviously we won't be able to get back SoA PVP - but why not PvE?), I was never around when the cap was lv50 and I think it will be an experience to see it properly "On Level". Since they have no intention to scale rift (which hopefully they won't in the future!). I propose creating a kin with simply lv 50 old & new players - and everyone is welcome to join, and perhaps we can recreate some of that SoA magic that has long since been lost?

If anyone is interested, send me a message/tell in game or reply to this forum post! Hopefully there is enough interest that we will be able to get enough players to run Rift with 12 x Lv50's!

Laurraa.

Nice idea - i'll try to get you 2 players, c ya in game /t robnybod

I'm already using lvl disabler on an alt so I can do every area and qsts. however no matter how u try the game will never *feel* like it did back then.
    I joined the game when moria came out and lvl cap went 2 60. took me months 2 get 2 angmar on my 1st champy and loved every minute of it

reminiscing about this game will only lead 2 sadness as its broken now. most of the gr8 stuff has been chopped in2 wings, ie fornost and hele. I wonder how many peeps out there remember Tomb of Elindil and actually did it on level?

lots of other servers have lvl 50 alts using disabler and doing old school stuff its a nice idea, its mainly the rp servers.

gud luck

Synergie
    Daughter of Gwyndeth
    Officer of The Illuminati

I have a level 51 toon, hunter with XP disabled, with the idea to do as much of Angmar as I can... The game right now is completely broken because of the DPS. Level 51 hunter doing 4500 crit Upshots. I could solo(with the help of herbalist though) any FS quest(excluding few export quests or quests which I can't use herbalist). I am willing to join the fun though, PM Cawti in game
    POLARIS --> Esta Sinome
    Axeny - 105 Burg R9 | Nemene - 105 RK R11 | Mellar - 105 MIN || Morrolan - 105 LM R8 | Rashek - 105 WRD | Loilosh - 105 CPT | Loixus - 105 BRN
    Loiosh - R13 WL | Paqk - R8 Spider | Magru - R7 Def | Burgker - R6 Warg

It is of course highly unlikely that we will be able to get the game to feel as though it did back then. I was just curious to see how many people would be interested in running the old instances on-level to see if there's any challenge left in the game anymore. You would be suprised how many people so far I have had sending me messages saying that they think it's a good idea and they'd be happy to level a character to 50.

I mean I also don't obviously expect everyone to stay at lv50 forever, people will eventually get bored of the lv50 content once they have had their fill of the past, and perhaps once we have done that, we could level up to 60 and then reapply the disabler and enjoy the end-game there for a while. At least the raids back then were challenging and fun, and didn't require you to simply run around atop a wall and knock some ladders down -.-

It is afterall just something that I think will bring a little bit of life back into the game that so many people have become depressed with. I know it's broken... but its worth a try...

didn't say it wasn't a bad idea, we have been talking about doing the same thing in illuminati 4 a while now. plus lots of peeps do it across all servers. Ive even said I been thinking about lvling summit up without going thru moria and seing how easy/hard the game is without a legendary
    as its been said b4 even the low lvls can solo the group content on lvl now so apart from revisiting the old content 4 memory lane there wont b any challenge in it.

hopefully fun tho.

I repeat gud luck

Synergie
    Daughter of Gwyndeth
    Officer of The Illuminati
    Last edited by Deniorona; Jan 14 2014 at 04:14 PM.