We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    The final count is 42. There's one answer that I'm super happy with. It took a few years to get there, but this is my favorite answer...

You'll have to wait until we publish the whole list to know the question. I can tell you it has been asked for almost since launch, is in the suggestions forums often, gets answered "no" for technical reasons every time it is asked and is now in the works with the plan to have it ready for Update 13.
    Kill off Leila?
    Had a grudge against her ever since my first trip into the barrow downs, and never met anyone who had a good word to say about her either

You'll have to wait until we publish the whole list to know the question. I can tell you it has been asked for almost since launch, is in the suggestions forums often, gets answered "no" for technical reasons every time it is asked and is now in the works with the plan to have it ready for Update 13.
    (Warning: This response is a joke. Please do NOT take it seriously!)

OMG!

Flying mounts!?

OK... I'm done now lol

I somehow have a feeling this has something to do with A)Housing B)Mail System (freep or creep) or C) Centralized Crafting Vault for all characters on an account (I wish)
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    I somehow have a feeling this has something to do with A)Housing B)Mail System (freep or creep) or C) Centralized Crafting Vault for all characters on an account (I wish)
    I don't think housing was added till after the game had launched, so that may rule that out.

Any ETA Sapience on the questions? Really excited to see them.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Evernight (formally of Eldar) | Plugins
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    One of these is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Galuhad View Post
    I don't think housing was added till after the game had launched, so that may rule that out.

Any ETA Sapience on the questions? Really excited to see them.
    Looks like Thursday, but might make it by end of day Wednesday.

so long... lol

I just want to know about Kinships, more than anything.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

This question which has finally been answered yes to...

Hmmm...

When I read Sapience's first reply I thought it was Hobnanigans, though I'm not sure that has been kept away due to a technical difficulty, rather than just being low priority.

Server transfers from EU>US servers? While I wouldn't particularly be optimistic about this, I know lots of people would be.

One thing I remember being told we couldn't have due to technical reasons was either boat mounts or swimming underwater, and I see them both crop up occasionally in suggestions. And I suppose a flooded Isengard would be wonderful for this... but I can't see it happening.

Creep mail?

None of the above? :P

EDIT: Just spotted the 'one of the above' thing! Really hoping for creep mail
    Last edited by Tirian-Hammerfist; Feb 04 2014 at 12:46 PM. Reason: see EDIT
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

One of these is correct.
    I predict:

If it's housing, owning more than one house per account.

If it's mail, sending multiple attachments in one.
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    I predict:

If it's housing, owning more than one house per account.

If it's mail, sending multiple attachments in one.
    Either one is a nice addition.
    Crossing fingers on the mail though.

Question 42 : -whatever the question is-
    Answer : 42

There, already have one question answered ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    Your work is much appreciated as always One thing I would mention (just because I'm pernickety) is that I think 'Berafon' that you've quoted is actually Berephon, the lore dev guy - I presume Sapience just said the name aloud, in which case I can see why you've spelt it like that.
    I tried to find a mention of him in the forums to get the name spelling correctly but had no luck, so I figured I probably got it wrong. But I knew you guys would correct me, so no worries!

All the answers given were spoken, so that's probably the reason. Which is also why I think everyone should really thank frickinmuck for doing this. I try to answer a lot of things when in the stream and he does a great job of reporting back what I say and doing so faithfully. Once again his transcript is an accurate account of the most recent stream.
    He is a she, but thanks!

One of these is correct.
    The suspense! I sure hope it ends up being Wednesday!! In case you hadn't noticed I am a bit addicted to news. Can't wait to hear all the updates...

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    • What is the status of your beard dyeing plans
      He has had a hard time finding anything appropriate for dyeing beards in Boston. Nothing that won’t also accidentally dye your face. Beard dyeing doesn’t seem to be all that common a thing.
    By the way, I meant to mention - any regular hair salon (rather than barber) should probably be able to help you out with that. So no need for more delays!
    Last edited by frickinmuck; Feb 04 2014 at 01:58 PM.

• If you could session play anything within LotR content, what would it be
      Probably Sauron at the destruction of the ring, to see it from his point of view.

Bwahahaha! Can you imagine that one? His point of view? He's a mammoth eyeball on the top of a mammoth tower! His point of view is FTW! ^_^

The final count is 42. There's one answer that I'm super happy with. It took a few years to get there, but this is my favorite answer...
    No kidding! xD

And enough teasing! We want the answers now! *excited*
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Thank you so much for the transcript!

Woohoo Sindarin speakers! (well, as much as you can with what lexicon Tolkien provided...)

Can't wait for those 20-- 40-- questions. It seems it needs to be renamed to 'Answering Tons of Questions'!

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Thank you so much for the transcript!

Woohoo Sindarin speakers! (well, as much as you can with what lexicon Tolkien provided...)

Can't wait for those 20-- 40-- questions. It seems it needs to be renamed to 'Answering Tons of Questions'!
    "Ask The LOTRO Team" is the new name.

and when we post the answers they'll be

"Ask The LOTRO Team – Answers to your questions "

"Ask The LOTRO Team" is the new name.

and when we post the answers they'll be

"Ask The LOTRO Team – Answers to your questions "
    I kind of liked the 20 questions name. It makes the extra questions a big bonus. But ultimately it's the answers and not the name that matter to me.

