We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Freeps needed in moors

Hurry up with your ranking freeps! The moors is waiting for you! Our Wp scared off the normal late night (US) / Early morning (EU) players! Get your friends together and come one come alllll
    Creep Life

I'm not scared, but neither am I stupid. =P I play to have fun. Fighting is fun. =) Warg-pack slaughters aren't fun for anyone but the wargs. There's no way to combat it. And it's over too fast to be called a fight. So why bother to come out if you know you have no chance of doing anything but dying unless you somehow manage to avoid being spotted or are in a big enough group to have a shot at overpowering them before they hips to keep from dying.

Your own tactics are driving away the competition. If there is a lack of freeps you might ask yourself how much of that is your doing.

I still come out and will continue to do so. But not everyone is like me. They don't want to deal with a situation where they have no chance to survive solo or even in small groups. I get sick of it too honestly, but I'm a squishy hunter so I expect to die every time I step foot in the Moors.

The short version is people want to play. They don't get to play if they die every time they step foot out of GV. That's not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherien View Post
    I'm not scared, but neither am I stupid. =P I play to have fun. Fighting is fun. =) Warg-pack slaughters aren't fun for anyone but the wargs. There's no way to combat it. And it's over too fast to be called a fight. So why bother to come out if you know you have no chance of doing anything but dying unless you somehow manage to avoid being spotted or are in a big enough group to have a shot at overpowering them before they hips to keep from dying.

Your own tactics are driving away the competition. If there is a lack of freeps you might ask yourself how much of that is your doing.

I still come out and will continue to do so. But not everyone is like me. They don't want to deal with a situation where they have no chance to survive solo or even in small groups. I get sick of it too honestly, but I'm a squishy hunter so I expect to die every time I step foot in the Moors.

The short version is people want to play. They don't get to play if they die every time they step foot out of GV. That's not fun.
    well said
    wargs who travel in packs just to farm the solo player or the red ranks players just coming to the moors ruins the moors
    new freeps will not come out or back when you have bloodpaws and the lackeys that leech off of the farming that he/she does

Burg packs usually consist of 2/3 burgs, why can't warg packs be the same? Then you can go for solos and they have a chance, and each player gets more points per kill. Not much 2 wargs these days don't have a chance to take down, but equally good freep should get a kill provided wargs don't fight cowardly.

Imagine how much qq there could be creepside if freeps reguarly formed 6 man burg packs.....

Having said that, warg packs vs freep groups are good fun, nothing wrong with them. Issue I have is with taking down soloers...but the lure of points is too strong and as long as there are enough wargs, there will be packs who do this.

Having said, creepside community is kind of in the gutter atm, I used to feel part of something, now I feel like a bit of outcast. My views don't belong. Most are happy to take the kills and points they can get. Ath you are right imo, but creepside doesn't give a damn....nor would the majority of freepside if tables were turned though. Something has to change.
    Last edited by Akrorgash; Feb 07 2014 at 11:16 AM.
    Akrorgash - r11 reaver // Morakh - r8 wl // Tyrakh r6 ba // Silthus r8 Defi // Rawrik r6 neglected warg // ----- Withywindle

we have asked ourselves.

LOL its because all the freeps came to play warg since HD. Im happy that YOU stay around, but the normal freeps that were on night crew left and made creeps. night crew was poppin' befor HD and now that you all aren't OP freeps decide to quit.

Its a pvp zone. you run around solo and come to the wrong place wrong time you're gonna die. goes for BOTH sides. That's the risk you take.

Problem = Freeps do not know how to fight wargs/wps on this server. I play on Two different servers and the number of wargs is WAY less than here. Reason? Freeps on those servers destroy wps, freeps on this server have zero clue (cept a select few) on how to kill us. and trust me it is do able.

To what Akro was saying, I agree, wargs are so squishy we cant kill anything unless you are r7+ WITH all/most of the skills. THUS we warg pack. simple. Reason burgs don't need to roll with any more than 2 is because burgs are SO much harder to kill than wargs. So to freeps "you don't see burg packs here" duh they don't need to. PS Landy has many burg packs. Im thankful we don't.

SO again. FREEPS NEEDED IN MOORS.

used to have a lot. good fights. both sides getting killed. come help em out.
    Creep Life

Quote Originally Posted by Akrorgash View Post
    Burg packs usually consist of 2/3 burgs, why can't warg packs be the same? Then you can go for solos and they have a chance, and each player gets more points per kill. Not much 2 wargs these days don't have a chance to take down, but equally good freep should get a kill provided wargs don't fight cowardly.

Imagine how much qq there could be creepside if freeps reguarly formed 6 man burg packs.....

Having said that, warg packs vs freep groups are good fun, nothing wrong with them. Issue I have is with taking down soloers...but the lure of points is too strong and as long as there are enough wargs, there will be packs who do this.

Having said, creepside community is kind of in the gutter atm, I used to feel part of something, now I feel like a bit of outcast. My views don't belong. Most are happy to take the kills and points they can get. Ath you are right imo, but creepside doesn't give a damn....nor would the majority of freepside if tables were turned though. Something has to change.
    I should have kept reading this before I answered.
    so wp shouldn't take down soloers? who should be killed is always a matter of opinion. one night ill leave a r5 alone in groth while questing, another night ill kill a r5 in groth camping. There will always be a debate on who should and shouldn't be killed. I have no problem with mercy creeps like Lish, but that's not my way of playing in a pvp zone =/

Ill tell ya this, the wp isn't going to go away anytime soon. We like you though Athy. Least I do, ive stopped them from attacking you a few times actually. =)
    Creep Life

Quote Originally Posted by Vaineater View Post
    I should have kept reading this before I answered.
    so wp shouldn't take down soloers? who should be killed is always a matter of opinion. one night ill leave a r5 alone in groth while questing, another night ill kill a r5 in groth camping. There will always be a debate on who should and shouldn't be killed. I have no problem with mercy creeps like Lish, but that's not my way of playing in a pvp zone =/

Ill tell ya this, the wp isn't going to go away anytime soon. We like you though Athy. Least I do, ive stopped them from attacking you a few times actually. =)
    Yes, its a never-ending debate. But if you are having trouble with finding prey at night, maybe you should try a nicer, softer touch: penning them up and petting them a bit, fattening, even breeding them (Not hobbits though, that's just disgusting) and then slaughter them? Might help solve your problem, *if* there are several more freeps like Ath who are put off by WP antics in Moors.
    Akrorgash - r11 reaver // Morakh - r8 wl // Tyrakh r6 ba // Silthus r8 Defi // Rawrik r6 neglected warg // ----- Withywindle

I am 3 year player in moors now.

Almost played game everyday since I started so here is my point on things.

1. The community of players from both sides need to be fixed otherwise asking for freeps you won't see many around.

2. The devs made it too easy for wargs in a pack to escape and moving around without being tracked.

3. A warg or any player that follows a group permanently will struggle when the time comes when that player will be a solo running around a empty place. Even get some high ranked players that looks bad when fighting alone then.

4. We lost our quality wargs from the past that killed almost any freep solo.

5. 99% more warg packs then burg packs. So argument is going to be hard to discuss with me.

6. My last point is withy creep side hate towards freeps made me left the moors here. I don't regret leaving because I joined good action servers ( not snowy as its not nice there ).

Play on both sides and see what's going on and then you will know the story of withy moors.

Fatalis here from 03/02/2011 to 30/01/2014 on 5 freeps and 4 creeps in the moors.
    E-strolling must be made in South Africa.

Q7: Any chance to see the access to Ettenmoors possible buying some "Ettenmoors Pass" in the store and not only through VIP?
    A: [HoarseDev] – Working on it.
    (taken from the 'ask the LOTRO Team', 6 feb 2014)

depending on how this works out you might see me and other free people players come out on occasion. In the meanwhile I'm not willing to pay a monthly fee for this aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegame View Post
    well said
    wargs who travel in packs just to farm the solo player or the red ranks players just coming to the moors ruins the moors
    new freeps will not come out or back when you have bloodpaws and the lackeys that leech off of the farming that he/she does
    HEy Bloodpaws here, if you know i group with my friends fireclaws, Whitefangs and Shadowsfear. those are my mates, who i talk tough skype with and group with, sometimes yes i make warg packs, but i keep it tribe.. You say i farm, (ppl on WW cant handle warg packs/ wargs that know how to play the class, exept a few) what about what freeps have done all these years to creeps? i dont see any freeps letting low ranks be alone, ive seen Freepraids zerging r0 r1.. like dogs that have not seen their masters for awhile.. also everytime i solo, freeps just run, flop, call in zerg ect, what comes around, goes around.. im here to stay, my friends are here to stay, got problems with me, logg creepside, and lets have a chat, im not that evil..

Anyways, tnx to the freeps that know how the retreat button works, you guys are the real deal.. Tamie, azlog, Dissenter, Hankthepug, allosbor and many more, you are all great players, and some of you will be the best, on this server, because you dont fear beeing solo or outnumbered and want a challenge..
    Laws are silent in times of war.
    War is the father of us all, King of all. Some it makes gods, some it makes men, some it makes slaves.

with all this attitude the moors will be a pve

with all this attitude the moors will be a pve
    good! come out and pve. better chance to run into us! =)
    Creep Life

Quote Originally Posted by StickyIckyEU View Post

Anyways, tnx to the freeps that know how the retreat button works, you guys are the real deal.. Tamie, azlog, Dissenter, Hankthepug, allosbor and many more, you are all great players, and some of you will be the best, on this server, because you dont fear beeing solo or outnumbered and want a challenge..
    here here. They the ones improving their skillzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Creep Life

Quote Originally Posted by Vaineater View Post
    good! come out and pve. better chance to run into us! =)
    hope it is fun forming groups and warg packs to farm norbogs and slugs then

hope it is fun forming groups and warg packs to farm norbogs and slugs then
    Even while calling for more freeps, I haven't had to do that in......never. =)

Aciton has been great of late. I think this post worked! =D
    Creep Life

[QUOTE=inthegame;7095746]well said
    new freeps will not come out or back when you have bloodpaws and the lackeys that leech off of the farming that he/she does[/QUOTE

well maybe instead of ignoring the red level players moors freeps should take them in and cultivate them in groups instead of riding past them and ignoring them, throwing them to the dogs so to speak.
    After all, its these people we are trying to attract to the moors, not to be used as cannon fodder, unless there is an underlying intent here.
    Ask them into your raid group, teach them if they are new to the zone and they will come back, put the call out over GLFF for new moors players.

Never again

Relatively new player here ... been playing LOTRO for less than a year. I went to Ettenmoors one time, and one time only, as part of my regular questing ... I got a pop-up quest, or something in the mail, I really don't remember. But I began questing in there and was attacked and killed by a mob of 8-10 other players. I rezzed and left and will never go back.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKphish View Post
    Relatively new player here ... been playing LOTRO for less than a year. I went to Ettenmoors one time, and one time only, as part of my regular questing ... I got a pop-up quest, or something in the mail, I really don't remember. But I began questing in there and was attacked and killed by a mob of 8-10 other players. I rezzed and left and will never go back.
    BEAVERS!!! In pvp here you need to relax when this happens man, everyone here has been zerged/ganked by both sides. Myself been killed in moors 52 times in 1 day and I go back. 1700 deaths now almost so I may be lucky not to have 2k+ yet
    E-strolling must be made in South Africa.

Lava is right.
    It happened to us all. I went there the first time when I was a fresh level 85, with no clue what's going on and I thought exactly the same. 'I will never go back' and now... I am a R12 captain.
    Luckily I could convince a friend to come to moors also (I know I didn't leave him alone with that topic xD). And we did a lot of stuff together. Although we were in moors every day we couldn't get used to it, that we got zerged many times. It is part of the game.
    And we started to understand that there is no point to get mad or something, because of PvP. We kept on fighting and we had more times we really enjoed than times, we really hated. Me at least.
    And I really, really enjoed the times we were only in a small group or duoing, fighting creeps or just doing some quests.
    I don't know what level you are but maybe just level to level cap, get some gear and the special armour in moors (audacity - gear) and come back afterwards, you will see it will help you. Of course not against 8 or more but still.
    Or ask freeps, that are online for help. I am pretty sure there are people around that will help you

Vanyiarel R15 Minstrel ~ Andhfara R13 Captain ~ Runyareth R12 Minstrel ~ Estelrod R10 RK
    Odyssey - Evernight ~~~ Original Challenger of the Abyss

Quote Originally Posted by Andhfara View Post
    And we started to understand that there is no point to get mad or something, because of PvP.
    Oh the wonderful Irony...

Just tried the moors as a freep the other day and even though i got killed a ton, once i got in a group it was fun. I'm not used to group play done most everything solo in the game so far, so it's a nice change to play in a group that didn't mind me tagging along while i'm trying to figure out the best way for my hunter to play. Does it make a difference if you're not a level 100 when you go there? Does anyone have any advice for a hunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Heavensdarkangel View Post
    Just tried the moors as a freep the other day and even though i got killed a ton, once i got in a group it was fun. I'm not used to group play done most everything solo in the game so far, so it's a nice change to play in a group that didn't mind me tagging along while i'm trying to figure out the best way for my hunter to play. Does it make a difference if you're not a level 100 when you go there? Does anyone have any advice for a hunter?
    hi mate, yeah it does make a difference if ur not level 100, even though it scales u up to 100, u will be squishier and have less dps than a 100 freep, but its still playable if u know what ur doing...
    audacity armour from the class trainer in gv is a new system if ur not pvmp experienced, is something u need to learn about too, saving commendations from kills and questing to buy audacity armour (6 pieces all up) is a must if u wanna survive longer than 5 seconds in a fight...,
    but stick with it, every1 started out sometime or another and every1 died loads of times when they first started in moors too, but the more u rank up, be it by questing or grouping with higher ranks for help, the more audacity armour u can buy and the stronger u will become... good luck and cya in the moors

glok
    Evernight:
    Lashnar- R9 Blackarrow
    Funnell- R8 Spider
    Durzhog-R8 Warg
    Glokrut-R9 Warleader
    Glokbat- R12 Defiler
    Zimrul- R7 Reaver

Brandywine:
    Herritic- R7 Minstrel
    Lashnar- R10 Blackarrow
    Lashnor-R7 Spider

Laurelin:
    Eriondil- R12 Runekeeper
    Eriothol- R6 Loremaster

RIP - Withywindle
    Paz-R5 Hunter
    Malvarith-R3 Burglar

How would a lvl 60 hunter or a lvl 61 RK fair? or should i level them up more. been interested for a while now but never got round to it. and if i should lvl more/to cap, where should it be done? i have all x-pacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithillos View Post
    How would a lvl 60 hunter or a lvl 61 RK fair? or should i level them up more. been interested for a while now but never got round to it. and if i should lvl more/to cap, where should it be done? i have all x-pacs.
    I would definitely lvl up some more. The level scaling in this game is extremely poor and you will be a small meat shield in fights for the most part.
    If you have all the XPacs, go Mirkwood-Dunland-East Rohan-West Rohan-West Gondor. That will get you to cap in a few months of you take your time and enjoy the story.
    Withywindle characters-Caesaran (warden), Dernudan (Lore master)
    Brandywine characters- Dernudan (champion), Denthur (guardian), Delphinianic(captain)

It's impossible for Freeps, at this stage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast