We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
    Ugh my sincere sympathies to Frick! Good luck transcribing Windfola's run! Sapience was little more than an indistinct murmur by the end! xD
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 115 MNS Fayah/115 LM Siennah/115 HNT Dinenol/115 RK Dhurik
    115 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/61 BUR Dhax/115 WDN Godoric
    R9 115 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

Sapience is offline Former Community Manager & Harbinger of Soon
    I have a new headset and some new settings, and a new shiny for today's stream. So hopefully things go well.

Also, both Rowan and Hoarsedev will be joining us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapience View Post
    I have a new headset and some new settings, and a new shiny for today's stream. So hopefully things go well.

Missed Riddermark and Landroval (my two servers) and now I'll miss whatever new shiny it is? Stupid work schedule! /tantrum

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    Missed Riddermark and Landroval (my two servers) and now I'll miss whatever new shiny it is? Stupid work schedule! /tantrum
    Those of us with jobs are at severe disadvantage lol. That's the problem when most events (not all) are run during the day and set in ET. I'm west coast and it would be 8-9pm before I'd be home and able to participate so..... no shiny for me.
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Beaniemooch View Post
    Those of us with jobs are at severe disadvantage lol. That's the problem when most events (not all) are run during the day and set in ET. I'm west coast and it would be 8-9pm before I'd be home and able to participate so..... no shiny for me.
    I guess it depends on what your work schedule is, and what kind of control you have over your work schedule. But that's why it's good they're all streamed - people can still at least watch. There are other ways to participate as well, such as helping out with the practice runs, etc.

It was cool talking with them today. Can we expect seeing anyone for the last TTHTI run tommorow?
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

Your chicken would have to do the book quest to gain entry. In the words of Gandalf, "You shall not pass!"
    What will the epic book give the chicken as a reward? Legendary third age spur and beak, I assume.

Though I didn't join and watch the stream due to timezome difference, reading "Hobbit to Isengard" posts of frickinmuk is one of my leisures to pass time in LOTRO. Too bad that it is going to end *sign*
    [I]"Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of judgment. For even the wise cannot see all ends"[/I] - [B]Gandalf[/B]

8. May 30 2014, 12:58 AM

I heartily recommend listening to the latest twitch stream from the Belegaer run whilst it is availalble. http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/533393996

Hoarsedev and Rowan gave some really concrete answers to questions about some stat mechanism/customisation proposed changes to gear, the rng and tweaking loot drops, areas of future content and the reasons for successive new landmasses, and likely Beorning class abilities, to name a few. (If i didn't mis-hear they may have even been a hint about a three man in development -yay!)

For those more interested in the lighter side, there are also more cosmetic pets in the works, if these current ones are fun for players and successful.

Thank you so much to both of you for choosing to to answer mostly game play and game development questions (rather than the far too often repeated questions/answers about getting into the gaming industry, Sapience's beard/desk or the food turbine employees eat.)

I love these streams when we get focussed on the nitty gritty of the actual game.

Can't wait for Frickinmuck's next transcription. But it may take her a while-they answered a LOT of questions

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    What will the epic book give the chicken as a reward? Legendary third age spur and beak, I assume.

Though I didn't join and watch the stream due to timezome difference, reading "Hobbit to Isengard" posts of frickinmuk is one of my leisures to pass time in LOTRO. Too bad that it is going to end *sign*
    Hopefully frickinmuck will be willing to keep this up for the Take the Dwarf Through Moria series, which is apparently starting in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dernudan View Post
    It was cool talking with them today. Can we expect seeing anyone for the last TTHTI run tommorow?
    These two things are related.

The problem with the streams is this. To get devs, we need to have them during times devs are in the office and have free time to chat. That means the closer to 3:00PM Eastern time we do these, the more likley and more often you're going to get a dev. Once you get to 5PM, the odds are slim (Friday's doubly so). After that they're almost non-existent. Anything after 7PM is a non-starter.

If I could have my way every time, we'd do each and every live stream at 2:30PM Eastern. No exceptions. You'd have the highest chance of devs in any given stream and very likely a variety of devs throughout the week. In fact, the truth here is that if we start doing dev round tables, you can expect all of them to be in the 2PM-3PM Eastern time frame. For all the reasons just listed.

So the reality of a 5PM 'late' stream is going to stay with us for a good long while. You might, if you're nice to me, get me to do a "live from Casa de Rick" night or weekend stream if I happen to have a block of spare time and something interesting to share. That's about as close as we're going to get to a 'late' stream.

That said, I may reach out to the LOTROReporter guys and see if they're interested in a "guest host" slot on our stream. They're west coast so it would be later.

These two things are related.

The problem with the streams is this. To get devs, we need to have them during times devs are in the office and have free time to chat. That means the closer to 3:00PM Eastern time we do these, the more likley and more often you're going to get a dev. Once you get to 5PM, the odds are slim (Friday's doubly so). After that they're almost non-existent. Anything after 7PM is a non-starter.
    I completely agree. I've been a disadvantaged west coast gamer for far longer than I've been with lotro, and whatever game I'm in tends to run on either central or east coast time. It's sometimes frustrating when I can't make an event I'd like to attend because putting a roof over my head (complete with internet!!!) comes first. It's also why I won't ever be totally upset or insistent that people work 6 hours past their stop time just to accommodate me. I'd like it occasionally..... but since I probably wouldn't do it either I don't expect them to. Turbine is an East Coast company that runs a fairly standard set of business hours and the rest of us adapt as we can - or catch it in re-runs. You're syndicating these, right? Right????
    I'd explain it to you, but I'm all out of Puppets and Crayons.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    GLADDEN: Moochy, 105 Minstrel R10 + alts CRICKHOLLOW: Moochy, 21 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Calta View Post
    I heartily recommend listening to the latest twitch stream from the Belegaer run whilst it is availalble. http://www.twitch.tv/lotrostream/b/533393996

Hoarsedev and Rowan gave some really concrete answers to questions about some stat mechanism/customisation proposed changes to gear, the rng and tweaking loot drops, areas of future content and the reasons for successive new landmasses, and likely Beorning class abilities, to name a few. (If i didn't mis-hear they may have even been a hint about a three man in development -yay!)
    Ooh, ooh, ooh! *darts like a bullet to twitch*

While that buffers...

For those more interested in the lighter side, there are also more cosmetic pets in the works, if these current ones are fun for players and successful.
    I have to be honest here, I was supremely disappointed with how these pets have been implemented. Huorns with an incredibly rare chance of dropping (on top of a 4-5 day wait between each chance)? Not much fun in that. My questing buddy and I are nearing the end of our 4th, 5th and 6th duos through Fangorn. That is 12 characters total through the Fangorn dailies. How many have gotten a huorn pet? 1. Our final 3 sets are very close to being done and I seriously doubt we'll see another huorn pet. So 1 pet across 12 toons over the course of several weeks? *sigh* Very disappointing.

Chickens and shrews that require quite a bit of grinding? Only a little more fun. The only pet I got is an extra one from a kinmate (at least the Spotted Shrew seems to drop like candy). Disappointed is pretty much the first and last word that comes to mind.

Q&A Hobbits to Isengard - Windfola

Please note: I am paraphrasing here. Anything said here is coming through my interpretation of what was said, and is subject to being corrected, so don't take all this as the final word.

If anyone who was present has any additions or corrections, feel free to post.

Video available here.