[*]Does anyone in the office speak Sindarin or Quenya
    He doesn’t know specifically the numbers but yes, and it’s more than one person. He does not.
    Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Laire View Post
    Woohoo Sindarin speakers!
    Can we get a woohoo for Quenya speakers? ;-)
    Éalá Éarendel engla beorhtast,
    ofer middangeard monnum sended,
    ond sóð
    fæsta sunnan léoma,
    torht ofer tung
    las, þú tída gehwane,
    of sylfum þé symle inlíhtes!

-
    "Leaving the game plan is a sign of panic, and panic is not in our game plan." - Chuck Noll

Sap, if you need help with your beard dying, just grab a box of "Just for Men" beard dye, then grab a package of whatever hair color dye you want to dye your beard with. The Just for Men beard kit has a special application brush and instructions in it for dying beards so that you don't also end up dying your face.

Please don't ask me how I know these things, I just do.

Have fun !

Sapience needs to get in touch with Lar deSouza if he needs beard dyeing tips haha
    If you give away gold bars, someone will complain they're too heavy.
    ~Landroval~
    .: Dannach, 118 WDN :.: Totes, 118 HNT :.: Sunhawk, 110 RNK :.
    ~Anor~
    .: Taika, 29 WDN :.
    I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.
    Might as well face it, I'm addicted to WDN

Quote Originally Posted by Herwegur View Post
    Very nice!

Can we get a woohoo for Quenya speakers? ;-)
    Well Quenya's pretty cool, I suppose... but my heart's always been with Sindarin. Not sure why.

RIP ELENDILMIR • Jingle Jangle
    Landroval
    : LAERLIN (Bio + Drawings) • LAERWEN • OLORIEL • AETHELIND (Bio + Drawing) • NETHAEL

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_Java_Joe View Post
    Sap, if you need help with your beard dying, just grab a box of "Just for Men" beard dye, then grab a package of whatever hair color dye you want to dye your beard with. The Just for Men beard kit has a special application brush and instructions in it for dying beards so that you don't also end up dying your face.

Please don't ask me how I know these things, I just do.

Have fun !
    My friend's dad was an Episcopalian minister. One Saturday, when his wife was visiting friends, he decided to try Grecian Formula. It worked well. It returned his fringe of white hair to the original brown. He was pleased. It also returned his bald pate to his hair's original brown.

His wife came home and started teasing him about it.

And teasing.

And teasing.

He gave up and showered. The shampoo removed all the color.

From his hair.

Only.

The next morning he had to preach two services as a three-tone: pink, white, and brown on top.

Small town of 2000, but the snickering could be heard in the next county.

On the other hand, this might do the trick. It's a local company (Nashua).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boston_...ry/9511102518/
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

The final count is 42.
    Such a fitting amount. The answer to everything
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

It would be nice to be able to craft out of your vault but I would rather something be done with housing.
    I love Wargs.

One of these is correct.
    My thoughts

A: Housing, since housing changes are supposedly going to be happening on all year I think it would have to be something small to be ready for U13 or something that doesn't really change housing itself, like allowing more than one house per account.

B: Mail System, this is a real possibility for multi-item mails, probably the correct one.

C: Centralized Crafting Vault, OMG I would love this - but we know it will cost TP and I'm ok with that because it would definitely be a convenience. Especially if we could set permissions (like housing chests) so our other accounts could access it too. Maybe have it as another chest in a house so the permissions would be the same, and yet have it available at a NPC in crafting halls.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    My thoughts

A: Housing, since housing changes are supposedly going to be happening on all year I think it would have to be something small to be ready for U13 or something that doesn't really change housing itself, like allowing more than one house per account.

B: Mail System, this is a real possibility for multi-item mails, probably the correct one.

C: Centralized Crafting Vault, OMG I would love this - but we know it will cost TP and I'm ok with that because it would definitely be a convenience. Especially if we could set permissions (like housing chests) so our other accounts could access it too. Maybe have it as another chest in a house so the permissions would be the same, and yet have it available at a NPC in crafting halls.
    A: Housing changes may never happen. They are in the works but that does not equal done,

B: No, I am guessing here but that would be a heavy load on the servers, with potential of harassment as another negative.

C: Have said many times no. So, yeah they will put it in eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Soupbone View Post
    A: Housing changes may never happen. They are in the works but that does not equal done,

B: No, I am guessing here but that would be a heavy load on the servers, with potential of harassment as another negative.

C: Have said many times no. So, yeah they will put it in eventually.
    Sapience said above that one of these is coming with update 13.
    Housing changes are gonna take a while in my opinion, so I won't hold out for those in the next update.
    Mail system, possibly. The only change really that's worth taking the time to improve is the ability to send multiple attachments - which has been requested pretty much since launch. It would fit in with the clues Sapience has dropped.
    Shared crafting storage would be awesome, and I would love to see this - providing that it can be accessed in the field away from an any vaults (ie. all crafting resources go immediately there and can be used by any character when crafting straight from the storage). Could be this which Sapience is referring to, but I don't see this being asked since launch.
    Galuhad | Narvelan
    Kinship Revamp Proposal

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast