Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
I disagree with this assessment of things. I can't get behind the idea that we should pay more for fluff than we do for actual substance.
I myself am also facing certain difficulties when trying to get behind this idea. Yet it exists in full power all over the gaming world since not really yesterday, LOTRO included. Single cosmetic outfits in some places are sold at the price of an update/expansion.
While getting behind it may be not easy, I have no problems accepting it. And I was actually quite fond of it, as far as the mounts are concerned. It was my own way to additionally support the game and I enjoyed it. Then things in the neighborhood shifted and one day I came to the conclusion that even content here isn't worth my buck, let alone fluff. Things change, that's life, but anyway the super expensive fluff is part of that show.

As for 'golden middle spots' that is a very subjective concept. One person's 'golden middle spot' is another person's outrageous joke. A more accurate statement would be "you can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."
I again agree here. Your words show us why statistics is a good thing to have under your pillow. It can show you how to please efficiently, i.e. the max people with min effort, what 'some of the people' or 'some of the time' actually means, and other such magical tricks. While there will always be unhappy folks, the point is to maximize the happy ones. 'Golden middle' doesn't have to mean 'everyone is happy'. But it kinda should mean 'most are happy'. But what I see these days is that the long expected 'revival' of LOTRO is not taking place. And I'm expecting (albeit with indifferent, vague curiosity) what will be the pricing of the new class, because something as simple as that can speak tons.