1. Sapience reminds people that if they want to refresh the video without losing the chat, just press pause on the video, then press play and it should rebuffer.
    2. Will you give us the full max player slot increase with one update or will it be spread out across multiple
      The increase is not a done deal. They are talking about it, but it’s not yet planned.
    3. Discussion about a suggestion thread to memorialize the Bridge of Hobbit Doom
      He will point the thread out to the devs, but he doesn’t know that any of it is likely to happen.
    4. Will U14 or U15 come with a virtue cap increase
      He doesn’t know. They’ve been having a lot of discussions about U14 and what comes after. The exact details of what will be in each update will be discussed as they get closer to the update.
    5. Is there a minimum level to play TTHTI
      No, there isn’t.
    6. Are there plans to reactivate Hobnanigans before U14’s bug fixes
      Yes, there are. Very soon, in fact. He will have a date for us on the next hobbit run.
    7. Will you be expanding on the /cpet commands for cosmetic pets
      Yes, they will be. The /cpet command was put in solely as a temporary measure so that players would have the ability to rename their pets while a proper UI is being worked on. There are a lot of plans for cosmetic pets. It’s pretty cool and very interesting and he thinks we will like it a lot.
    8. Will there be a limit to how many Beornings people can make on each server
      As far as he knows, no. If you wanted to make 17 Beornings, you theoretically could.
    9. Any news about PvMP that would give me goosebumps
      He doesn’t know what would give you goosebumps, and he doesn’t think he wants to so he’s going to pass.
    10. Question about Osgiliath being considered for a PvMP zone
      He cautions that they consider a LOT of things. Do not ever mistake that for “We promise it’s coming.” They are being honest when they say they’ve discussed it, but what comes of it remains to be seen. It’s possible nothing will come of it.
    11. Can you do a free quest pack day, like an Eriador day or an Enedwaith day
      Right now Turbine points are on sale with double bonus points, but he will pass the suggestion along. Probably unlikely.
    12. What is your favourite non-LotRO game
      Probably a flight sim or driving game. Flight Simulator 10 or Gran Turismo 6.
    13. Has any thought been giving to granting access to Moria, Lothlorien or Mirkwood for chickens
      Good question. He will pass the suggestion along.
    14. Do you have proper pedals, yokes, etc for your flight sims
      Yeah. Way beyond pedals and yokes. Throttles, radios – basically if Saitech makes it, he probably has it.
    15. Discussion about Dwarves in Moria runs, how will he get to level 50
      The Gift of the Valar. Starting tomorrow, the Gift will return to the LotRO store, and will be 25% off for about a week. Moria will also be on sale for 20% off. The Moria runs will start the following week. It will be from the entrance of Moria to the gates of Caras Galadhon.
    16. Is there a quad pack sale currently in the LotRO market
      He doesn’t know, but he will pass on the suggestion.
    17. How did you get into the LotRO MMO RPG business
      He was a player at the time. A position came available and out of curiosity he asked how much a gig like that pays, what it entails, etc. Next thing he knew he was asked to apply, and he left IT and moved to Boston.
    18. Do I foresee a Rohan bundle
      It has been discussed. HD was just on sale prior to U13.
    19. Question about how Gift of the Valar works
      He will show everyone tomorrow in the hobbit run so we can see how it works and what we get.
    20. Anything big that was announced earlier
      Gift of Valar is coming back tomorrow at 25% off, and Moria at 20% off. For one week.
    21. Did you volunteer for these runs or did you draw straws
      He volunteered, and has volunteered to do another 30 through Moria.
    22. When is U14 planned to come out
      They aren’t sharing the date just yet.
    23. Are there any plans to support the Steam Workshop
      No plans.
    24. Will you do TTHTI again
      Maybe next year. Maybe he’ll alternate between Moria and TTHTI. Maybe he’ll throw in a third one at some point, and alternate between all 3. Maybe eventually it will be Gondor.
    25. Question about the Bullroarer run
      It was a lot of fun. He actually got to meet the poor individual who did not get him to Isengard – Skoch – in North Carolina. He’s a nice guy.
      Audio problems cut the run short after the group reaches Isengard.
      Sapience reminds people to follow the Twitch channel if you want to be notified when a run is starting.

Can't wait for Frickinmuck's next transcription. But it may take her a while-they answered a LOT of questions
    Yeah, the more questions they answer and especially when there are guests, it takes a lot longer. I love it when people are able to make a fast time!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBelle0927 View Post
    Hopefully frickinmuck will be willing to keep this up for the Take the Dwarf Through Moria series, which is apparently starting in the next couple of weeks.
    Sadly the chances of me doing all the Moria runs are almost zero. As you may have noticed I've been having difficulty keeping up with them lately. RL, Players Council stuff, and other game activities are taking up a lot of my time lately and I just don't think it will be possible for me to do them all. I've been really enjoying these and it's been fun, but the idea of starting it all over again in a week or two is not something I can contemplate!

I am toying with a few different ideas, not sure just yet what I will decide but I will let you guys know when I do decide. One option I had in mind was to just do the runs that have guests (assuming that would be fairly rare! If they all had guests that would defeat the purpose..). A lot will depend on the schedule, as well. If it's just one a week I could probably do them all, but if it's 2 or more then I'm going to have to rethink things a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by frickinmuck View Post
    Sadly the chances of me doing all the Moria runs are almost zero. As you may have noticed I've been having difficulty keeping up with them lately. RL, Players Council stuff, and other game activities are taking up a lot of my time lately and I just don't think it will be possible for me to do them all. I've been really enjoying these and it's been fun, but the idea of starting it all over again in a week or two is not something I can contemplate!

I am toying with a few different ideas, not sure just yet what I will decide but I will let you guys know when I do decide. One option I had in mind was to just do the runs that have guests (assuming that would be fairly rare! If they all had guests that would defeat the purpose..). A lot will depend on the schedule, as well. If it's just one a week I could probably do them all, but if it's 2 or more then I'm going to have to rethink things a bit.
    If you need a hand, I'd be glad to help.

I did notice that the last few have been coming closer together than the first, so maybe if you can convince Sapience to keep them spread out a bit more, you can continue without too much trouble I think we all understand that having them three days in a row is very hard to transcribe!

Good job on all the weeks of making notes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mar-Evayave View Post
    If you need a hand, I'd be glad to help.
    That's something to consider. Maybe alternating runs or something. If there are others who'd like to take on some, so much the better. I would be open to that for sure. Many hands make light the work!

Dwarf runs transcription call for Volunteers

The Dwarves Through Moria runs will be starting in the next week or two, and I think to continue these transcripts, it will be a great idea - Mar-Evayave's idea, actually - to get more people involved and turn this into more of a community event. I'm thinking that, depending on how many people are interested, we could have a few people alternating transcribing runs, people could volunteer to do just one run, etc.

If this interests you and you'd like to help out with transcribing one or more of the upcoming Dwarf runs, send me a PM on the forums and I'll add you to the list. Once the schedule is up we can talk about how to divide up the work.

Thanks guys. The final two TTHTI runs will be up soon!

And a special shout out and congratulations to ELDAR!!!

Just to give everyone an idea of what the next set of runs will entail...

The Strategic Hobbit Initiative to Evacuate Lost Dwarves

2 streams per week.
    They will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    Most likely start dates are either June 10 or June 17th. Possibly (though not likely) as late as June 24.

In the meantime there will be other streams for other things. A dev roundtable is almost firmed up for sometimes next week (late in the week) for example.
    I will likely drop in for various 'hang out' style streams and probably stream at least a couple of my sessions of getting my Dwarf ready on various servers.

2 streams per week.
    Most likely start dates are either June 10 or June 17th. Possibly (though not likely) as late as June 24.

In the meantime there will be other streams for other things. A dev roundtable is almost firmed up for sometimes next week (late in the week) for example.
    I will likely drop in for various 'hang out' style streams and probably stream at least a couple of my sessions of getting my Dwarf ready on various servers.
    I will still be doing the other LotRO streams such as the Dev roundtable myself, but the Dwarf ones I won't be able to do single-handedly this time. Thanks for the info.

That's something to consider. Maybe alternating runs or something. If there are others who'd like to take on some, so much the better. I would be open to that for sure. Many hands make light the work!
    Pretty much what you say in your second post there. If we organize a list of people interested and then just pick ones to do, then we wouldn't have to worry about more than one person accidentally doing the same run, and if X amount of time goes by without a transcript being posted, someone else can step in (just in case someone forgets they volunteered).

Do you need me to send a PM as well?

Eldalleth is offline Weatherstock Steward
    Hoarder of the Cookies
    Expert Level Multitasker
    Herder of Cats
    Keeper of the Colors
    Ill be happy to help transcribe as well
    Eldalleth Altaholic on Gladden and Landroval and Evernight (Formerly of Dwarrowdelf)
    I stream on twitch you can find me on twitch.tv/eldalleth
    I am also a member of the Official Lotro Stream Team twitch.tv/lotrostream :)
    I am a Director on the Lotro-wiki feel free to ask questions or let me know if something is missing.
    Need something Lotro related retweeted player event etc? Tag Lotrofamily on Twitter twitter.com/lotrofamily or me twitter.com/eldalleth
    Moderator of LotRO Community Discord Server and many others https://discord.gg/CQxRf33Wd7

2 streams per week.

May I suggest rethinking the middle words in that acronym?

Frick: again, kudos to you for transcribing so many. Excellent to see other players lending you a hand, especially when you have other things on the go as well.
    Neddor, Untrustworthy Guardian of Arkenstone
    Massan, Captain Nutter of Laurelin

The Dwarves Through Moria runs will be starting in the next week or two, and I think to continue these transcripts, it will be a great idea - Mar-Evayave's idea, actually - to get more people involved and turn this into more of a community event. I'm thinking that, depending on how many people are interested, we could have a few people alternating transcribing runs, people could volunteer to do just one run, etc.

If this interests you and you'd like to help out with transcribing one or more of the upcoming Dwarf runs, send me a PM on the forums and I'll add you to the list. Once the schedule is up we can talk about how to divide up the work.

Thanks guys.
    I would just like to thank you also for doing such a great job of this. This Q/A has been an absolute blast of fresh air and made us feel closer to the establishment (hehe) but without your diligence and hard work I'm sure like me, many others would have missed out on lots of cool info.... so, again great job and thank you.
    WHY DO PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE LEAST, KNOW IT THE LOUDEST?

Quote Originally Posted by Warmutkan View Post
    May I suggest rethinking the middle words in that acronym?
    lol I have to agree, Sapience. Might want to change that one... xD

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast