We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Lower 40s Warden, questions, comments, probably nearly pointless post. :D

So, I'm an early alpha-era player, left right before Moria, and now I'm back, duoing with my wife. She wanted to make Hobbits, so we did, and I chose Warden and she chose Burglar. Obviously, we destroy things, only running into trouble with 4+ Signatures (and even then we win). We even duoed the EM drakes in Ram Duath (LOL).

The class is generally fun, but I feel like I'm missing something. It doesn't seem to matter really what gambits I use - mobs are gonna die in a fire no matter what. So I've got access to several dozen gambits but I could probably just use only one or two and nothing would change. Am I missing something with "gambit rotations" or does that only come into play in endgame encounters?

Also, I've seen some talk about "skill lag" and I seem to be experiencing this as well. Sometimes I'll be building a gambit and one of the builders gets missed and I end up with the wrong gambit. Or other times, I'll think I fired off the gambit, but that keypress gets ignored and I keep adding builders. It's weird.
    [color=green][b]Formerly Sevok, Vendraen, and others. :([/b][/color]

Whike I can't comment on end game just yet... I can offer my thoughts on how I play and what I experience.
    I also mainly duo, but with lore master. And I run mainly blue.
    I find that there are only a few skills needed. Generally I run into all mobs hit defiant challenge then goad mastery fist+fist, followed by fist+spear and sheild+fist and battle memory skill which should be a repeat of the heal... Should be.
    Then I start surety of death and resolution rotations. Switching if I need heals. If I get bored I mix it with other gambits to make it interesting or to remember other gambits.

However, I have experienced issues that annoy me such as. The skill not wiping from the gambit box or the skill lagging and therefore I miss the gambit I want. Really annoying when u pull the whole room and miss the heal gambit!
    On top of that you have to wait for the gambit to wipe for too long after combat, and you can't refresh it.

But I can see a use for many of the other skills in end game. If you wanted to use them.
    Last edited by HomingEagle; Jan 22 2014 at 11:14 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/072060000001a3e91/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I GOT MILK.

I enjoyed leveling my warden because I never had to care about how many mobs I pulled. I wasn't uncommon for me to run a wide circle with my war-steed, hop off, then leech myself to full health. Certainly as a duo the warden is going to be easy, but you can certainly push the limits if you are into powering through content. What is most appealing to me about the warden is the class offers you wide flexibility in how you approach leveling. Many classes pulling much more the 2 mobs slows you down, usually with my warden I'm pulling 5 or more mobs without blinking an eye.

I'm not sure how it is now, but the warden was the one class that could finish a fight if the rest of the party died in a trap. For example, I was taking on Draigoch once and with miscommunication 9/12 raid members ran into his fire. They called it a wipe, then were like ###, ranafish is still alive? Our captains raised the rest of the raid and we ended up winning. A couple years ago the warden forums were filled with these stories, but things have some how become diluted.

Skill lag is an issue, especially in the big battles, but for the most part encountering content where that actually matters is incredibly rare. Every class has their irritating quirks so you either dont mind or should try something else that suits your fancy.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000014b10a/signature.png]Ranadin[/charsig]

Ranadin + Happyfish = Ranafish